West of Eden

Call me Ishmael.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • Nation Name:West of Eden

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:23 PM

I take that as a direct insult...

Not an insult to any of the Continuum alliances really, I like a bunch, I am just stating a fact essentially. The Continuum alliances may never go to war with anyone other Continuum alliances are allied to (according to the Mobious Accords), which accounts for 99.9% of alliances, meaning that essentially The Continuum alliances may not go to war (including when required to by a MADP or MDP) except to gang bang on a small alliance.

umm, yeah i actually do. They just did "waive"* the cancellation period. :rolleyes:

Yes, I know they "waved" it. That does not mean they can actually do that. You cannot just cancel a treaty and declare it null and void despite the fact that it says otherwise.

lol, West of Eden is trolling us...we must be doing something right. :awesome:

I have no problem with Ragnarok.

Edited by West of Eden, 17 June 2008 - 11:30 PM.

#82 JaydenMcCross

JaydenMcCross

Mud + Kips = Win

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Nation Name:Land of MaBT
  • Alliance Name:Orion

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:28 PM

o/ Rok :awesome: I liked the reasoning in your DoW.

#83 Death3965

Death3965

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Nation Name:Revoultunary Sweden
  • Alliance Name:Viridian Entente

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:31 PM

werd on da stret iz hoo is skeered ArGo Blitzs owned himz so yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaa

#84 fireguy15207

fireguy15207

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • Nation Name:Nation of Allen
  • Alliance Name:MI6

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:39 PM

Yes, I know they "waved" it. That does not mean they can actually do that. You cannot just cancel a treaty and declare it null and void despite the fact that it says otherwise.

They can "waive" the article that states the grace period. It's not entirely honorable, but they can. It's not like you can't attack the alliance until the grace period is over. Also, just because Rok believes NEO is still an alliance, does not mean that applies to TPF. They might think NEO is no longer an alliance, so therefore, they are not obligated to do anything.

#85 snogirl

snogirl

No I Won't Make You A Sammich

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Nation Name:The LRCG
  • Alliance Name:MK

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:43 PM

They can "waive" the article that states the grace period. It's not entirely honorable, but they can. It's not like you can't attack the alliance until the grace period is over. Also, just because Rok believes NEO is still an alliance, does not mean that applies to TPF. They might think NEO is no longer an alliance, so therefore, they are not obligated to do anything.

OOC: It's "waived," since "waved" is an action involving the motion of your hand in a welcoming or greeting gesture.

IC: Exactly what Fireguy said, and regardless of whether NEO may have then put a hold on cancelling their treaties, it's not like RoK isn't justified in their attacks anyway. Like Hoo said earlier, they're just making it more well known that they are attacking them at this point.

#86 The Pansy

The Pansy

I fink you freaky and I like you a lot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts
  • Nation Name:Pansy Commune
  • Alliance Name:New Pansy Order - Purple Colony

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:46 PM

Posted Image

Valhalla Announcement

All Valhallans stand by their allies in RoK in this skirimsh

I do not need to spell this out, so it doesn't need its own thread

Edited by The Pansy, 17 June 2008 - 11:50 PM.

#87 fireguy15207

fireguy15207

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:50 PM

Posted Image

Valhalla Announcement

All Valhallans stand by their allies in RoK in this skirish

I do not need to spell this out, so it doesn't need its own thread

Good show, Valhalla.

Also, it's skirmish. :P

#88 Jeffro

Jeffro

Active

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Nation Name:State of Jeff
  • Alliance Name:Nuclear Proliferation League

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:53 PM

o/ RoK

#89 QuiteTheUserName

QuiteTheUserName

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Nation Name:QuiteTheNationName
  • Alliance Name:Vanguard

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:53 PM

Like I told you before Hoo - have fun. :D

#90 West of Eden

West of Eden

Call me Ishmael.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • Nation Name:West of Eden

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:36 AM

Of course you can just say no we're am not honoring the treaty, that's not under debate. According to the treaty though, TPF cannot just waive their responsibilities. They are simply choosing not to follow the treaty, which is where the problem lies (this, by the way is independent of The Mobius Accords because it's not that they've only said we are not defending NEO, they've said the entire treaty is null and void before the cancellation expires).

