WAPA announcement

1 hour ago, Canik said:

Anyway with the new information I have a more white peace does seem in order. Hopefully that can be worked out in the not too distant future.

This gets my support as well. It has been a fun little hunt but honestly, I don't see any reasons for keeping nuking more WAPA nations after what I read here. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Canik said:

Well this has been a fun little thread. It seems if FTW had not attacked it would've never been posted so you're all welcome for that. :P

About the reparations. It seems I should have done more investigating of the situation before taking the actions I did. At the time I thought the last raid by Alonso was longer ago and less serious. That coupled with WAPA's lack of diplomatic effort made the reparations seem more reasonable in my eyes. Certainly WAPA didn't seem exactly on 'the defensive' when there was no records of attacks by PoSSE against WAPA on the war screens. And while it is an alliance's own responsiblity to investigate before taking action WAPA could have made it much easier by posting a DoW detailing their CB. Just sayin'.

Anyway with the new information I have a more white peace does seem in order. Hopefully that can be worked out in the not too distant future.

Hey now I know you from FEAR.  Long time no see.  I wondered what happened to those guys, merge it seems.  And it seems you remain a small bastion of wisdom in this dying world.  I am going to come pay you Wolves a visit.  The friendly kind not the blowing stuff up kind. 

45 minutes ago, The Big Bad said:

Hey now I know you from FEAR.  Long time no see.  I wondered what happened to those guys, merge it seems.  And it seems you remain a small bastion of wisdom in this dying world.  I am going to come pay you Wolves a visit.  The friendly kind not the blowing stuff up kind. 

Well, maybe not too wise obviously but that helps to keep things interesting. As my nation bio says I have "Just the right amount of stupid". But thanks for the compliment. :)

And yeah we merged with Wolfpack a few months before Doom War. We're tough to visit though as we mostly just use in-game methods of communication currently. Most of the ex-FEAR people you might've known have gone now anyway. Pretty much just me, Turetel & ClashCityRocker still around as far as ex-leaders from back then go.

Edited by Canik

19 hours ago, Idiotman said:

Most alliances are incredibly inactive, I was able to raid with large success in the lower tier against aligned nations; Knights of Ni, MI6, The Chaos Brotherhood, Shangri La, United Equestria, LoSS, InterComradary Pact, United Purple Nations, RnR, The Imperial Remnant, Menotah, Argent, Armpit Platoon and others, none of these resulted in much of a fight or any response from other members of their alliances. All of this was with only a small number of wonders and limited activity. Additionally I myself was attacked unprovoked whilst on the Praetorian Guard AA (Protected by Non Grata) and do not believe I would have been able to get any assistance to deal with my attacker.

The only exception to this was Guru Order, I attacked one of their members, who fought back and moved to Fark. A government member of Fark then proceeded to message me are request I cease attacks.

My point with this short tale is that it is entirely possible to exploit inept and inactive alliances to raid successfully if a player is careful. Mr. Quixano's problem, as stated by several above, was that he was impatient and repeatedly attacked an alliance which was active enough to be a threat.

Of note, you went rogue and kicked everyone off the Praetorian Guard AA.

The longer you delay arranging a white peace in a war you clearly are the aggressors in and have committed unjust actions to provoke, the less appetite there is going to be for peace at all.

22 hours ago, Canik said:

Well, maybe not too wise obviously but that helps to keep things interesting. As my nation bio says I have "Just the right amount of stupid". But thanks for the compliment. :)

And yeah we merged with Wolfpack a few months before Doom War. We're tough to visit though as we mostly just use in-game methods of communication currently. Most of the ex-FEAR people you might've known have gone now anyway. Pretty much just me, Turetel & ClashCityRocker still around as far as ex-leaders from back then go.

Your old DMoD from FEAR days is still here yours truly...o7

3 hours ago, Lucius Optimus said:

I support peace on white team so we can all work on making our team great again. 

I trust that WAPA and our pals in FTW can work this out.

That'd be great if WAPA started working with other white team alliances for mutual prosperity. Doubt they will though. They'll probably just go back to doing nothing.

