New to CyberNations, considering an alliance

Hello,

I'm new to CyberNations. I am curious about alliances though, and I'm considering joining one. But I've seen people on here say that most alliances aren't even active anymore. So is it worth it to join an alliance at this point? If so, what are some good alliances to join? I would prefer to be an active member who contributes rather than just a number for that alliance.

Join SLAP and get your wonders and built up to 4999 infra so you are self funded and active team players always do well and move up quickly...then once you get nukes and wonders and what not I can poach you...:D

http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_display.asp?ID=14571

On 19/04/2017 at 3:38 PM, President Powell said:

Hello,

I'm new to CyberNations. I am curious about alliances though, and I'm considering joining one. But I've seen people on here say that most alliances aren't even active anymore. So is it worth it to join an alliance at this point? If so, what are some good alliances to join? I would prefer to be an active member who contributes rather than just a number for that alliance.

From the prospective of game progression it is important that you join one, as you get bigger and/or have tech you become a greater temptation for raiders because the pool of inconsequential people to hit shrinks.

If you are proactive and setup your own tech deals to speed up your progression this will make you a target because this means you have tech/money to be raided, also people may hit you because they want to hurt the people you tech deal with.

So joining a alliance for a deterrent and assistant against raiders is fairly vital for meaningful progression.

Regardless of which if any alliance you join you will need learn about things as you progress, I would hope that most alliances have dedicated areas/people to teach you these things but if not the wiki and here will be some help to you.

I would say the default for alliances is to let you do your own thing but for this to work you need to be proactive and well informed, as would all the other members of that alliance otherwise you have a mostly inactive alliance.

Most good alliances will have things that are structured for you to participate in, these may or may not be mandatory.

Lastly by joining a alliances you get to participate in alliance to alliance interactions, the level of understanding of these interaction will mostly like hinge on your own interest in them along with your activity level.

Edited by Galerion