Aid Bug

Decomposition

I have a foreign ministry but only have four aid slots available to me. Never had this problem before i.e., have had five slots filled before. Not sure what to do.

EDIT: Problem went away when I deleted some of my older aid actions that were still showing. Still a bug (I guess) but at least the problem is now fixed.

Edited by Decomposition

Even if the aid actions are expired they still count, nothing buggy about that.

Expired aid transactions counting as filling empty aid slots is a bug. the very fact that they have been marked as expired means that they should not prevent you from using the aid slot that the expired transaction once occupied.

Expired aid transactions counting as filling empty aid slots is a bug. the very fact that they have been marked as expired means that they should not prevent you from using the aid slot that the expired transaction once occupied.

No. Expired and canceled just means their no longer active same as wars and trades. So long as they're filling a slot however, they're filling a slot. ;)

but the fact that they are no longer active means that they should not be filling the slot...also were this true then all a nation would need to do in a war situation to escape into peace mode is wait until all the wars expire...since they are "filling a slot" and have not been deleted yet this would mean no nation is able to declare upon them until that war is deleted...

Now that is clearly not the case in game for wars, so why should it be for aid

Furthermore if you cancel a pending trade agreement it no longer counts towards your trade slots but a record of it is still there...so again why should this be the case for aid?

Edited by Lord Emares

but the fact that they are no longer active means that they should not be filling the slot...also were this true then all a nation would need to do in a war situation to escape into peace mode is wait until all the wars expire...since they are "filling a slot" and have not been deleted yet this would mean no nation is able to declare upon them until that war is deleted...

Now that is clearly not the case in game for wars, so why should it be for aid

Furthermore if you cancel a pending trade agreement it no longer counts towards your trade slots but a record of it is still there...so again why should this be the case for aid?

You make a good point.

Since expired wars do not fill your war slots then neither should expired or canceled aid and trade slots.

If the filling of expired and canceled aid and trade slots are a feature to make the player pay more attention to his/her nation then expired war slots should be auto deleted to avoid confusion.

Could someone tell me exactly where you get the error and what the exact error says when this situation occurs? Is it on the inital aid offer screen, when you click submit on the aid offer screen, or when you are accepting an aid offer?

Could someone tell me exactly where you get the error and what the exact error says when this situation occurs? Is it on the inital aid offer screen, when you click submit on the aid offer screen, or when you are accepting an aid offer?

It is impossoble to send aid to or from a nation with slots filled, even if they are filled by expired aid. Expired transactions continue to fill slots until they are deleted. You receive an "error message" exactly as if you had already used all your slots and tried to send more, or tried to send to someone with slots already filled. That is what is being addressed.

Edited by Delta1212

The bug happens on the day aid expires. If the expired aid is still showing noone is able to aid you, and you are unable to aid anyone, until one of two things happens:

1. You delete the expired aid transaction

2. You do nothing until the day after the aid transaction has expired at which time the aid transaction ceases to count towards one of your aid slots (this would mean that you need to wait 11 days from accepting an aid transaction until the slot is freed up instead of the 10 it should be)

Edited by Lord Emares

You cannot offer any new aid agreements because you have already offered or are involved in in 5 other foreign aid agreements within the past 10 days. This includes foreign aid offers that you have received as well as foreign aid offers that you have sent.

I encountered this error today also, on the first day that my 5th aid slot should have opened. As is pointed out, deleting the expired aid resolves the problem. I would respectfully like to bring the typo in bold to your attention.

A nation that owed me tech was unable to aid me. This message showed up when I clicked "aid" on his nation just to see what would happen.

Edited by bzelger

I think we can put this under the

"Take 5 seconds to sort it yourself category"

This is like praying to god when you have an itch.

No wonder the suggestion forum is full of the same requests, admin's time is taken up with people complaining about pointless things like spelling mistakes and having to delete aid slots yourself.

I am not concerned about about having to delete my own aid expired aid transactions nor the typo. I was merely trying to oblige this request and pointed out the typo as a matter of course. I'm sorry that this is so offensive to you.

The bug happens on the day aid expires. If the expired aid is still showing noone is able to aid you, and you are unable to aid anyone, until one of two things happens:

1. You delete the expired aid transaction

2. You do nothing until the day after the aid transaction has expired at which time the aid transaction ceases to count towards one of your aid slots (this would mean that you need to wait 11 days from accepting an aid transaction until the slot is freed up instead of the 10 it should be)

no... once it expires it still holds a spot, so you delete it and on the same day you can use it again