Frequently Asked Questions

Sword of Estel

Well, for instance, you have 601 crime rating. You only need to have just over 500, so you're missing out on happiness you could get from fiddling with some of your government positions.

You want to get 6 nations trading in a trade ring with those resources. Each nation in the trade ring can change their resources to those at least once a month. You should also all join a color sphere, trading with 5 people on the same color sphere as yourself gains you another +5 happiness. Grey sphere doesn't have that bonus.

Using a government that has good environment effects increases your population somewhat, and can be worth getting even if your people don't want it. I use Republic when back collecting and if I were a smaller nation I'd collect with Democracy, because it has +1 happiness and +1 environment.

Your improvement order is out of whack. You should have 1 Harbor, 1 Foreign Ministry, 3 schools, 2 universities, and then get banks and stadiums after that. They used to tell us get one bank, one stadium, one bank, one stadium alternately. After banks and stadiums, get your last two schools, and buy Police HQ's, Intel Agencies, and Churches come after those. Buy a clinic or a hospital when you reach a point when doing so will give you another improvement slot.

When buying infra, you should delete your 5 cheapest improvements, and buy full factories, then buy a bunch of infra, then delete the factories and buy as many income improvements as you can. After you get above 1999.99 infra, you should consider swapping in 5 labor camps to pay bills. Again, just delete your 5 cheapest improvements for spots to put the labor camps in and then delete the labor camps before you collect and put better income improvements in.

The infra jumps to watch out for are 999.99, 2999.99, 3999.99, 4999.99, 7999.99, and another high one I can't remember. Make sure you jump these by at least 200 infra. Some of the higher ones it's better just to save up enough money to buy 1k infra or so before jumping them.

Around 3999.99 infra(possibly earlier if you have a lot of cash), consider getting wonders. Stock Market is a great first wonder. They boost your income well.

Other things to consider are never collecting without at least 100 tech(since you'll sell it anyway), as tech up to 200 gives you happiness. Don't buy more than 100 tech while you're a seller as it'll cut into your profits. The cheapest way to buy tech from zero is in this order

As it takes avantage of the tech price jumps.

Generals are another source of happiness/income pop that are worth considering if you are of a warrior mindset. The Generals all require XP to buy and have different benefits. Shoot to buy ones with +1 happiness/+1% income/+1% pop benefits.

Don't maintain tanks or cruise missiles when you are at war, they're cheaper just to buy when you need them than to maintain long term.

There are things I'm missing here, but really most alliance guides would cover them except for possibly crime rate since that's new and not a lot of people understand it.

EDIT: Oh, and when collecting while trading for a uranium resource, make sure to set it to the setting that allows for nuke plants. You can also temp in better collection resources but it's extra work and there's a lot of basics to understand first.

Edited by Auctor

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to get 6 nations trading in a trade ring with those resources. Each nation in the trade ring can change their resources to those at least once a month. You should also all join a color sphere, trading with 5 people on the same color sphere as yourself gains you another +5 happiness. Grey sphere doesn't have that bonus.

I already have a few long-term trade agreements. Will I still enjoy that bonus if I switch to their colours without needing to cancel the agreements? :unsure:

and Churches come after those.

I'm not Christian. :P

When buying infra, you should delete your 5 cheapest improvements, and buy full factories, then buy a bunch of infra, then delete the factories and buy as many income improvements as you can. After you get above 1999.99 infra, you should consider swapping in 5 labor camps to pay bills. Again, just delete your 5 cheapest improvements for spots to put the labor camps in and then delete the labor camps before you collect and put better income improvements in.

Why? Can you elaborate? :huh:

Generals are another source of happiness/income pop that are worth considering if you are of a warrior mindset. The Generals all require XP to buy and have different benefits. Shoot to buy ones with +1 happiness/+1% income/+1% pop benefits.

What General, what XP? :ph34r:

Don't maintain tanks or cruise missiles when you are at war, they're cheaper just to buy when you need them than to maintain long term.

Why shouldn't I maintain them since they're cheaper, according to you. :mellow:

Just asking, how did you know these? :v:

• 3 weeks later...

What's the pricing for nukes?

