IRON Presidential Announcement

Heft

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy retirement.. don't let them talk you into giving up your rocking chair.. TBB and Slayer will call dibs on it and move it to their porch and leave ya a rocking horse in its place. :P

Take care Heft.. I'm sure we'll catch a few sightings of you on the forums again.. Kind of like Bigfoot :D

oo/ IRON

Poor Finster :P.. hehe

Heft, I first met you about a year ago, albeit under different conditions. But since then, I have found out that we have similar issues and interests.

I found your announcement very heart-felt and close to my heart.

I personally offer you my best and the same goes for that from the GPA.

Good luck enjoying what IRON has given you and what CN has also.

Be well.

Is the announcement of a leadership shift necessary if it is irrelevant to interaction with and policy of said leadership?

It was just a question. I know, I know: it's entirely inconceivable that I might ask one without having the nefarious intent of embarrassing the relevant parties or otherwise causing mischief. If you'd like I can get someone who's not on perma-ZI to ask the question so you don't have heart failure, but it will get everyone back to their mindless congratulating and inconsequential pleasantries much faster if someone simply answers it.

Certainly you may ask a question without having the nefarious intent of embarrassing the relevant parties or otherwise causing mischief. Actually, you often do so.

This time, anyway, you were quite evidently trying to imply that IRON's change of leadership is irrelevant. Although it's perfectly acceptable and expected that you try to embarass them - as you're at war against them - this doesn't mean that most people can't see that you're asking a not neutral and not amicable question.

By the way, Heft said that "[FinsterBaby] will be making his own personal address in the coming days." You probably will then see what changes with this leadership change.

the president is gone... hail the President!

o/ Finster, you were always a person i admired in IRON, one of my favourite councilors, and i'm really happy to see you become the new president!

Peron is getting over your branch now?

Lord Hippo, good luck in your endeavors! i hope that you will stay in IRON where mud is always abundant :P

edit: phail spelling AGAIN >_>

Edited by Venizelos

Heft,

It's been an honor calling you a friend and ally. I wish you nothing but the best in your future pursuits. Enjoy your retirement by telling the kids to get off your lawn.

Finsterbaby,

Congrats! I'm certain you'll excel in your new position!

It has nothing to do with you being Vox. This is more a sign of symbolically passing on the mantle to another person. Heft has made friends and probably enemies while here but he has served for a long time and this is something of note. It is a changing of the guard so to speak and so I'd say, yes, it is necessary. It offers a chance for him to say farewell before passing it on. It gives the community a chance to honor him before he steps down and to give him well wishes.

It is not completely mindless hails but people who honestly wish him better. Yes, there will be some people who hail him because he was president but he has a well earned reputation and it is a leader who is stepping down from the scene. So I say, yes, it is necessary for those who wish to remember and honor a leader before he passes a mantle and to welcome the new leader who accepts the burden.

Congrats to Finster again and Heft I'll see you around. ;)

Well at least you answered.

Certainly you may ask a question without having the nefarious intent of embarrassing the relevant parties or otherwise causing mischief. Actually, you often do so.

This time, anyway, you were quite evidently trying to imply that IRON's change of leadership is irrelevant. Although it's perfectly acceptable and expected that you try to embarass them - as you're at war against them - this doesn't mean that most people can't see that you're asking a not neutral and not amicable question.

By the way, Heft said that "[FinsterBaby] will be making his own personal address in the coming days." You probably will then see what changes with this leadership change.

Or maybe I wanted to know if, say, IRON's policy toward perma-ZI'ing entire alliances perhaps changed? Or even individual nations? Or anything? I don't know what the President does these days (prettymuch nothing in my day) as I've not read IRON's most recent charter so maybe nothing changes at all except the mask. I don't see why they can't state as such.

Heft: From the OP sense a kindred spirit. Good luck to you in all your pursuits, whatever they may be. Stop by Ragnarok some time.

Finsterbaby: IRON and Rok do not have any treaties together, though we did cooperate during the First Coalition War/GW V. It has also been my distinct pleasure to seek with Coursca on several occasions this past month. I look forward to speaking to you as well in the coming days. With Slayer99 vouching for you, I think we'll get along rather well. ;)

Good luck, Heft. Few people in Cybernations can claim to have enjoyed such successful careers as you have, and the fact that IRON stands as high as it does today, both politically and statistically, when so many other alliances around you have fallen, is a monument to your superb leadership. You have a great deal to be proud of, and I hope you enjoy your retirement; you've truly earned it!

Also, congratulations to FinsterBaby. I'm sure you'll follow in Heft's footsteps to lead IRON to continued success.

Congratulations on an excellent run during your time as President and I wish you well in your retirement.

o/ IRON

o/ Heft

As always IRON has a deep and talented pool of people to step up and take charge for nearly any situation and I know Finster will continue to keep IRON true to her traditions and values.

o/ Finster

These are not mindless hails, just another former-IRON member wishing former comrades well...

You've been a great ally, Heft. You will be missed. :) Congrats on the retirement.

This and so much more. You've been a great friend as well as an ally and have helped us out during some dark times. Your service won't be forgotten and we are grateful for it. Have a nice vacation. B)