Official Announcement: The Maegor Doctrine

Related image

The Maegor Doctrine

It is today affirmed, across these lands, that the independence and sovereignty of The Freehold of Valyria, in accordance with her charter, stands in her own right as a free people.

With that sovereignty, Valyrians bestow trust and authority to the Diadoch for the responsibility of governance of these lands and to carry her voice beyond her own borders.  This is done in the presence and advice of Valyria’s loyal Dragonlords.

This independence and sovereignty extends into all aspects of Valyrian culture and life - including the commercial and economic independence of Valyrian Markets to trade with whomever its people can find wealth and prosperity.  This independence has been granted by the Valyrian people by charter and will not be surrendered to any foreign power.

The Valyrian people choose for themselves the path they walk.

Valyria today remains independent and of the White Sphere, committed to the ideals of peace and prosperity.  Valyrian ships sail to all realms, bringing with them the ideals of a land forged in blood and fire.

The Tenets of The Maegor Doctrine:

I. The Freehold is a proud, neutral, White power, which is dedicated to the principles of free commerce throughout the Sphere.

II. The Freehold holds the sovereign right to conduct regular and normal commerce with established partners, whether as a neutral power or otherwise.

III. An assault on our right to conduct free commerce is a direct assault on The Freehold.

IV. The Freehold maintains the inherent, sovereign right to defend its interests and the interests of the White Sphere in the manner it finds best.

Signed, this day, June 24, 2017,

Maegor of the House Targaryen, Diadoch of The Freehold

Edited by Maegor

COBRA admires The Freehold's benevolence and their determination to continue sending us money:

To: General Kanabis    From: Lucius Optimus    Date: 6/24/2017 5:31:50 AM

Subject: Battle Report

You lost 1,050 soldiers and 60 tanks. You killed 970 soldiers and 193 tanks. Their forces razed 0.000 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.000 infrastructure. Their forces looted $0.00 from you and you gained $1,000,724.50 in your enemy's abandoned equipment.

In the end the battle was a Victory. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

:rolleyes:
Edited by General Kanabis

39 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

I love doctrines. Good going Freehold 

Hey Kanabis. At leased I'm not like your partner sir Kindle and keep attacking only to get punked twice

2 mil for me

At leased :P

Edited by General Kanabis

42 minutes ago, SirWilliam said:

Given you hold defensive treaties I'm sure your allies would be thrilled to know they're one-sided.  ;)

I read that as to mean they are neutral in their dedication towards free commerce on the White Team. So if an alliance not on white tells them to sanction someone or cut off aid to any of their partners on the sphere; they reserve the right to continue conducting their business as usual and defend their ability to do so if forced into picking a side in a war over it.

In the second part they clearly say "whether as a neutral power or otherwise", meaning they aren't making any claims to always act with neutrality.

7 hours ago, General Kanabis said:

COBRA admires The Freehold's benevolence and their determination to continue sending us money:

To: General Kanabis    From: Lucius Optimus    Date: 6/24/2017 5:31:50 AM

Subject: Battle Report

You lost 1,050 soldiers and 60 tanks. You killed 970 soldiers and 193 tanks. Their forces razed 0.000 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.000 infrastructure. Their forces looted $0.00 from you and you gained $1,000,724.50 in your enemy's abandoned equipment.

In the end the battle was a Victory. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

:rolleyes:

You're welcome, go buy yourself something pretty.

The (real) Maegor Doctrine

I. Dismantle three alliances and promise a new alliance very committed to the military and political front of Digiterra.

II. Listen to everyone but take them for the ass but decide for yourself.

III. Wait for a nation of triumvirate sits on inactivity to ban another member of the triumvirate, without inducing any vote.

o/ Freehold

o/ Maegor

15 hours ago, Noctis Lucis Caelum said:

I read that as to mean they are neutral in their dedication towards free commerce on the White Team. So if an alliance not on white tells them to sanction someone or cut off aid to any of their partners on the sphere; they reserve the right to continue conducting their business as usual and defend their ability to do so if forced into picking a side in a war over it.

In the second part they clearly say "whether as a neutral power or otherwise", meaning they aren't making any claims to always act with neutrality.

Such an interpretation wasn't lost on me but as a fellow non-member and non-signatory of the doctrine in question I'm inclined to take things at face value.

I think if you are going to establish a doctrine there needs to be better clarity when terms like neutrality are used. I havent been following white team drama (just glad it's no longer on brown), so I can see why people are confused about this, and aid shipments to nations at war only exacerbates that confusion.

Anyway, best wishes to Freehold and hope everything works out.

Edited by Immortan Junka

23 hours ago, Noctis Lucis Caelum said:

Does this mean you take an anti-Sanction stance in general for the White Sphere?

The Freehold has no official comment at this time.

21 hours ago, Lucius Optimus said:

I love doctrines. Good going Freehold 

o/

17 hours ago, Noctis Lucis Caelum said:

This is the best interpretation yet.

7 hours ago, MaineGOP said:

o/ free trade!

o/

6 hours ago, Marcvs said:

I. Dismantle three alliances and promise a new alliance very committed to the military and political front of Digiterra.

III. Wait for a nation of triumvirate sits on inactivity to ban another member of the triumvirate, without inducing any vote.

o/ Freehold

o/ Maegor

*yawn* 

You've been spoon-fed lies, good Necromancer.

3 hours ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

A declaration of neutrality is a concern.

The Freehold has been, and always will be, dedicated to her treaty partners.

3 hours ago, Gh0s7 said:

Glad to see this you guys. Keep on keeping on.

o7 Freehold

o/ Thank you, my friend.

1 hour ago, Immortan Junka said:

I think if you are going to establish a doctrine there needs to be better clarity when terms like neutrality are used. I havent been following white team drama (just glad it's no longer on brown), so I can see why people are confused about this, and aid shipments to nations at war only exacerbates that confusion.

Anyway, best wishes to Freehold and hope everything works out.

I refer to Noctis' interpretation, but I understand the confusion, also.  Thank you for the well-wishes. :)  o/

Edited by Maegor

6 hours ago, Marcvs said:

o/ Freehold

o/ Maegor

It sounds as they you don't like how it turnedbout, and for that I'm sorry. But the fact is, no one cares. The Freehold is doing pretty well with what they're doing, and they're only going to keep on improving.

I'd suggest moving on from the grudge, but it's on yiu.

2 minutes ago, Rebel Virginia said:

Free trade is what makes it possible for a third world bunghole like SNX to take away the jobs of the hardworking tech producers of the white team. I'm not going to stand for that. Make White Great Again!

LOL I might be able to give up my libertarian principles to mess with Junka :P