Imperial Decree- New Polar Order

12 hours ago, Alexandros o Megas said:

We fight for our ideas and our Alliance and not for persons; even though thanking you for your kind words but please consider than in Sparta there is Unity (through sacrifice and unity comes strength). 

I am staggered for 31 continuous wars but always this can work both ways and in general I return back more damage by far of what I receive and the same happens with other Spartan wars. More than 50 nations have left NpO since the beginning of the war, maybe a signal to their gov.

Some of our opponents are with a few millions or even less wc. This war is destructive not only for Sparta.

Respect of your opponent should work two ways.

As of Hellas it is obvious that we care very little for pixels, NS, infra, tech, money etc. but mostly trying to find this respect among cn game players who - and I am thanking them wholeheartedly - vote us as Black Team nr. 1 Senator.

After 3427 days in game (almost 10 years) - out of them 3327 in Sparta, 100 days in Hellas fighting again Sparta's opponents - we care for having this game going back to its old good days and levels of activity, when 30 K plus players were around. 

Unfair wars simply send more players out of the game that I believe all of us, independently in which alliance we are in or what grudges we have one to the other - we still love it.

Been almost 61 y.o. in real life I love like the first day CN - both SE and TE and I want to see it flourishing again for another one decade.

We fight?  You mean you fight.  Sparta is dead.  It is not fighting. It has no leaders, it has no will to fight and it has no plan.   You are fighting for an alliance that has already disbanded but, does not have anybody in charge to announce it.  If you are going to fight, you might as well fight for somebody who cares.  Sparta does not.  Go join TTK at least they have a future and living breathing leadership.  Right now you are an ant trying to keep a pack of wolves from dragging away the cold dead corpse of Sparta.  This is no longer a war, just a ghost hunt on a dead alliance.  

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellas aren't you the one thats buying up to 1000 infra and then instantly selling it? someone in your pathetic alliance is doing that. But regardless Im just sitting here having finished my 15th? war, and Im pretty sure Ive done more damage to your alliance and its allies. Than you have in what? 30 wars?

2 hours ago, Terminator said:

Hellas aren't you the one thats buying up to 1000 infra and then instantly selling it? someone in your pathetic alliance is doing that. But regardless Im just sitting here having finished my 15th? war, and Im pretty sure Ive done more damage to your alliance and its allies. Than you have in what? 30 wars?

Probably true, but you're also in the position to fight massive down declares on a weak alliance who has been the target of multiple stompings in the last few years. The fact that you are even in a position to do so is because you suck up to those in a better position than you. 

I can only hope I still inhabit this planet when you get what's coming to you. You talk too much. 

Just now, kerschbs said:

Probably true, but you're also in the position to fight massive down declares on a weak alliance who has been the target of multiple stompings in the last few years. The fact that you are even in a position to do so is because you suck up to those in a better position than you. 

I can only hope I still inhabit this planet when you get what's coming to you. You talk too much. 

Yea. My last 5? Maybe just my last 4 Wars have been updeclares. And a couple of the earlier ones were too. Not to mention I'm pretty sure the Spartans were the ones bragging about beating us last war. Clearly they didn't. Also I'm almost positive they chose to be in the last war directly targeting us. Granted I've been drinking so I could be wrong. 

I feel the need to put some things in perspective.

When Sparta and Polaris were allied we had some pretty good times, and some bad ones...

DA and I certainly did have some heated conversations towards the end but we have both retired and left it alone. You'll notice little if any comment from either of us on that time these days because it's history.

Sparta's current situation lies firmly at the feet of their current leaders. Planet Bob is a actually pretty good with giving new leaders a new chance, it's just not everyone who takes their opportunity.

At the start of this war I expected it to be a typical "war for a bit then walk away" thing. Incredibly the events of here and other realms have changed my mind though and I now hope we fight till Sparta is no more.

I never in a million words expected to make that statement :(

24 minutes ago, Dajobo said:

I feel the need to put some things in perspective.

When Sparta and Polaris were allied we had some pretty good times, and some bad ones...

DA and I certainly did have some heated conversations towards the end but we have both retired and left it alone. You'll notice little if any comment from either of us on that time these days because it's history.

Sparta's current situation lies firmly at the feet of their current leaders. Planet Bob is a actually pretty good with giving new leaders a new chance, it's just not everyone who takes their opportunity.