500k base, increasing as you purchase more, modified by things such as resources. You'll need a calculator to work the precise cost out; most large alliances will probably have one you can access if you are a member, or you could throw one together yourself without too much difficulty.

Can someone give you their account if they are quitting the game and you were to delete your account?

No. Account transfer results in all involved accounts being banned.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 24 March 2021 said:

just tiny question to be sure:

does technology decrease infrastructure maintaining cost? right?

Technology lowers infrastructure upkeep costs up to a maximum 10% discount based on the following formula: (Technology Level * 2) / Nation Strength = Percent off infrastructure upkeep bill.

15 minutes ago, Galerion said:

Technology lowers infrastructure upkeep costs up to a maximum 10% discount based on the following formula: (Technology Level * 2) / Nation Strength = Percent off infrastructure upkeep bill.

Thank you man. 10% is low. But, it is great to know.

i.e.:

100tech * 2 / x = 10%

200 = 10x

x = 20

So, having 10% percent off, my nation strength should be 20? Am I wrong?

Now:

100*2 = 200 / 3200 = 0.0625%

What?

Edited by 24 March 2021

3 minutes ago, Galerion said:

When your starting out your best off keeping 100 tech on hand all the time, so if you sell 100 tech buy another 100 straight after but it's not worth having more than that until your around 3999-4999 infra and have a collection of wonders.

So, you said I should continue my tech deals until I have 3999 infra? Am I wrong? Actually I don't plan to increase my infra until I collect enough money from tech deal. Is it sense?

1 minute ago, 24 March 2021 said:

So, you said I should continue my tech deals until I have 3999 infra? Am I wrong? Actually I don't plan to increase my infra until I collect enough money from tech deal. Is it sense?

Yes at around that point you can switch to buying tech from others but you will need wonders before switching to buying, so you will probably need to stay at 3999 infra selling tech for a long time.

Just now, Galerion said:

Yes at around that point you can switch to buying tech from others but you will need wonders before switching to buying, so you will probably need to stay at 3999 infra selling tech for a long time.

Okay, okay. Last question. Which wonders I should start first?

My first decision is Stock Market, but somebody said manhattan project should be first.

Manhattan project is expensive for first wonder you would need to be very patient.

I think Federal Aid Commission (cheapest wonder) is best for first wonder but it depends on if you can get tech deals that use a 9mill rate instead of 6mill otherwise Stock Market is a good choice.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 6:08 AM, 24 March 2021 said:

Okay, okay. Last question. Which wonders I should start first?

My first decision is Stock Market, but somebody said manhattan project should be first.

My advice would be disaster relief agency because the earlier you have it more money you can make. DRA would give you an extra trade slot meaning more tech you can sell plus increases your population.
Then you can go for Federal Aid commission will be a good choice as you can convert your 6/100 deals into 9/100 or 9/150 (18/300) the latter of which enables you to sell more tech within a same period of time.
Basically get wonders that enable you to make more money out of your tech deals 1st then proceed to buy Stock Market. No need to rush to military wonders right now unless your alliance is a warring/raiding alliance. Get 3-4 economic wonder (atleast 3) then proceed to buy an MP.

Edited by Roal36

DRA may be a good choice, but only if you are sure you can fill all 6 slots, also it is quite expensive for a first wonder, which is why the stock Market may be a better choice for many new nations.

FAC is only worthwhile if you can get $9/100 rate or $18/300, or if your alliance will provide large amounts of aid for various things (IE Manhattan Project aid) that you want to accept in as few packages as possible. 6/100-->9/200 is actually a downgrade, 6/200-->9/200 would be worthwhile, 6/200-->9/300 would be an improvement, but honestly that is such a poor rate anyway it is hard to even care.

So yeah, go SM first in most instances I would say, DRA should be within the first handful, but probably not the first, possibly don't purchase the FAC at all depending on what rates you can get and what your motivation for selling is (either just for cash or to help strengthen an alliance/group of alliances/specific nations).

You probably shouldn't think about wonders for another 2,000 infra or so anyway, until then the best way to increase your income is just to keep growing in infra.

• 6 years later...