We got a party invitation

jalap

2 hours ago, Haflinger said:

You have a short memory, but that's to be expected considering that all of MHA's old leadership is now long gone.

They left when we were the largest alliance but carried a lot of dead weight and got punished for that.

I became a tri not long after that. But my memory is fine enough to remember never cancelled a treaty. I think 2 cancelled our treaty. One because the alliance wanted a change in direction. The other because the water between us was too deep (and they wanted to change direction). I never ever got blamed for not standing up for an ally, nor have I ever blamed an ally for not standing up for us.

But since you feel my memory is impaired, then please fill in the gaps.

12 hours ago, Alex0827a said:

Somebody from MHA please hit me - I'd declare, but I'm in anarchy. Rand made a neat looking medal for folks who war with you guys, and I want it :D

They WILL recognize your girth :P

2 hours ago, jalap said:

They left when we were the largest alliance but carried a lot of dead weight and got punished for that.

No, the people I'm talking about left before that. Except WCR; do you remember him? (Working Class Ruler)

About half of the old leadership of the MHA left to found Argent. The others stayed, but Denzin was lost to us, DarkFoxDemon went completely bananas, and WCR ... well he was the main reason why the people who founded Argent left MHA I think. I mean, he wasn't completely terrible, I've certainly met worse alliance leaders, but I wouldn't want him in charge of my alliance either.

The #1 thing came about because in the post-DfD meltdown era (the meltdown happened in the buildup to Karma) the MHA became essentially an adjunct of the Grämlins, and to thank the MHA for their support - which was considerable - the Grämlins organized what was then the biggest aid dump in history. It gave the MHA some truly impressive stats, but wasn't able to change its fundamental character, which is to say that you guys aren't the most serious alliance out there. (Something which I'm happy about.) So when you finally came up against significant opposition, and the Grämlins weren't around anymore having had some major problems of their own, the stats melted away. But that's the way it goes.

23 hours ago, Haflinger said:

No, the people I'm talking about left before that. Except WCR; do you remember him? (Working Class Ruler)

Yes, I remember WCR. He was tri when I took my first job in MHA government. I never had the honour to learn from the people that lead MHA earlier. I did read the history books and realise that those must have been truely exciting times.

And you're right that not taking things seriously is part of the MHA personality. And I must admit that this goes for me as well. Something I need to work on, because this DoW on CotM was a mistake and I learned that too late. Better start taking stuff a bit more seriously from now on...

However, I will never drop my view that war is the most fun aspect of this game and that wars with cool people are more fun than war with whiners. In that perspective, CotM actually was a good choice :)

So I get to find out that CotM are cool people by going to war with them. I could see that as a win-win situation, had there not been the political aspect of the game.

Edited by jalap

1 hour ago, jalap said:

Something I need to work on, because this DoW on CotM was a mistake and I learned that too late. Better start taking stuff a bit more seriously from now on...

You could correct that mistake, it's not that hard.

Well, I sent peace offers and they were graciously declined, so let's get back to it. My replacement Moon Wonders aren't getting cheaper on their own, you know.

My MHA dance partner sent peace, attacked me, sent peace, then canceled with no action from me in between that sequence. I'd say he needs some assistance. 

jalap, I appreciate the public post of your mistake. Sad what you and your members chose to throw away and forget.