Official Ordo Mechanicus Announcement

Ordo Mechanicus hereby recognizes defeat against Aevum. We apologize for the hostilities originating from our alliance against theirs, as well as any false statements or accussations made against them. OM would like to distance themselves from any of their nations who refused to fight back in this war or assist their fellow alliance members.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't mean to come across as a hater but if you can't adequately defend yourself from two nations then you really have no business existing as an alliance of your own. I'd suggest either seriously consider improving your alliance so you can defend yourselves from even the smallest of threats or do your membership a favor and disband/merge. Either way, best of luck. :)

2 hours ago, Marcvs said:

Ordo Mechanicus hereby recognizes defeat against Aevum. We apologize for the hostilities originating from our alliance against theirs, as well as any false statements or accussations made against them. OM would like to distance themselves from any of their nations who refused to fight back in this war or assist their fellow alliance members.

Wow.

Had we not been engaged elsewhere we would have helped you out here.

Even Hitchy offered you assistance and he only does that when he's in a good mood.

Guess it's your call.

Best of luck all the same.

o/ OM

#ohnoitsmethrage

41 minutes ago, berbers said:

Wait, OM had a protector that let Methrage beat them up?

Ouch

That's harsh, who is there protector?

Also, I agree with the above. Granted I've never ran my own alliance, you have to know ahead of time you're going to need to adequately provide protection and order within your alliance or things like this will just repeat themselves. Especially since you've now shown the world you gave in to 2 nations because you lacked an SDI. That isn't going to present itself a good deterrent from future raiders.

3 hours ago, Marcvs said:

When members of your alliance do not even defend themselves, it is useless to continue. 

There's a special place for you guys, you're not alone. You can mix with like minded individuals, share stories and stuff. Sign up here.

Edited by Emperor Khan

5 hours ago, Galerion said:

So this means Aevum defeated CotM as protectorates are essentially extensions of their protector.

A Protectorate is not an extension of their protector anymore than a child is an extension of a parent or a pet is an extension of it's owner.  What this means is for whatever reason (ask them) CotM did not get involved.  I'm sure if Ordo Mechanic is concerned they will be looking for a different protector.  If they are not concerned (maybe they wanted to deal with it on their own) that's their choice too.

1 minute ago, White Chocolate said:

A Protectorate is not an extension of their protector anymore than a child is an extension of a parent or a pet is an extension of it's owner.  What this means is for whatever reason (ask them) CotM did not get involved.  I'm sure if Ordo Mechanic is concerned they will be looking for a different protector.  If they are not concerned (maybe they wanted to deal with it on their own) that's their choice too.

CotM butchered this. They shoulda just upgraded OMs treaty to an ODP so that they wouldn't have to defend them. Noobs.

13 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

CotM butchered this. They shoulda just upgraded OMs treaty to an ODP so that they wouldn't have to defend them. Noobs.

Well, much of CotM were previously neutral for a long time.   Perhaps they ARE new to the finer points of treaty manipulation.   I am sure they will take your advice into consideration the next time :P

Edited by White Chocolate

The $%&@ is wrong with you guys? If you can't even fight off Noctis by his lonesome, I imagine you couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag. This is hardly what I would call an alliance. 

31 minutes ago, Fox Fire said:

The $%&@ is wrong with you guys? If you can't even fight off Noctis by his lonesome, I imagine you couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag. This is hardly what I would call an alliance. 

Did you ever think they just didn't really care about the surrendering aspect to just put the situation behind them, the better option for everyone.

2 minutes ago, Mogar said:

Did you ever think they just didn't really care about the surrendering aspect to just put the situation behind them, the better option for everyone.

Yeah sure. I think they call that cowardice or something. 

42 minutes ago, Fox Fire said:

I know the war system better than most, so they could see my advantage was growing as the war continued. Also Grammaton is no push over either, so it made sense for them to simply admit defeat instead of finishing the round like we had originally planned when they saw my lead would only grow as the round continued.

I wish them luck in bettering themselves in the future, hopefully they learned a thing or two from our fight. I think many of you are a little hard on them. They were overconfident early on, but later realized the war wasn't going how they imagined it would and wanted to put this whole thing behind us. Better they learn from where they went wrong in this war and preserve some of their strength, then they can try to better prepare themselves for any future wars.

Edited by Noctis Lucis Caelum

56 minutes ago, Noctis Lucis Caelum said:

I know the war system better than most, so they could see my advantage was growing as the war continued. Also Grammaton is no push over either, so it made sense for them to simply admit defeat instead of finishing the round like we had originally planned when they saw my lead would only grow as the round continued.

I wish them luck in bettering themselves in the future, hopefully they learned a thing or two from our fight. I think many of you are a little hard on them. They were overconfident early on, but later realized the war wasn't going how they imagined it would and wanted to put this whole thing behind us. Better they learn from where they went wrong in this war and preserve some of their strength, then they can try to better prepare themselves for any future wars.

I gotta hand it to ya methrage, you ripped right through Kashmir, and now OM. 

(Side note: I think OM put up a better fight)

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

I did not want the intervention of CotM and the help of other players who wrote to me on Discord. Maybe I had to accept but it was not honorable for me, to ask or receive for help.

As far as OM is concerned, we are an alliance with less than 100 days of life and our nations are all newbie. We have a long way to go, I think our yield is not a drama

Edited by Marcvs

8 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

A protectorate treaty unlike most other treaties can have one alliance concede a amount of sovereignty to another, if sovereignty is indeed being conceded then they are a extension. The question is if sovereignty is not being conceded then what is the point for the protector to agree to such a treaty, I would say they should be using a different treaty type if sovereignty is not being conceded.

As for your example a child or pet is a extensions of the family with the parent or owner ultimately responsible for the child or pet, when applied to this instance; CotM is responsible for OM and therefore OM's defeat is also CotM's defeat.

Edited by Galerion