We got a party invitation

jalap

MHA.jpg

Yes, we like a party. In this game, a party means exchanging nukes. This is fun, most of us will agree on that.

Our friends and allies said more nukes were going to be exchanged. My babelfish' translation said we were invited to a party.

We need nothing more.

Perhaps we're on our way to this now: https://sites.google.com/site/h2g2theguide/Index/l/379605

Jesbro, Scorpio, jalap, MHA triumvirs.

It is a sad world where alliances get rolled for no reason. Especially alliances that prefer to stay out of the heat.

What I see here is that alliance who do like war are fighting. With a good reason to fight.

So, I see no problem or sadness.

Also, I must say my first impression of CotM is quite good. War should be a way to make new friends. So let's see what this opportunity brings.

31 minutes ago, jalap said:

It is a sad world where alliances get rolled for no reason. Especially alliances that prefer to stay out of the heat.

What I see here is that alliance who do like war are fighting. With a good reason to fight.

So, I see no problem or sadness.

Also, I must say my first impression of CotM is quite good. War should be a way to make new friends. So let's see what this opportunity brings.

By agreeing to this "invitation" you are supporting Umbrella attempting to remove CotM from Black, rather uncharacteristic of MHA considering you're effectively oAing in on an alliance once step removed from being a neutral with a few tech deals as the CB. Quite sad.

6 minutes ago, Mogar said:

By agreeing to this "invitation" you are supporting Umbrella attempting to remove CotM from Black, rather uncharacteristic of MHA considering you're effectively oAing in on an alliance once step removed from being a neutral with a few tech deals as the CB. Quite sad.

I'm confused. I thought Umbrella was cleansing Maroon for Nordreich and Non Grata.

... shuffles off to find a scorecard

1 hour ago, eejack said:

I'm confused. I thought Umbrella was cleansing Maroon for Nordreich and Non Grata.

... shuffles off to find a scorecard

It's not like they don't have the NS to do both at once!

1 hour ago, Mogar said:

You do realize MHA is at war with AW right?  It has been established for years that aiding someone at war is a bad idea.

17 minutes ago, EaTeMuP said:

You do realize MHA is at war with AW right?  It has been established for years that aiding someone at war is a bad idea.

It's also been established that simply by sending the same amount of aid to the opposing party is usually more than enough to solve the issue, unless there's more to it than simply "aiding someone at war".

You're the MostlyHarmlessAlliance now, so this explains a lot. Around 10% of your nations participate in war and probably only wars where they outnumber the enemy 4-1. While strategic, it's like hanging onto coat tails. Nothing new for hitchhikers.

At least you guys aren't dropping like previous triumvirates who didn't get enough attention from Umbrella and friends. It used to feel like watching someone go back to their abusive partner only to be rejected and be made to feel inadequate.

1 hour ago, Mogar said:

It's also been established that simply by sending the same amount of aid to the opposing party is usually more than enough to solve the issue, unless there's more to it than simply "aiding someone at war".

That precedent was never a requirement, it was merely one possible solution to resolve an issue short of conflict.

At any case, best wishes to MHA. Here's to a good smashing and a positive outcome. o/

24 minutes ago, Auctor said:

That precedent was never a requirement, it was merely one possible solution to resolve an issue short of conflict.

At any case, best wishes to MHA. Here's to a good smashing and a positive outcome. o/

The precedent is generally the rule of thumb unless there is alternative motivations, which here there clearly are even if MHA wasn't informed of those motivations. If you want to work on cleaning out the black senate, might want to start with DT considering their senator has literally never voted.

9 minutes ago, Mogar said:

The precedent is generally the rule of thumb unless there is alternative motivations, which here there clearly are even if MHA wasn't informed of those motivations. If you want to work on cleaning out the black senate, might want to start with DT considering their senator has literally never voted.

A precedent is not a rule of thumb. It's one option among many. If it weren't, no one would have established the precedent to begin with.

And something having precedent behind it has never been in itself a strong justification for it to be the one and only resolution. There was a precedent set once wherein viceroys and large amounts of tech reps were levied from defeated alliances. I don't think you'd seriously argue we should operate based on those precedents because it's the mos maiorum?

1 hour ago, Mogar said:

We really couldn't care less about the black senate. Not our problem, not our goal, not a reason for us being here.

Edited by jalap

34 minutes ago, jalap said:

We really couldn't care less about the black senate. Not our problem, not our goal, not a reason for us being here.

So you don't care that you are being used to force a team off a sphere?

14 minutes ago, Mogar said:

They don't. They are, as stated earlier, just opportunistic. Here they are supporting Umb, who didn't give a !@#$ about them months ago. MHA has never been anything but a follower, but you would've thought that when their community was in jeopardy and their so-called "friends" didn't support them, they might've woken up, but nope, just as always, a bloated alliance that follows their master. Gotta protect them pixels. Priority #1.

Edited by Thrash

1 hour ago, Thrash said:

They don't. They are, as stated earlier, just opportunistic. Here they are supporting Umb, who didn't give a !@#$ about them months ago. MHA has never been anything but a follower, but you would've thought that when their community was in jeopardy and their so-called "friends" didn't support them, they might've woken up, but nope, just as always, a bloated alliance that follows their master. Gotta protect them pixels. Priority #1.

I mean by declaring war they aren't saving pixels, I do agree with the rest of the premise though! Sad!

2 hours ago, Mogar said:

I can not image why they would.  I sure do not care.  So long as war is raging everything beyond that is irrelevant 

Edited by The Big Bad

8 hours ago, Thrash said:

Umbrella really has nothing to do with our actions. Is it helping them? Probably yes. But how are Umbrella's motives a reason why we should not join NpO here? A bit of war as a reaction to a bit of aid. Fair deal I'd say.

And as for our allies not supporting us? I really cannot remember the last time that happened. We always support our allies when they ask us, and our allies always have been there when we needed them. At least in the time I'm a tri.

2 hours ago, jalap said:

And as for our allies not supporting us? I really cannot remember the last time that happened. We always support our allies when they ask us, and our allies always have been there when we needed them. At least in the time I'm a tri.

You have a short memory, but that's to be expected considering that all of MHA's old leadership is now long gone.

I do remember a time when MHA actually stood for something on its own, it wasn't just another follower alliance, but eh, things change I guess.