To Camelot!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eejack said:

There is no FA to speak of. Do you see anyone doing FA here?

See alliance hit alliance ain't FA. Coming up with 'reasons' for see alliance hit alliance isn't FA - it is just coming up with 'reasons'.

Using a long standing Tech deal to drag in more targets is simply a dick move, but if it will satisfy your need for legitimate FA to feel aggrieved about it then please yourself and be happy.

Enjoy.

It's great that you're upset enough to run around OWF complaining because we went in on Alliances while having a far superior Top Tier when you guys engaged NoR under the same plan, it just didn't work out for you.

Feel free to deny that, if you want, but everyone here knows it's true.

2 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

It's great that you're upset enough to run around OWF complaining because we went in on Alliances while having a far superior Top Tier when you guys engaged NoR under the same plan, it just didn't work out for you.

Feel free to deny that, if you want, but everyone here knows it's true.

We declared on Nordriech- 15 vs 60 - at the request of our ally. Our top nations never declared on Nordriech. I am not complaining about anything. I am stating your alliance acted poorly by attacking another alliance over a tech deal.

Have a nice day.

Plonk.

18 minutes ago, eejack said:

We declared on Nordriech- 15 vs 60 - at the request of our ally. Our top nations never declared on Nordriech. I am not complaining about anything. I am stating your alliance acted poorly by attacking another alliance over a tech deal.

Have a nice day.

Plonk.

Anything less than 15 vs 600 is considered a curb stomp in cn.  :mellow:

17 hours ago, eejack said:

Like I said, I kind of sort of understand how you reached. It was thin. Like there wasn't already a massive imbalance. You were bored.

Bored and able to get away with thrashing about without any consequences.

Enjoy,

Having literally just dealt with a similar scenario, I think the issue here was intent. Namely the 4000 soldiers.

2 hours ago, eejack said:

Have a nice day.

Plonk.

Yes. Lets conveniently forget the 4k Soldiers, or the precedant that aiding an Alliance at war is in itself an act of war.

10 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

Yes. Lets conveniently forget the 4k Soldiers, or the precedant that aiding an Alliance at war is in itself an act of war.

While I dont disagree that the act of sending 4k soldiers is an act of war, we must ask if KoRT sanctioned that action? If it was systematic then yeah they deserve it but if this one member sent it - unbeknownst to govt, I cant blame KoRT.

We are treaty partners with The Templar Knights.  We are not so naïve as to believe that the war declaration by New Pacific Order had anything to do the Habershia transaction.

Pretext: a reason given in justification of a course of action that is not the real reason.

12 hours ago, Stonewall14 said:

1st they came for...then when they came for you....Godspeed to peace KoRT and no doubt CCC is next if they don't come in on their own treaty activation...:popcorn: FAN, GPA and CotM etc best be getting their troops woke up and ready...:ph34r:

The CCC... again? *sighs*  I remember the last war I fought them, wasn't pretty.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

3 hours ago, Morphine said:

While I dont disagree that the act of sending 4k soldiers is an act of war, we must ask if KoRT sanctioned that action? If it was systematic then yeah they deserve it but if this one member sent it - unbeknownst to govt, I cant blame KoRT.

Can't help feeling that if he'd deleted the aid record after the slot expired then this would never have happened. :D

Also interesting to note that the KoRT member in question hasn't actually been attacked yet. Just sayin'... 

2 hours ago, Knights of the Grail said:

We are treaty partners with The Templar Knights.  We are not so naïve as to believe that the war declaration by New Pacific Order had anything to do the Habershia transaction.

Pretext: a reason given in justification of a course of action that is not the real reason.

Actually it is the only reason as there is no logic in making enemies without cause. We are holding to our principles. Feel free to approach our leadership if you want to make amends for your member's transgressions against typical international protocols. It is your responsibility to maintain the discipline in your ranks.

As for the Dragons of Pacifica setting foot in your precious Celtic Britannia.. you'd know if I were coming, my entire hind claws would crumble your castles walls and leave a foot print where it stood. Your nation's population barely qualifies as a meal. Make more babies, then we'll talk.

Your moats and mires couldn't hinder me any more than a trickling stream passing between my scales. A simulated attack on Celtic Britannia by the Francograd Institute of Warfare yielded this probable outcome:

0ac342d1db5c20025ead16e29f2032fa.jpg

I fear not your prophecy of Merlin, for if I spill my blood your nation shall suffer for it. Best to seek the peace with my masters than try to prod colossus with a pointy stick.

