SPA merge...

who would listen to you

you are the only person in your alliance,you are getting killed by IRON,and you dont even have 500ns well good luck you are going to need it

I put that alliance on just for fun, it was my first alliance

Ok, lots of people have been killed by an alliance at one point at another and kept their legitimacy

NS = Irrelevant, ask Vox

Luck? Where I'm going I don't need luck :P I'm quitting

I would listen to me because I've led 2 micro alliances over 10-11 months just with cowman809. The largest had 40 members in it and I did most of the work right until the very end.

Therefore I have a good understanding of the life cycles and choices of micro alliances. Pacifica protectorates are few and far between and for SPA to acquire one was extra ordinary (emphasis on the "extra). I'm not saying your protector is bad. From my experience, its better to get the 1-1 protectorate with a highly esteemed alliance than a 1-X protectorate with a highly esteemed alliance.

PS - Anyone could have an opinion, its not your place to say "don't say anything." I'd like to see where WANG will go with an attitude like that. You have to be considerably powerful to get away with it. I presume it'll get you in trouble some day.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats SPA and WANG. THIS must be the greatest thing ever happened to SPA, since WANGers are good people. I don't see difference between protectors, as long as they can protect and guide. And I can tell you, RoK is very good guide and protector.

I would listen to me because I've led 2 micro alliances over 10-11 months just with cowman809. The largest had 40 members in it and I did most of the work right until the very end.

You're right, you should listen to yourself. You've lead two alliances (which you have to qualify as "micro"), and apparently failed with both. At this point I think my doormat has more meaningful leadership experience.

To the outward eye forfeiting the NPO protectorate might seem like a bad thing, but the truth is we don't all know the complete circumstances. Aside from this statement from Moo nothing much has been said. I'm going to venture that SPA didn't drop the protectorate lightly and considered their options before merging into WANG. That said, good luck SPA/WANG, hopefully time will show that the decision you made was in fact the best.

edit: missed an important "]"

Edited by Tungsten

You're right, you should listen to yourself. You've lead two alliances (which you have to qualify as "micro"), and apparently failed with both. At this point I think my doormat has more meaningful leadership experience.

To the outward eye forfeiting the NPO protectorate might seem like a bad thing, but the truth is we don't all know the complete circumstances. Aside from this statement from Moo nothing much has been said. I'm going to venture that SPA didn't drop the protectorate lightly and considered their options before merging into WANG. That said, good luck SPA/WANG, hopefully time will show that the decision you made was in fact the best.

edit: missed an important "]"

Only 1 failed and another moved on. The one that failed crumbled after I left it because of outside issues (TPO).

:ph34r:

This merge negates the protectorate; they were informed of that when they came to discuss this merge with us. Good luck.

I can never recognize you with this new fangled avatar.

Bunnies disapprove.

On an entirely unrelated note, congratulations, mergers can be awesome.

Your ability to make your TPO story (and your story about being duped into this game) less and less believable with every new post is absolutely amazing.

Umm explain?

Actually, its no use. I'm quitting anyway and I honestly don't care about your input on this.

To make everything clear to everyone, when we worked out the merger, it was understood by WANG's government that this is a temporary merge, they agreed to that.

We merged due to serious issues we had with activity all through our life as well as recruitment issues. Some government where not active. When we do reform in the future, it will be with a new charter and new government.

I be happy to answer any more questions you may have, as long as they are about SPA or the merge with WANG.

Sincerely,

Bobithy

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs for WANG

To make everything clear to everyone, when we worked out the merger, it was understood by WANG's government that this is a temporary merge, they agreed to that.

I be happy to answer any more questions you may have, as long as they are about SPA or the merge with WANG.

Did you work out logistical agreements? Like... how long you had to remain in WANG, if you would have to repay any aid when you left, things like that? I've never heard of a formal temporary merge plan and would be interested to know how one works.

Did you work out logistical agreements? Like... how long you had to remain in WANG, if you would have to repay any aid when you left, things like that? I've never heard of a formal temporary merge plan and would be interested to know how one works.

Your alliance isn't working. Inactive members, bad government, no money, inexperience, ect. You ask an alliance to temporarily merge into them. They get a boost in NS, some government members to help them out, they train some members and reap benefits of their work, and they make some close friends. When the alliance feels they are ready to restart an alliance they leave and probably get a treaty with the other guys since they got really close.

Your alliance isn't working. Inactive members, bad government, no money, inexperience, ect. You ask an alliance to temporarily merge into them. They get a boost in NS, some government members to help them out, they train some members and reap benefits of their work, and they make some close friends. When the alliance feels they are ready to restart an alliance they leave and probably get a treaty with the other guys since they got really close.

I was asking the person who merged. Not the person who "is quitting" and has the anti midas touch. Not to mention the fact that you didn't even answer my question.

We will stay for a minimum of 1 month, then we are free to go. We dont have to repay aid, but if they ask us to, we probably will. We have set up a organized academy for them and will help with that if needed, even after we leave. We will have boosted them in NS, and we will be getting a treaty with WANG when we leave, so we can stay close. ;)

Any more?

We will stay for a minimum of 1 month, then we are free to go. We dont have to repay aid, but if they ask us to, we probably will. We have set up a organized academy for them and will help with that if needed, even after we leave. We will have boosted them in NS, and we will be getting a treaty with WANG when we leave, so we can stay close. ;)

Any more?

Hmm. Interesting idea. I wish you the best of luck in its execution.

NPO does not often grant protection to startups, hence i can understand the reactions of "hey what are you doing!!"

I am sure, as evidenced by Moo's post, that they have talked it out with Pacifica and that the issue of protectorate agreement has been worked out [agreement negated] amicably. WANG is a group of cool folk and i am sure former SPA will fit right in, in that welcoming and fun environment.

The temporary nature of this merge is something new and as i daresay if both the groups know what they are doing and have talked it out, in depth, there ought to be no nasty surprises. Who knows, there might be something to learn in this temporary merge for the rest of Bob.

Yes i am a rokker and i like merges :P . Those carried out properly.

The temporary nature of this merge is something new and as i daresay if both the groups know what they are doing and have talked it out, in depth, there ought to be no nasty surprises. Who knows, there might be something to learn in this temporary merge for the rest of Bob.

To merge governments and have they separate out is like Germany merging with France and redoing their whole govt structure, forums, and money just to say a month later, ok, thanks and good bye. There is more than meets the eye here and for this to work I believe both are getting something which they couldn't if they were separate AAs.

To merge governments and have they separate out is like Germany merging with France and redoing their whole govt structure, forums, and money just to say a month later, ok, thanks and good bye. There is more than meets the eye here and for this to work I believe both are getting something which they couldn't if they were separate AAs.

Yeah, its called statistics. I know, I like it when mine go up too...