Scotland Forever & Greenland Republic

PerthLady

Upgrade from: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...=44724&st=0

Treaty Introduction :)

3 guys, 1 Greenlander, 1 English and 1 Scottish, are walking along the beach one day and come across a lantern and a Genie pops out of it.

"I give you each one wish, that's three wishes in total", says the Genie.

The Greenlander says, "I am a fisherman, my Dad's a fisherman, his Dad was a fisherman and my son will be one too. I want all the oceans full of fish for all eternity."

So, with a blink of the Genie's eye "AlKaZoom" the oceans were teeming with fish.

The English guy was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall around England, protecting her, so that nothing will get in for all eternity.

Again, with a blink of the Genie's eye "AlkaZoom - POOF" there was a huge wall around England.

The Scot asks, "I'm very curious. Please tell me more about this wall."

The Genie explains, "Well, it's about 150 feet high, 50 feet thick, protecting England so that nothing can get in or out."

The Scot says, "Ach, fill it up with water."

The 'Ach, Fill It Up With Water Treaty' (PLUS UPDATE!)

I.Preamble

This document hereby establishes a strengthened bond of friendship between The Greenland Republic and Scotland Forever. It will stand to protect the safety, security, and prosperity of all members through the mutual distribution of information and optional defense.

II.Sovereignty

It is understood that both The Greenland Republic and Scotland Forever will remain sovereign and independent bodies.

III. Aggression

A. No acts of aggression between The Greenland Republic and Scotland Forever shall exist for the duration spanning the ratification of this document. Acts of aggression within this treaty are defined as:

* A Declaration of War against the other signing entity;

* Monetary or military aiding of a known enemy of the other signing entity;

* Spy infiltrations of individual nations or alliances as a whole;

* Threatening/Hostile statements exchanged on boards, IRC, or ingame PM;

B. In the event of a large-scale conflict occurring between one of the undersigned alliances and a third party alliance already holding a treaty to the other undersigned alliance of this treaty, the undersigned alliances shall remain neutral for the duration of the war, thus refraining from violating the terms outlined in (Article III A). This clause shall not be in effect should one of the alliances be obligated by treaty to attack the other.

IV. Aggression Violation

If a member of an undersigned alliance violates the terms outlined in Article III A, they will be given twenty-four hours after being notified of the violation to offer peace and pay reparations equal to the damage inflicted. Payment of reparations may be neglected only if the undersigned would be violating a preexisting treaty or document of surrender by doing so. Defending nations will not retaliate unless the the offender fails to comply within the twenty-four hour period.

If the offending nation refuses to comply with the terms outlined defining a violation of the undersigned's non-aggression, will not offer peace within the twenty-four hour time frame, and proves incapable of providing reason for the lack of compliance, the offending nation's alliance will investigate the incident thoroughly and hand out punishment and/or reparations as appropriate. Furthermore, the expelled nation is to be considered a rogue by both parties, and is to be dealt with accordingly.

V.Aiding

A. Although it is not mandated for The Greenland Republic and Scotland Forever to partake in economic, military, or technological exchange, it is encouraged as an act of open diplomacy and continued friendly relations. The friendship aforementioned within the Preamble may cease to exist should one party refuse to aid the other in a time of dire need.

B. In times of conflict, each signatory, at the request of the other, has the option of providing direct military assistance to the party in need. While such aid is not compelled in any way, this document sanctions such an action.

VI.Intelligence

With the passing of this document, The Greenland Republic and Scotland Forever agree to open exchange of intelligence regarding any sort of diplomatic or militaristic action one is considering. For this to happen, it is heavily encouraged that the parties pursue continued intercommunication. Discussion through one another's forums, IRC channels, and using ingame PM systems to exchange information is vital to the longevity of this document.

VII. Civility

Both signatory alliances shall be resolute in their in their demands that the members of their alliances act in a civil and polite manner when speaking to members of the other signatory alliance, especially in public forums and other populated venues.

VIII. Termination

This document may be terminated by a unanimous decision by the governing bodies of either one (1) of either The Greenland Republic and Scotland Forever. A grace period of 72 hours is to exist between the statement of intent in the Greenland Republic Embassy on Scotland Forever's message board or vice versa and the actual termination of the treaty.

IX. Ratification

We, the undersigned officials of The Greenland Republic and Scotland Forever agree to the terms outlined in this treaty as binding and tolerable, and wish to pursue such relations.

SIGNATORIES FOR SCOTLAND FOREVER

Big Yogi, First Minister

Perth Lady, Minister of Foreign Affairs

Lord Mole, Minister of Recruitment & Education

Slaine, Minister of Internal Affairs

TheHighlander, Minister of War

SIGNATORIES FOR GREENLAND REPUBLIC

Drai, Archon

Celtic, Vice Archon

Sande, Minister of Finance

Virillus, Minister of Defense

James Davis, Minister of Foreign Affairs

Poolmeister, Minister of the Interior

Kestral, Senate

Wurzel, Senate

Kosherness, Senate

Davidius, Senate

Shamed Monkey, Senate

The bold and italics are the new additions :)

Edited by PerthLady