Order Squared

21 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

This is an embarrassment whatever way you cut it.  Harkens back to the GGA days, when you showed us why they didn't need WRC.  Or whatever that gaffe was back in the day, I forget exactly.  But it was hilarious then and it is hilarious now.

Nobody disputes that we are on the losing side.  Nobody disputes that the treaties authorize you to enter.  Nobody disputes that TTK is now going to get leveled.

But you are absolutely desperate to pretend that the front was going well before you stepped in.  You are desperate to pretend that TTK hasn't demonstrated their competency.  You are desperate to pretend that your bloc hasn't been embarrassed by this recent string of events.  And it is very amusing to watch you struggle to feed your bulls*** to the masses.

Peace was near until Pacifica decided they had to rectify an image problem, but the damage has already been done and cannot be reversed.

Cool story. You're desperate to pretend that they haven't been far more useful to their allies than your Alliance over the stretch of ~10 yrs, so there's that.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

Cool story. You're desperate to pretend that they haven't been far more useful to their allies than your Alliance over the stretch of ~10 yrs, so there's that.

Yeah, I can't think of a single time RIA went out on a limb for an ally. Take a minute and actually think about what you are saying before you hit that Submit Reply button.

Neither does calling in half the planet's NS because you're salty your alliance is too inactive to even vote for your senators, but you seem to think that makes NG accomplished somehow.

Edited by Mogar

29 minutes ago, Mogar said:

Neither does calling in half the planet's NS because you're salty your alliance is too inactive to even vote for your senators, but you seem to think that makes NG accomplished somehow.

To properly respond now; you should know better than most people that I'm not much for Politics, Mogar. So, the whole OWF trash-talk aside, I personally have no opinion and rather little information beyond what has been posted regarding your disagreements.

You want my opinion? There would've been a war about something. 

You've also been around long enough to know that the General of Pacifica is a Dept Head position, and I wouldn't be privy to most FA !@#$, as well as backchannel conversation-- I have no desire to know any of this stuff. I dealt with it for four years, all it ever did was give me a massive headache, so yeah.

If you listen to the FA "greats" from my day (there were far better before I arrived, alas), you're both pretty guilty for the War because you didn't work hard enough to solve it diplomatically, but I really don't care how it came about. To prevent stupidity like that, when I was running Sparta, I did my best to talk with other Black Team AA's and get their input on controversial proposals and decide the best response for the collective team based on elected senators.

I never really had a problem with anyone from that approach, and Black was quite a diverse group politically at that period. From the grapevine, I've heard the communication on that team isn't any better than Maroon's communication was, but I really wouldn't know in either case beyond rumors. 

I was given an order to roll your Allies, so I'm rolling your allies. [OOC]It's rarely ever been personal with me, it's just business. This case especially[/OOC] That's all there is to it as far as I'm concerned. If you, TTK, or anyone really want to debate Politics, I suggest one of the Imperials. Or maybe someone from the former Diplo Dept. That isn't my area. If I wanted that to have been my area, I would've signed up for FA. Instead I joined Econ and then got invited to MilCom, which I now run under the IO's.

I mean, I explicitly messaged those in government in NoR/NG/TLR when they canceled OBHFA, it was NG and NoR's senators who voted FOR the senate proposal that we're getting rolled for supposedly supporting. Additionally I have sat in a channel on NG's server for the past month discussing peace terms and once we finalized the wording and everyone seemed content with it, NG's gov went MIA, Caustic got put in charge, and then mysteriously yall get called in, weird.

2 minutes ago, Mogar said:

I mean, I explicitly messaged those in government in NoR/NG/TLR when they canceled OBHFA, it was NG and NoR's senators who voted FOR the senate proposal that we're getting rolled for supposedly supporting. Additionally I have sat in a channel on NG's server for the past month discussing peace terms and once we finalized the wording and everyone seemed content with it, NG's gov went MIA, Caustic got put in charge, and then mysteriously yall get called in, weird.

-Shrugs.- I really don't know what to tell you?

I rarely ever talk to NG, and usually when I do, it consists of trolling one another for laughs, so I wouldn't know what their motivations are.

21 hours ago, wiccan high priest said:

I will ask one question of Deathadder and one question only,  how many times has NG plotted and attacked TTK only to have to call in allies every single time to bail them out of the fight?

As for a personnel note, we have talked many times in the past (be it long ago).  your manner in which you talk and what you say is way below what is expected from a NPO milcom commander, and Ivan and Moo would not have allowed that from any of its members, I know that personally. You need to try to keep it respectful and to a standard for the office you hold.

I think the real question is why TTK hasn't done anything different than simply to be a rolling target.