But by all means, come out of hiding that I may have the chance to add the head of another alliance leader to my mantle and if granted the right, I shall seek it.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

18 minutes ago, Mandystalin said:

Can't help feeling that if he'd deleted the aid record after the slot expired then this would never have happened. :D

Also interesting to note that the KoRT member in question hasn't actually been attacked yet. Just sayin'... 

It was actually captured while still in progress, but you know. Details.

And that person's watching their Alliance be burnt down around them for their choice. Just sayin'...

9 hours ago, James Spanier said:

Having literally just dealt with a similar scenario, I think the issue here was intent. Namely the 4000 soldiers.

I didn't even notice them when I accepted the aid but I rather doubt KoRT approved of it. KoRT and Old Guard don't have any sort of relationship at all - just a dude tech dealing with another dude. If anyone had said anything to me I would have aided them back or some other compensatory act.

2 hours ago, eejack said:

I didn't even notice them when I accepted the aid but I rather doubt KoRT approved of it. KoRT and Old Guard don't have any sort of relationship at all - just a dude tech dealing with another dude. If anyone had said anything to me I would have aided them back or some other compensatory act.

The 4000 soldiers does make for a pretty blatant and obvious act of war, but even if it were strictly a tech deal it still is just as much an act of war nonetheless. Tech enhances a nation's fighting capability and ability to inflict damage on an opponent. This is a very clearcut CB with probably close to a decade of precedent on Planet Bob. It's a lot stronger CB than several wars in the past where the entire CB was "we don't like you" and nothing more.

Oh yeah and it's good to see a DoW finally done in honor of me... To Camelot!!! o/

Edited by Monty of the Herm
Grammar, punctuation, etc...

1 hour ago, Monty of the Herm said:

The 4000 soldiers does make for a pretty blatant and obvious act of war, but even if it were strictly a tech deal it still is just as much an act of war nonetheless. Tech enhances a nation's fighting capability and ability to inflict damage on an opponent. This is a very clearcut CB with probably close to a decade of precedent on Planet Bob. It's a lot stronger CB than several wars in the past where the entire CB was "we don't like you" and nothing more.

Oh yeah and it's good to see a DoW finally done in honor of me... To Camelot!!! o/

Hmmmmm...  I'd honestly thought that Bob had kind of gotten over the "no tech dealing in war" thing over the past year or so by general consensus.  I also admit that I have not been fully paying attention the past couple of years, but that was my gut feeling.  

The sending troops with it has always been considered war aid.  That kind of makes it all a no-brainer.  Typically, some sort of FA goes on in those situations, especially when the aid is from a single nation and not a massive dong-drop, but FA is what it is, and you are sort of at the mercy of the FA style of the alliance you are dealing with -- that's the nature of FA.

Unfortunate for KORT-- I always liked them, and wish them the best.  

I do appreciate a DoW posted by someone who put a little thought into it -- quality OP.  Nice throwback to the days when people cared.

1 hour ago, Walshington said:

Hmmmmm...  I'd honestly thought that Bob had kind of gotten over the "no tech dealing in war" thing over the past year or so by general consensus.  I also admit that I have not been fully paying attention the past couple of years, but that was my gut feeling.  

The sending troops with it has always been considered war aid.  That kind of makes it all a no-brainer.  Typically, some sort of FA goes on in those situations, especially when the aid is from a single nation and not a massive dong-drop, but FA is what it is, and you are sort of at the mercy of the FA style of the alliance you are dealing with -- that's the nature of FA.

I do appreciate a DoW posted by someone who put a little thought into it -- quality OP.  Nice throwback to the days when people cared.

Pacifica always cares about culture.. always.

4,000 troops is more likely to have an impact below 10,000 NS than higher up, so I don't think it's very wise to send that at all.

Anyway this looks like another complicated situation. I always liked KoRT but I see that feeling isnt shared by all of my allies. :popcorn:

Been where you are many times KoRT and you can come out of this leaner and stronger than before. Good luck have fun to both sides. 

5 hours ago, Walshington said:

My main point wasn't really the aid being an act of war, moreso pointing out how there is a long history of precedent for this type of CB and that there is precedent for CB's with much less cause behind them other than mere dislike or boredom. In comparison to those CB's this has more substantive justification IC than a lot of other wars in the history of Planet Bob.