Flag Creation

Cirrus

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid those stars are very hard to make out. The knife could be simplified rather than looking like a pencil drawing. Perhaps a white dagger outline on a brown background without a white stripe at all?

Hmm, well, that sounds like a good idea, but when making a flag, i'm stuck with bad MS paint skills. :awesome:

funflagtn7.jpg

Opinion?

It's a good banner, but too similar shades for a flag. Also looks a bit to photoshopped. And I stand by what I said earlier about thinking a 5 year old should be able to draw their own national flag.

Zhandra, looks good, although I don't know many 5 year olds who can draw a grenade :D

I think some of the finest flags ever designed couldn't be drawn by 5 year olds. Like these ones for example:

tm%20flag.jpg

saudi-arabia-flag.jpg

I don't think it matters. If they don't understand the symbolism anyway. The NPO flag may be easy to draw, but how many kids would understand the principles of Francoism that the star represents for instance?

OOC: I got a massive warn increase for my last post... geez...

referring to OOC stuff or something :popcorn:

On the contrary, Zharanda, I would be surprised if a 5-year-old from whatever country that is [OOC: Saudi Arabia] couldn't draw that flag, if they could write. There's only letters and a sword.

CSN is pretty good. Get rid of the photoshop effects on the globe, though.

Grand Emperor Brian's is very interesting. The orange on brown is stark enough. The symbols inside the diamonds are maybe too complex, but it's ok because the diamonds are distinctive enough to be easily identifiable. A five year old would draw the diamonds and squiqqle inside each one, but you'd still know what flag s/he was drawing. It's not exactly textbook, but I think it's very effective and very attractive. The only thing I don't like is the two dark arrowheads/leaves above and below the main orange ones. They're both unnecessary and hard to distinguish. I'd ditch them and just go w/ the simple two tones of orange and brown. But all in all, this is an example of a flag that deviates a little, but does so successfully.

Edited by Cirrus

OOC: You might also want to use Liberia's national flag as a bad flag. Sometimes, having a flag too simple is bad.

OOC: Don't disrespect Liberia, it is a great country with and American Past. It was a country for freed slaves.

(P.S. I'm Liberian so shut up)

Edited by Keanu Stryker

OOC: Don't disrespect Liberia, it is a great country with and American Past. It was a country for freed slaves.

(P.S. I'm Liberian so shut up)

Relax man. We are not criticizing Liberia. We are not criticizing any nations for that matter. We are criticizing the design of flags.

tell me how these look

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff190/x...x/AUflag1-1.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff190/x...exx/AUflag3.jpg

the A and the U is the abbreviations of Auric armada

dark red is associated with vigor, willpower, rage, anger, leadership, courage, longing, malice, and wrath. w/e u chose for it and the

Gold evokes the feeling of prestige. The meaning of gold is illumination, wisdom, and wealth. Gold often symbolizes high quality. again w/e u like better

the lion is for Courage Power Royalty Dignity Authority Dominion Justice Wisdom Ferocity again just w/e u want it to be

i feel these all represent what the AU is about so just tell me is it a good flag or a bad one