A SUN DoW

8 minutes ago, Gh0s7 said:

We're on opposing sides fen, but all the same you know I respect you, and this is why. Even in the face of a curb stomp you won't leave your allies hanging.

Good luck to all involved with this one.

o/

^^ this,,,SUN was my very first AA where I was DMoD almost 10 years ago...o/ SUN

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Morphine said:

Kashmir had SUN begging for peace in like 2 days their last war. I expect SUN to be peacing out in 12 hours.

Nice selective memory there--the members who are here now are the ones who survived and stuck through that war! Plus there is a big difference, this time on behalf of our allies we struck first!

In any case, thanks to all the well-wishes, and no ill will held toward people on either side here, simple treaty obligations and whatnot.

My troops actually enjoyed having something to do, for a change! (And so did I--most fun I've had from CN in years)

1 hour ago, Subtleknifewielder said:

Nice selective memory there--the members who are here now are the ones who survived and stuck through that war! Plus there is a big difference, this time on behalf of our allies we struck first!

Indeed, however in that war SUN faced roughly numerically even odds, and now you're facing steep odds. After the first week things are going to be a lot harder than they were fighting us, just because of the numbers on the other side.

Still, I expect that some of you will acquit yourselves better than you did in Operation Fenris. War experience helps like nothing else, and losing wars badly tends to send the useless hangers-on running away.

Maybe at least one of your alliancemates will be as good as you were Skw. You were pretty much my only decent SUN opponent that whole war, although I did spend a lot of time fighting Invicta who for some reason treated me as a priority target ;)

3 hours ago, Gh0s7 said:

We're on opposing sides fen, but all the same you know I respect you, and this is why. Even in the face of a curb stomp you won't leave your allies hanging.

Good luck to all involved with this one.

o/

lol sun kick your ass hard! in vietnam...people like you would be stop! 

Numerically even odds? Three alliances on one isn't numerically even. Either way I remember having a lot of fun that war--I was so effective cause I coordinated with my fellow combatants.

And...trust me, we aren't going to give up just cause it gets hard, a lot of our members were kinda disappointed the last round of wars passed us by and were glad for the opportunity to assist an ally this time around!

On 3/10/2017 at 11:25 AM, Haflinger said:

Indeed, however in that war SUN faced roughly numerically even odds, and now you're facing steep odds. After the first week things are going to be a lot harder than they were fighting us, just because of the numbers on the other side.

Still, I expect that some of you will acquit yourselves better than you did in Operation Fenris. War experience helps like nothing else, and losing wars badly tends to send the useless hangers-on running away.

Maybe at least one of your alliancemates will be as good as you were Skw. You were pretty much my only decent SUN opponent that whole war, although I did spend a lot of time fighting Invicta who for some reason treated me as a priority target ;)

Oh Haf. The easy targets are always the priority. ;)

SUN o/

On 2017-03-10 at 8:16 PM, Subtleknifewielder said:

Numerically even odds? Three alliances on one isn't numerically even. Either way I remember having a lot of fun that war--I was so effective cause I coordinated with my fellow combatants.

You tried to coordinate. I remember when they were fighting me, mostly your alliancemates messed up the coordination, there was one guy who kept on nuking me with below half your tech.

I still won our war statistically you know, although not by as much as with some of the others, including the unbelievably poorly named Mr Money who seems to have become inactive. (Or the ridiculously bad DesertSon, who wasn't broke but was useless. He's inactive now too.)

Also, you don't count alliances, you count NS when weighing odds. In that respect Javahouse + Kashmir (who were the only alliances actually fighting SUN) were pretty much the same size as SUN. We were a lot more battle-hardened back then than you were (especially Kashmir), but I know all too well what one tough war does to an alliance's preparedness.

Anyway, try and have fun; I've found in the past that the wars that you fight against massive odds tend to be a lot more fun than the cakewalks. Sure, you lose stats, but there's an actual challenge to it. Perhaps you might move up into the range where getting a National Cemetery seems like a good idea, although I have a feeling that that army base might be a ways away now.

