Flag Creation

Cirrus

Get your alliance sanctioned for 10 days :D

I was meaning as my national flag, not an alliance flag, unless that is the only way to get a custom flag?

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

first you must change your AA to a desired name

then go to this site, find a charter you like, and put your name in there and change a few words

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Alliances

then you go to http://invisionfree.com/ and make a forum for your alliance

then announce it on the alliance announcements section

then you try to recruit people, and the few people who join you will have no idea what to do with. im excluding the chance you will get a bigger alliance to help you since there is no chance they will if you dont know how to make an alliance. then quit cybernations in three weeks and tell them how bad it is.

i kinda broke the simplicity rules on this one, but i felt that the letters made a good texture for an otherwise... solid... flag background. let me know what you think! (btw this flag is currently used by the alliance Asgaard)

flagdarker.jpg

wavy1.jpg

What about my one?

800px-MarjasianIslandsFlag.svg.png

I made it wavey here http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ma...andsNewFlag.png

My wiki page, including a story on how the flag became to be :)http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Marjasian_Islands

The three concentric borders are entirely superfluous, and do little more than introduce odd colours. Eliminate the borders and you have a decent flag.

terra-2.jpg

ya i made this flag awhile ago to replace my old one (somewhere in this thread aswell), and i fell like showing it off cause im so damned proud of this :awesome:

Looks very good. The colours complement each other and the sole symbol is easily recognizable.

i kinda broke the simplicity rules on this one, but i felt that the letters made a good texture for an otherwise... solid... flag background. let me know what you think! (btw this flag is currently used by the alliance Asgaard)

flagdarker.jpg

wavy1.jpg

A solid background would be preferable, I think, particularly since the runes wouldn't even be distinguishable at a distance, and they're not easily duplicated. Other than that, it's a beautiful flag (though I may be biased in favour of the particular colour combination you chose). ;)

they EUN is deisbanded but nice suggestion,

anyway there is my new flag i am suggesting 4 my new alliance the UUA,

unitedunionverylarge.png

The two shades of blue are not differentiated enough. The laurel doesn't contrast well with the background, and it looks like the shade of brown is inconsistent. I could not tell that the shapes overlaying the globe were U's at first, and they generally obscure it. Try dispensing with the lettering, making the globe simpler, and using more consistent, complementary colours.

I'm not sure if this flag for Banana Republic is simple enough. I like the general layout but I'm thinking of changing it.

Suggestions?

BananaFlag.jpg

Eliminate the gradient in the tree trunks (gradients violate rule #3) and it should be fine, though I wonder why you opted to duplicate the tree symbol.

Eliminate the gradient in the tree trunks (gradients violate rule #3) and it should be fine, though I wonder why you opted to duplicate the tree symbol.

Fair call. It was more of a symmetry thing than anything else, although I should reverse the one on the right.

Good design for flags is a matter of combining the basic shapes, proportions and design elements into a pleasing, usually simple, striking pattern that contains the necessary symbolism. Each design element -- shape, colors, emblem -- can have any of a number of symbolic interpretations, many of which are purely of a personal type. Although there are "standard" symbolic meanings, many other "non-standard" symbolisms are possible.