At the start of this war I expected it to be a typical "war for a bit then walk away" thing. Incredibly the events of here and other realms have changed my mind though and I now hope we fight till Sparta is no more.

I never in a million words expected to make that statement :(

Dajobo,

Before I begin to dissect this, I want you to know that you are (by far) my most admirable idol.

I'm going to disagree on you on two points, first, DA clearly isn't retired, after his leadership he's guiding the demise of Sparta (that would be like you jumping to NPO and wanting NpO to end).

Cazaric was actually a decent ruler, his biggest problem on Planet Bob is that he was disconnected from the power players on Bob...

The state Sparta is in isn't because Cazaric picked up the pieces, but because DA and Yeru were inept. 

Sparta never had a grand reputation, self-centered, drunken treaty cancellations, etc. But when they had a decent war (when you were emperor) the 'big headedness' followed, and their middle finger towards Polar... that wouldn't fly regardless of whomever ruled them afterwards.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Sparta have no apparent desire to end the war.  They are content to see out their final days as peace mode warriors,  too lazy to even mount a credible counter attack or final stand.  

There are surrender terms terms available and they have been available upon request for some time.  I am happy to continue forever if you do desire,  but pulling the wings off insects gets boring for everyone.   

I will check in on your forums in another fortnight.  I wonder how many more members will have left by then.   

Edited by AlmightyGrub

13 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

Go join TTK 

I knew we needed a new recruiting guy...

9 hours ago, Dajobo said:

Planet Bob is a actually pretty good with giving new leaders a new chance,

A chance to do what? Buddy up with Oculus?

13 hours ago, Terminator said:

What is it with people boasting about doing more damage than those with less tech? No !@#$@#$ !@#$ Sherlock, also in the news, DBDC doing more damage in 1 war than you did in your last 9.

1 hour ago, Blackatron said:

What is it with people boasting about doing more damage than those with less tech? No !@#$@#$ !@#$ Sherlock, also in the news, DBDC doing more damage in 1 war than you did in your last 9.

except you forget, he started with 10K more tech than me and has had full war slots, for the at least the first two rounds, when I declared on him he had more tech than me and I still did more damage than him.  We have people with literally no tech doing large amounts of damage because they know how to fight.  Not to mention he was the one who said he is killing us, I just thought Id point out its not true otherwise he would actually be doing some real damage.

And you want to know how inept Sparta is at fighting a war? I declared on some spartan noob who had 14K infra and 11K tech, while I had 4K infra, he managed to never defeat alert me, and I started our war with 14,200 tech, I ended up with 14,300. How does that happen? It shouldn't.

Hi all,

I am neither in Sparta govt or active in CN politics - but in an effort to understand the spiteful vitriol that has marred this war I've engaged AlmightyGrub in conversation on the Sparta forums – it has been made clear that the reasons for prolonging this conflict are outside of Cybernations, specifically;

“The cross pollination of your activity against us in other realms means that there is no easy way out of this war for you in CyberNations. You are stuck in Peace Mode forever.”

In an obvious reference to that CN imitation; ‘Pol and War’. I do not know the extent of Polar’s migration, but I have been playing CN since 2006 and most recently have witnessed this imitation lure away some of our best and most active members, many do not return. As such I am firmly in the ‘f… that imitation’ camp. I am not the only one.

Is this position shared by Polar CN govt – specifically EaTeMuP? As well as the Polar membership at large? If so, a disturbing line has been crossed and those involved with the imitation (on both sides) need to come clean about the end game here – for those of us committed to CN only.

In anticipation of certain responses – I am under no illusion of Sparta’s position or war performance but the other claim by AlmightyGrub that “There is zero cost to watching you hide.”  is preposterous. We can go into specific details, but despite our alleged peace – as of today - 67 of your nations are in nuclear anarchy (more than half the active membership). All the damage you have incurred on us has come at a cost. Some of you have experienced it less than others. However, these numbers are not 'zero cost' or sustainable for a major alliance, at least one that is committed to Cybernations.

I don’t care if these comments put me offside with my own alliance, post-war I will join GPA if need be, but I am not joining that low-rent, CN imitation or fighting its wars. This should also serve as a warning to other alliances who are committed to CN but have encouraged members toward the imitation – its effects are potentially cancerous.

Regards.

Edited by srboslav

Sparta has had their missteps, but at least they're living up to their name somewhat in fighting to the last when under invasion.