• 1 month later...

Sun have proven themselves to be good fighters this war. There are of course a few inactives and a few who don't know how to fight properly, but those exist in every alliance.

I've enjoyed my fights with sun members more than those with legion and avalanch, because when I hit sun, they hit back, though I've only lost against zvesda.

Edited by Gh0s7

On 3/10/2017 at 6:24 AM, Morphine said:

Kashmir had SUN begging for peace in like 2 days their last war. I expect SUN to be peacing out in 12 hours.

I salute the 16 of 36 members of SUN that is not in peace mode

Wayne's World

Excellent Adventure

Grand Lodge of Freemasons  

The Intelligence Chief, for the Vast RightWing Conspiracy

Edited by Wayne World

6 hours ago, Wayne World said:

I salute the 16 of 36 members of SUN that is not in peace mode

Wayne's World

Excellent Adventure

Grand Lodge of Freemasons  

The Intelligence Chief, for the Vast RightWing Conspiracy

Party time, excellent.

On 4/17/2017 at 11:25 PM, Gh0s7 said:

Sun have proven themselves to be good fighters this war. There are of course a few inactives and a few who don't know how to fight properly, but those exist in every alliance.

Gonna have to revoke your OWF card.  A requirement of this place is that you fight one inactive turtler in an alliance -- or even hear about someone who did -- and then immediately make a sweeping generalization about the fighting ability of that entire alliance, and their allies, followed by an immediate prediction of their disbandment post war. Your card will be returned when you have something less evenhanded to say.

fighting SUN has been enjoyable, however a few of their members have been begging for peace, and trying to cut deals to be able to hit peace mode, I kind of feel for them as it seems the leadership do not care about its members, I am guessing with what seems 60% of SUN's government that had been able to hit peace mode they have ntohing to worry about watching others burn.

23 hours ago, Devialance said:

fighting SUN has been enjoyable, however a few of their members have been begging for peace, and trying to cut deals to be able to hit peace mode, I kind of feel for them as it seems the leadership do not care about its members, I am guessing with what seems 60% of SUN's government that had been able to hit peace mode they have ntohing to worry about watching others burn.

You sir are WRONG we will rebuild and we will aid those member :D 

34 minutes ago, Relapse said:

You sir are WRONG we will rebuild and we will aid those member :D 

Not sure how i can be wrong, I had a nation i was fighting who asked me for peace, said he would pay and not re-enter the war but couldn't leave SUN, i told him the only way he will get peace is to leave SUN for a PoW alliance name, that nation never made it in to peace and now sits in defcon 5 with no troops nukes nothing simply doing nothing as he had no money left, no infra also, and he had only gotten 9m in aid, so please tell me how am i WRONG ?

do not mistaken what im saying, i have loads of respect for those in SUN who are fighting good people, but i still feel the leadership is letting their members burn, and respect the members for them for standing by their alliance, maybe the leadership should stand by its members also.

6 hours ago, Devialance said:

Not sure how i can be wrong, I had a nation i was fighting who asked me for peace, said he would pay and not re-enter the war but couldn't leave SUN, i told him the only way he will get peace is to leave SUN for a PoW alliance name, that nation never made it in to peace and now sits in defcon 5 with no troops nukes nothing simply doing nothing as he had no money left, no infra also, and he had only gotten 9m in aid, so please tell me how am i WRONG ?

do not mistaken what im saying, i have loads of respect for those in SUN who are fighting good people, but i still feel the leadership is letting their members burn, and respect the members for them for standing by their alliance, maybe the leadership should stand by its members also.

The only SUN nations you have fought all have infrastructure, thus YOU are mistaken. 

On 3/10/2017 at 11:25 AM, Haflinger said:

Actually it was not numerically even, considering you didn't attack alone :V