3 hours ago, Auctor said:

The longer you delay arranging a white peace in a war you clearly are the aggressors in and have committed unjust actions to provoke, the less appetite there is going to be for peace at all.

It's barely been over 24 hours but I think we will have peace soon. Unless WAPA rejects it, of course.

52 minutes ago, Stonewall14 said:

Your old DMoD from FEAR days is still here yours truly...o7

True and it's almost like you never left since you still spread 'fear' to this day. :)

6 minutes ago, Auctor said:

It's been three days and your mistakes have been more than evident throughout that time period.

It may be three days ago that FTW attacked but it was only yesterday that I read this thread and posted that white peace seemed in order. Don't worry WAPA will be able to return to it's existence of simply existing very soon if you'll just keep your pants on.

FTW calling others out for merely existing and providing little to no content is rich. However, if this is a truly principled stance, this dithering at the finish line when it's absolutely clear what should have been done as soon as you became aware of this would not be necessary.

Furthermore, you were made aware of the facts of this case before this thread even started and chose to involve yourself anyway. I'm very skeptical of your pretense here.

55 minutes ago, Canik said:

Don't worry WAPA will be able to return to it's existence of simply existing very soon if you'll just keep your pants on.

You hit the nail on the head there "WAPA existing" as long as you and others like you remember that as long as this daft game exists so will WAPA . 

Think on.

2 hours ago, Auctor said:

FTW calling others out for merely existing and providing little to no content is rich. However, if this is a truly principled stance, this dithering at the finish line when it's absolutely clear what should have been done as soon as you became aware of this would not be necessary.

Furthermore, you were made aware of the facts of this case before this thread even started and chose to involve yourself anyway. I'm very skeptical of your pretense here.

Actually FTW is in the position to call out quite a few alliances. True we may not post much in the way of comics or essays but - We've had one of the best economies for the past half year. We still explore and sign treaties. I post here and there and sometimes other FTW members do too. We've reached out to a few micros and either protected or merged with them. Compared to many we've been much more active in trying to accomplish things. Meanwhile almost half of WAPA are lacking trades, only Bunnet has been utilizing his aid slots and I'm fairly certain they haven't been involved in any wars or negotations in a very, very long time (until now). 

Anyway I believe we will have peace very soon. Probably within the next 24 hours.

1 hour ago, LYDIASLAND said:

You hit the nail on the head there "WAPA existing" as long as you and others like you remember that as long as this daft game exists so will WAPA . 

Think on

Okay? I don't want to end WAPA's existence. Quite the opposite, I'd like to see you exist more.

Edited by Canik

2 hours ago, Canik said:

It's barely been over 24 hours but I think we will have peace soon. Unless WAPA rejects it, of course.

This. Since not everyone is on the same schedule, expecting immediate results from these talks is unrealistic when they're occurring over private messages. However I expect there will be peace soon.

i already mentioned yesterday i would work on it in this thread and that's what I've been doing, so I don't see a need to keep repeating the same line.

24 minutes ago, Canik said:

Actually FTW is in the position to call out quite a few alliances. True we may not post much in the way of comics or essays but - We've had one of the best economies for the past half year. We still explore and sign treaties. I post here and there and sometimes other FTW members do too. We've reached out to a few micros and either protected or merged with them. Compared to many we've been much more active in trying to accomplish things. Meanwhile almost half of WAPA are lacking trades, only Bunnet has been utilizing his aid slots and I'm fairly certain they haven't been involved in any wars or negotations in a very, very long time (until now). 

You've systematically dodged any war that could have possibly resulted in taking real damage and the closest you've come to boldness was buoyed by a perception that you could get way with it without being called on it. There are a not insigificant number of  singular nations that have fought more wars than yall have as an alliance in the last two years. This is an entirely fair criticism for someone that has truly done something to make. This is a laughable criticism when leveled by you.

You know their is a time to attack and a time to back off.  Now is the time to back off.  Else you risk the support that was gained being turned on you.  Think about what is best for WAPA.  

