Your Regularly Scheduled Vox Thread

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is very interesting, not for the OP but for what some other people are saying to each other.

The fact that every Vox Populi thread gets to 10 pages is an indication that they are still politically relevant, if you ask me.

Sincerely, that's the sad state of CN. Would be more fun if something like AEGIS would be getting some big threads <_<

For everyone’s reminder, I have had the famous playwrights of FRANCOS SPAIN compose a single-act play of this thread. It will be performed tonight at the Lycaeum, amoung all the world's guides. Everyone in this thread is invited, friends, foes and indifferent folks:

Announcement: alliance x and alliance y have signed a treaty. They already have four, but they don't like even numbers!

Everyone: Hail! o/

Vox: Don't you have 4 treaties already?

Everyone: YOU'RE IRRELEVANT!

Vox: lol

Fin.

You know I think I like yours better actually.

I aim to please, and I'm glad I amused folks from both sides of the argument. ;)

There are two things I find ironic, actually. The first is the constant insistence that Vox cannot be relevant, but it has a number of luminaries from the bigger alliances of CN and whenever a statement is made, it is followed by many replies. If you are not relevant, you are at least, high political entertainment, which might make you relevant in and of itself.

The second is the whole Electron Sponge thing. The man went out of his way to practically disband alliances through his history. There is arguments he tried to undermine his own allies, and the...discourse he shows here I hear is par for the course for when he was powerful. The man could be argued to be the biggest of the has beens, a man who is willing to show off his gruff demeanor and to mess up all he was supposed to love, including his former brothers. Such a man should not be relevant except perhaps his historical contributions to Polaris, but he is, through his personality cult and the high political entertainment, he again, once provides.

I don't agree with all of Vox Populi ethics, and if you read the 'script', the playwright goes out of his way to point out how silly the entire argument is, lampooning Vox for a rather almost hailing dittohead argument that they accuse many other alliances for, and the irony that ES isn't relevant by pointing it out to him and what a scumbag he is. There is a saying in Ghostlin: 'If you feel like a scumbag, then you probably are a scumbag. You might as well own that.'

The third and final irony, is that I, like everyone else, just can't shut up about it. :P

Edited by Ghostlin

The fact of the matter is that without us you would have nothing to talk about except the dozens of treaties fast-tracked each day, and nothing to gnash your teeth at, full stop. Alliances bring out their biggest guns to counter us because our ideas are a danger to the status quo and our personalities a welcome contrast from the cold, calculating crabs that run this cartel.

As for agreeing with us? You don't have to. Most don't and won't. Actually it's rather impossible to agree with "us" as a collective because each of us have our own unique ideas and philosophies. Collectively all we really seek to do on that front is prove that it's entirely possible to think for yourself. Some have caught on. Others are getting there. The rest are at war with us.

I just realized I could probably piss off almost all of Planet Bob at once by saying the Vox is far more influential than Aegis ever was.

That's why I won't say it.

:ph34r:

AEGIS was a rag tag band of alliances in a war. It was never an organization and thus never had any influence, so even if we influence one or two people, we are more influential.

I did love AEGIS though. Too bad we lost, the world would be so much better.

We? I thought you were >_< or \m/ at that time?

But yeah, Aegis was a huge failure, its only influence is in invoking sadness for some and laughter in others when remembering it.

I was in >_< during Great War II. I grew angry with The Initiative after the LUE peace terms and we had a falling out, to say the least. By the time of the Third Great War, I was Leader of Guns of Glory, who fought with The Sphere against The Initiative.

AEGIS was a rag tag band of alliances in a war. It was never an organization and thus never had any influence, so even if we influence one or two people, we are more influential.

I did love AEGIS though. Too bad we lost, the world would be so much better.

With VL standing at the top? I doubt it. It would've been the GWI-GWII cycle again without strong and worthy adversaries to keep the NPO in check. GATO, ODN, NAAC, and Legion were never going to be those adversaries.

Considering the GW1-2 cycle is widely thought to be the best period in history (OOC: most fun in the game, not sure how to make that IC :P), I think that would count as 'better' ;). Aegis was never supposed to be a cohesive, world-running bloc, and if the Initiative had been defeated then nor would it have been.