My name is Gopherbashi, former Sanction Race Updater and guy who did some other stuff. AMA!

Gopherbashi

My nation is probably at around 27 days inactive by this point, and I don't think I'm going to log in to save it this time.  My apologies to Power, who has been my trade partner since 2008.

Since I've been around for a long time and have done (way too much) stuff here, some people might want questions answered before I leave.  Feel free to ask whatever you want and I'll see what I can remember about it.

You were so active in maintaining awesome stats, why did you play the middle-of-the-road character during your tenure? I almost think you played the 'neutral' card more than you wanted to... I mean, if you're going to go out, get some loads off your chest. I know there has to be some F-bombs lurking in there somewhere...

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

On 5/10/2017 at 10:22 PM, Lord Hitchcock said:

You were so active in maintaining awesome stats, why did you play the middle-of-the-road character during your tenure? I almost think you played the 'neutral' card more than you wanted to... I mean, if you're going to go out, get some loads off your chest. I know there has to be some F-bombs lurking in there somewhere...

Because I'm far more of a bureaucrat or administrator than a diplomat - I never had the desire, patience, or skill to play the political game.

On 5/12/2017 at 5:21 AM, berbers said:

Did Mi6 give you a few extra years of activity or did it not make a difference?

Probably gave a few extra years of activity - gave me something to do in this game rather than log in and collect taxes every few weeks.

On 5/12/2017 at 6:22 AM, The Big Bad said:

Why leave now?  What kept you here this long? 

The "Hey, you're at 21 days" email was a good trigger.  Might as well just accept it.

I have a trade partner from 2008.  Wanted to keep that going just because I could.

13 hours ago, Gopherbashi said:

Probably gave a few extra years of activity - gave me something to do in this game rather than log in and collect taxes every few weeks.

Stick it out a bit, you might come back on occasion like me.  Might as well have a nation for what will at some point no doubt be a Planet Bob wide Apocalypse.  Old timers need to try give this place on last breath and go out on bang. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...