Also I like the indignation from HOT and others, maybe it'll prolong the war. I'm up to 94 in casualties, let's keep this train on the tracks.

6 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

You want my opinion? There would've been a war about something. 

...you're both pretty guilty for the War because you didn't work hard enough to solve it diplomatically...

As to the first, yeah probably. NG have always had a thing for us. Three times now they have engineered a war with us, three times we have done more damage than we took (overall the 'conflict won' score is currently at one-all, due to our front often being a smaller part in wider conflicts). 

As to the second, well the first we knew there was a problem was when they cancelled OBHF. They have yet to actually inform us what any of the alledged grievences actually were. The topic on it in here, if you can be bothered to read it (I wouldn't blame you if you can't be bothered :) ) contains lots of detail about the diplomatic efforts on our side. I refer you back to the first point... they wanted a war because they wanted a war, not because we didn't talk to them enough 

13 minutes ago, Mandystalin said:

As to the second, well the first we knew there was a problem was when they cancelled OBHF. They have yet to actually inform us what any of the alledged grievences actually were. The topic on it in here, if you can be bothered to read it (I wouldn't blame you if you can't be bothered :) ) contains lots of detail about the diplomatic efforts on our side. I refer you back to the first point... they wanted a war because they wanted a war, not because we didn't talk to them enough 

I think I did reply to it a few times. I assumed there was more talking on both sides that the OWF didn't see.

11 hours ago, Liltrekkie said:

Says the guy who's been doing that for three pages now. 

You don't get a seat at the grown ups table just because Pacifica got a little red at NG's embarrassing war performance. 

run along now, grown ups are talking here, go back to the little kids table where you belong. 

hey remember when you almost started a war because you made fun of a guy's mom that had cancer and refused to apologize

guess that's how adults function huh

Edited by Neo Uruk

9 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

This is an embarrassment whatever way you cut it.  Harkens back to the GGA days, when you showed us why they didn't need WRC.  Or whatever that gaffe was back in the day, I forget exactly.  But it was hilarious then and it is hilarious now.

Nobody disputes that we are on the losing side.  Nobody disputes that the treaties authorize you to enter.  Nobody disputes that TTK is now going to get leveled.

But you are absolutely desperate to pretend that the front was going well before you stepped in.  You are desperate to pretend that TTK hasn't demonstrated their competency.  You are desperate to pretend that your bloc hasn't been embarrassed by this recent string of events.  And it is very amusing to watch you struggle to feed your bulls*** to the masses.

Peace was near until Pacifica decided they had to rectify an image problem, but the damage has already been done and cannot be reversed.

hard to be embarrassed when nobody's watching

11 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

I'll ask TPF about what their years of loyal service to hell and back got them in return.

7 hours ago, kerschbs said:

I think the real question is why TTK hasn't done anything different than simply to be a rolling target.

Also I like the indignation from HOT and others, maybe it'll prolong the war. I'm up to 94 in casualties, let's keep this train on the tracks.

Glad my nukes could help.  I'll give you another round when I'm back out of hippie.  

Honestly, I don't mind NG too much (partly because I like playing DotA with Caustic when he isn't avoiding me with excuses) and I'm mostly in it to smack NoR which is tons and tons of fun.  If my pointing out Pacifica's hypocrisy gets under their skin enough to give me a few more weeks of punching NoR in the throat, I am quite alright with that.

2 hours ago, Neo Uruk said:

hard to be embarrassed when nobody's watching

10/10 ggwp

2 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

I'll ask TPF about what their years of loyal service to hell and back got them in return.

Them to quit functioning as an Alliance. You know, after joining another Alliance (which also happened to manage to quit functioning as one) that would tell anyone who'd listen how much they wanted to warmonger with anything/everything.

No one's getting under our skin. Especially you. It's great to see you come out of the woodwork and resume making an ass out of yourself right where you left off. x3

Edited by DeathAdder

I just read through several pages here and I feel dumber for having done so.  All I keep reading is DeathAdder arguing with anyone and everyone about how he despises politics, but... and then goes on to argue politics. 

DeathAdder, why don't you focus on the military if that's your job?  You have 365 nations at your disposal (not to mention all the other alliances fighting beside you), and you just let our senator slip into PM today while you're busy arguing with him here over the politics you supposedly despise.

56 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

Them to quit functioning as an Alliance. You know, after joining another Alliance (which also happened to manage to quit functioning as one) that would tell anyone who'd listen how much they wanted to warmonger with anything/everything.

Please rephrase this word salad.

6 hours ago, Neo Uruk said:

hey remember when you almost started a war because you made fun of a guy's mom that had cancer and refused to apologize

guess that's how adults function huh

Hey, remember when that never happened? 

I guess children can't help but make stuff up in order to make themselves look better