4 hours ago, Noctis Lucis Caelum said:

This. Since not everyone is on the same schedule, expecting immediate results from these talks is unrealistic when they're occurring over private messages. However I expect there will be peace soon.

i already mentioned yesterday i would work on it in this thread and that's what I've been doing, so I don't see a need to keep repeating the same line.

Noctis I have replied in game regarding peace  

6 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

You know their is a time to attack and a time to back off.  Now is the time to back off.  Else you risk the support that was gained being turned on you.  Think about what is best for WAPA.  

On reflection its a fair point Auctor oldy buddy but I guess time to move on....and start doing very little again

Edited by SaintScott

Canik your obvious disdain towards WAPA is neither here nor there, if you had reached out to us  and we had rebuked or ignored any talks I could understand it, but as it stands there has been as much effort on your part as there has been on ours. 

Will WAPA go back to doing very little, quite possibly as is our right, you don't get to decide how anyone else gets to play and we have endured a very long time playing our way. Which by doing very little also includes not raiding nations on the white team that appear weak or vulnerable, we've also at no point attempted to extort any alliances that appear to be weak or vulnerable. 

I look forward to going our business in any manner manner we see fit and to be left in peace to do so. 

Regards

Edited by The Chief

You've systematically dodged any war that could have possibly resulted in taking real damage and the closest you've come to boldness was buoyed by a perception that you could get way with it without being called on it. There are a not insigificant number of  singular nations that have fought more wars than yall have as an alliance in the last two years. This is an entirely fair criticism for someone that has truly done something to make. This is a laughable criticism when leveled by you.

I've been more willing to risk serious damage than you think, Auctor.

7 minutes ago, The Chief said:

Canik your obvious disdain towards WAPA is neither here nor there, if you had reached out to us  and we had rebuked or ignored any talks I could understand it, but as it stands there has been as much effort on your part as there has been on ours. 

Will WAPA go back to doing very little, quite possibly as is our right, you don't get to decide how anyone else gets to play and we have endured a very long time playing our way. Which by doing very little also includes not raiding nations on the white team that appear weak or vulnerable, we've also at no point attempted to extort any alliances that appear to be weak or vulnerable. 

I look forward to going our business in any manner manner we see fit and to be left in peace to do so. 

Regards

We have reached out you in the past and been rebuked or ignored so you can go ahead and understand the disdain. I heard you recently ignored another white team alliance trying to reach out to you as well. But maybe I'll try a more diplomatic approach again after we've peaced. 

And yes it is your right so do very little but it's equally my right to dislike it.

32 minutes ago, Canik said:

I've been more willing to risk serious damage than you think, Auctor.

We have reached out you in the past and been rebuked or ignored so you can go ahead and understand the disdain. I heard you recently ignored another white team alliance trying to reach out to you as well. But maybe I'll try a more diplomatic approach again after we've peaced. 

And yes it is your right so do very little but it's equally my right to dislike it.

I wouldn't say wapa are doing very little. Maybe in your eyes yes but in theirs I'm sure they are doing more then little. Each alliance has its own style of play and you are not someone that can dictate that. None of us are. If they choose to not talk to white team alliances so be it, that is their style of play to stick to their group. However I can tell you they do venture out and they are more active then you believe. Hell up until the point of Atlas merging I was in pretty regular contact with them. 

But I guess it's just spinning around and around until someone turns off the lights.

1 hour ago, Alexio15 said:

I wouldn't say wapa are doing very little. Maybe in your eyes yes but in theirs I'm sure they are doing more then little. Each alliance has its own style of play and you are not someone that can dictate that. None of us are. If they choose to not talk to white team alliances so be it, that is their style of play to stick to their group. However I can tell you they do venture out and they are more active then you believe. Hell up until the point of Atlas merging I was in pretty regular contact with them. 

But I guess it's just spinning around and around until someone turns off the lights.

You heard it first here folks,  Alexio has the inside scoop!   WAPA has been doing more than "very little" more to follow.