Ineffective and simple

New forum found here

Our Charter was wrong

Weak provisions for gov'ment

Revised found below

Consider this post

The relaunch of Aquitaine.

Who wants to join up?

Aquitaine, known colloquially is The Pirates of Aquitaine, is a Pink team alliance but will, at its leadership’s, discretion accept members from other team colors. Member nations shall do every action within reason to assist in Aquitaine’s well-being and growth.

Aquitaine is a peaceful alliance focused on economic growth. All government actions shall and will be documented in the Announcements folder in the Members-Only section of the Aquitaine off-site forums. All actions in this charter requiring publication or thread creation shall be posted in the Announcements folder in the Members-Only section of the Aquitaine off-site forums.

1. Admission & Dismissal

a. Prospective members may apply for membership in Aquitaine, provided they meet the following criteria:

i. No active wars at the time of application

ii. Not knowingly a military target of another alliance

iii. Not a member, at any level, of another alliance AND

iv. Filled out the membership application and agree to Aquitaine’s charter and code of conduct

b. Members may be dismissed from Aquitaine at any time following a finding of:

i. First violation of the code of conduct

ii. First violation of this charter OR

iii. Failure to switch team color to after the 14th day of membership

2. Government

a. Aquitaine is lead by the High Council, a collection of members whose number shall be no less than three members and no greater than seven members.

b. Primary leadership

i. Titles

1. Titles shall be designated by the member holding the position.

ii. Duties

1. Duties shall be apportioned by the collective members of the High Council

iii. Appointment and Dismissal

1. As of this Charter’s signing, three positions of the High Council will be filled by appointment.

2. Future High Council positions and vacancies will be filled by appointment.

3. A member of the high council will be removed from their seat following:

a. The publication of a written order to vacate from both remaining High Council members OR

b. The published results of a vote where 67% of the Aquitaine member nations are in favor of the unconditional removal.

4. No High Council position shall be vacant for a time period greater than 14 days. Should a vacancy remain open for a time period exceeding 14 days, the remaining High Council and Ministers shall be excused from power and interim leadership duties will be shared among all member nations above 5,000 infra at the time of dissolution.

a. The interim leadership shall immediately work to nominate a new High Council under the provisions set forth in Article 2, Section (B)(iii)(2)

5. Upon removal from a position in the High Council, the nation remains a member of Aquitaine and remains bound to the charter and code of conduct. The nation, however, shall never hold a position in the High Council or as a Minister in Aquitaine or any future iteration of the alliance

c. Secondary Leadership

i. Creation of Positions

1. The High Council may create, at their discretion, up to four Ministries within Aquitaine and fill their seats by unanimous appointment.

2. Such appointments will be published upon decision

ii. Dismissal

1. Ministers may be dismissed following

a. The publication of a unanimous written order to vacate from the remaining Ministers and High Council members OR

b. The publication of a vote where 67% of the Aquitaine member nations are in favor of the unconditional removal

d. Decision-making and Authority

i. On all matters concerning the rights, duties or obligations of Aquitaine or its individual members, the High Council shall work with the Ministers

ii. Any member of either group, High Council or Minister, may submit a new motion

iii. Such motion will be open for public review for three days

iv. Following the review period, the High Council and Ministers will meet en banc and vote.

1. Should any vote in-favor of a motion fail to achieve a two-thirds majority vote, the review period is automatically extended for three additional days

3. Foreign Policy

a. It is the policy of Aquitaine to:

i. pursue peaceful resolutions to all disputes through diplomatic means

ii. refrain from striking first in any conflict

iii. resolve any unresolved or uncooperative military disputes through the systematic removal of the offending nation’s, or nations’, infrastructure, land and technology

iv. view any Senatorial Sanction against the alliance or any of its individual nations as an Act of War and the first battle strike

v. view any acts of espionage, in-game or off-site, as an Act of War and the first battle strike

vi. allow its members use of any and all resources at their disposal in conflict, up to and including nuclear missiles.

1. If attacked via nuclear weapons, Aquitaine nations are authorized to respond in duplicate.

b. This section may be amended at any time by a simple majority vote from the combined High Council and Ministers

4. A Clarification on Technology Procurements by use of force

Any nation of Aquitaine shall be allowed to forcibly procure technology from a target nation, so long as the attack is documented in the Members-Only section of the off-site forums and the target nation is unaligned and outside of the red and pink spheres. Any member engaged in such a technology procurement maneuver will operate with the minimum required force and will discontinue the operation if the target nation requests peace.

5. Document Sovereignty

Upon being published in the Public Documents folder in the Public Documents section of the off-site forums, this document becomes sovereign. All preceding charters and government structures are hereby dissolved.

Signed,

Typhoid Mary of Sweet Water

Luckybob343 of Levittownistan

Ron Popeil of Showtime

Queen Miranda of Pendaran

Zuulius Maximus of Halalalaastan

For any leaders who do not feel that haiku is an appropriate or respectful means of official communication, allow me to sum up the post:

- Aquitaine, founded in May 2008, is now colloquially known as The Pirates of Aquitaine. For official purposes, we will still be known as Aquitaine.

- We are in the process of moving to new forums, now found at www.piratesofaquitaine.com. They are open and operational. Feel free to stop by.

- We have updated our charter to allow for more fluid changes in leadership.

- Our IRC channel, #aquitaine at Coldfront.net, remains unchanged.

We look forward to continued peace and prosperity with our friends and allies throughout Planet Bob. May everyone find this message in good spirits.

Edited by luckybob343

Congrats to AQ(or formally known as AQ)

Question: What is your acronym now?

Officially, meaning for all treaties and transactions on Planet Bob, we are still known as Aquitaine. AQ will remain our acronym. We've adopted the pirate moniker for all unofficial communication.

Is OBM still with you?

Frankly, I was couped by the infamous ruse of handing over the keys to the alliance in exchange for certain "personal favors" and TM now holds all the power. Ok, so that isn't what happened. :)

I founded AQ, mainly to see if I could found an alliance. Found some great members, made some great friends and then decided to move to the retirement home in TPF. I still support everything that is AQ. I love the change of the name and the move to open seas piracy.

As for the name, I was seeking out something that combined a sense of strength w/ a history involving notable female leadership to be situated on the Pink Sphere. Tada! Aquitaine. As for the hippy reference, well, yeah, AQ is totally about free love and running around naked with the members of Poison Clan.

OBM