IC: Exactly what Fireguy said, and regardless of whether NEO may have then put a hold on cancelling their treaties, it's not like RoK isn't justified in their attacks anyway. Like Hoo said earlier, they're just making it more well known that they are attacking them at this point.

I would have preferred RoK been lenient as I've said already, but it's ok, I don't blame them for not doing so too much. The problem lies with TPF, regardless of whether an attack is justified or not, you need to follow your treaties, especially MADPs like this one. It does however turn out that TPF can wiggle their way out of this one due to a technicality written in the Mobius Accords which I find the single most ridiculous clause in treaty history.

OOC: It's "waived," since "waved" is an action involving the motion of your hand in a welcoming or greeting gesture

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind - English is a second language for me.

Edited by West of Eden, 18 June 2008 - 12:37 AM.

#91 fireguy15207

fireguy15207

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:51 AM

Of course you can just say no we're am not honoring the treaty, that's not under debate. According to the treaty though, TPF cannot just waive their responsibilities. They are simply choosing not to follow the treaty, which is where the problem lies (this, by the way is independent of The Mobius Accords because it's not that they've only said we are not defending NEO, they've said the entire treaty is null and void before the cancellation expires).

I would have preferred RoK been lenient as I've said already, but it's ok, I don't blame them for not doing so too much. The problem lies with TPF, regardless of whether an attack is justified or not, you need to follow your treaties, especially MADPs like this one. It does however turn out that TPF can wiggle their way out of this one due to a technicality written in the Mobius Accords which I find the single most ridiculous clause in treaty history.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind - English is a second language for me.

Well, it makes sense, anyway. The Continuum treaty wanted to keep it as stable as possible, and the last thing they need is one signatory to attack an ally of another signatory. It would shatter the bloc. And like I said, there's no power in the Cyberverse that can tell TPF that they cannot render a treaty null and void and enforce the activation. In any case, NEO government doesn't exist, so TPF regards the treaty as null.

#92 Uberstein

Uberstein

The member formerly known as BaronUberstein

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,689 posts
  • Nation Name:Ubersteinia

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:46 AM

I love a good war. o/ RoK

#93 Morey 2k7

Morey 2k7

Ordo Verde MoIA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • Nation Name:Mortropia
  • Alliance Name:Ordo Verde

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:58 AM

RoK, you know you got Argo's support in this war (like you will need it).
We aren't going to bother with cluttering forums with a new topic about it.

:wub: RoK
Bye NEO, you have made me laugh alot over the past 48 hours.

#94 greenacres

greenacres

boogiedown productions

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Nation Name:greenacres
  • Alliance Name:Pax Corvus

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:56 AM

Also, to save AP space and to not draw attention away from where it should be, Poison Clan supports RoK 100% in their actions against NEO, and if they so need help in any way, we offer them whatever they may require.

#95 Buds The Man

Buds The Man

What ever i want it to be

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • Nation Name:New Budsland
  • Alliance Name:Long boats are the only way to travel

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:17 AM

Have fun RoK you guys know where were at.

#96 Bleak Outlook

Bleak Outlook

No hope for the future.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Nation Name:Dun Likus
  • Alliance Name:Fark

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:21 AM

Go forth and RoK!

Hali? o\

#97 janax

janax

Old Skull Face

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Nation Name:Krymson
  • Alliance Name:Argent

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:38 AM

MHail Rok

Wipe your feet before coming back to aqua, don't track any blood in. We just got the place all orderly.

#98 bill n ted

bill n ted

Fight'in Round The World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • Nation Name:Excellent Adventures

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:42 AM

As someone who was deeply offended by NEO Im saddened that I didnt get a slot... Not sure how or when they offended me but rest assured they did :((

RoK fails for not giving BNT tech raids rightful vengeance :v:

Have fun

Edited by bill n ted, 18 June 2008 - 07:43 AM.

#99 Chinatownbus

Chinatownbus

The Venerable Oriental

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Nation Name:NY2Boston $15
  • Alliance Name:Live Free or Die

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:47 AM

werd on da stret iz hoo is skeered ArGo Blitzs owned himz so yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaa

wtf

#100 Morey 2k7

Morey 2k7

Ordo Verde MoIA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • Nation Name:Mortropia
  • Alliance Name:Ordo Verde

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:35 AM

wtf

Same thought that went through my mind. For now I will put it down to drunken posting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users