True Spartans don't kneel to invaders, but embrace the greatest honor is a glorious death on the battlefield. Not sure what they've been offered to give the impression they don't want peace, but they have more nations in war mode than peace mode; so they're fighting back at least.

I don't know all the backstory to the grudges behind this, but it will be interesting to see if they're able to make an impressive last stand if they're not offered peace. Usually Sparta is on the winning side of wars, so this is an interesting war to see play out.

Re-reading Dajabo's post and he's also talking about "other realms"

Other realms. Other goddamn realms...

Now it has become painfully obvious why this is dragging out. You are settling foreign, non-CN grievances. Peace in CN was never really an option, was it? Just a carrot to leave out there... wow.

Why the lack of transparency though?

Wait a minute, that war was declared BY NPacificaO, so you're literally gonna keep Sparta at war because of your own allies stupidity in another game? I had thought we were trying not to promote such idiotic behavior?

It’s actually pretty funny because I could not figure out where all this angry rhetoric was coming from. Even the banter in this thread was tame, nothing Alex-Hellas has said was particularly malicious and it’s been relatively quiet on the other fronts. But suddenly, almost three months in – it escalates to ‘we will destroy you forever and ever - for your actions’ – I’m like, wtf is going on here guys?

And then information about this mystical ‘other realm’ and ‘cross pollination’ appears.

I have a general idea now, but can someone from Polar – for full disclosures’ sake – explain to OWF what has been happening on P&W and the profound impact it is having on Cybernations? Might as well put it all out there, particularly if peace terms here are going to include what’s happening over there?

Maybe I have underestimated the popularity of that other game, but I am CN 4 lyf and have zero interest for your “proxy wars”… but if this is going to continue “forever” because you can … then this is the right time to end my 11-year CN journey. Goodbye and good luck to all.

edit: That was funny when it showed up as a triple post.

OOC: People are crossing some lines. I guess not worried about moderator intervention at this point?

Edited by Monster

2 hours ago, Sir Kiloist said:

Not exactly the first time non-CN grievences has found it's way into a war has it? This is nothing new.

Just because it is nothing new does not mean that it isn't inappropriate or frankly, a poor show.

5 hours ago, srboslav said:

It’s actually pretty funny because I could not figure out where all this angry rhetoric was coming from. Even the banter in this thread was tame, nothing Alex-Hellas has said was particularly malicious and it’s been relatively quiet on the other fronts. But suddenly, almost three months in – it escalates to ‘we will destroy you forever and ever - for your actions’ – I’m like, wtf is going on here guys?

And then information about this mystical ‘other realm’ and ‘cross pollination’ appears.

I have a general idea now, but can someone from Polar – for full disclosures’ sake – explain to OWF what has been happening on P&W and the profound impact it is having on Cybernations? Might as well put it all out there, particularly if peace terms here are going to include what’s happening over there?

Maybe I have underestimated the popularity of that other game, but I am CN 4 lyf and have zero interest for your “proxy wars”… but if this is going to continue “forever” because you can … then this is the right time to end my 11-year CN journey. Goodbye and good luck to all.

The end game of this war has always been to end you, and the only real damage you could do was at the beginning of the war, I can sit here and toss money at the 5K NS nations you all are hitting all day long. You literally have one nation not in peace mode that can declare a war. Not to mention Hellas, Im pretty sure he is to the point he can't even rebuild half the nation he had.

On 2017-5-27 at 6:54 AM, Diego18 said:

This one is really good because many of your members, after submitting to personal surrender terms and being allowed to go into PM decide to start buying nukes again. Sparta has no respect. The only thing left you got was honor, but it seems you never had it.

Are you please able to send me the details of this to me? 

To my knowledge, none of our members should be doing this and it is by no means endorsed by the Spartan government. 

I will follow it up and ensure that if legitimate action is taken to rectify it. 

We will fight, but we will fight with honour. 

To clarify, Sparta exists only in this realm and no actions anywhere else have affected or will affect our behaviour here. 

I am disappointed that this has occurred at all and it is a poor showing. 

8 hours ago, srboslav said:

Now it has become painfully obvious why this is dragging out. You are settling foreign, non-CN grievances. Peace in CN was never really an option, was it? Just a carrot to leave out there... wow.

This is dragging out because Sparta hasn't sought an end... and instead claims they are winning from peace mode.  It has nothing to do with any other realms, but Sparta's own choice to continue.

8 minutes ago, EaTeMuP said:

This is dragging out because Sparta hasn't sought an end... and instead claims they are winning from peace mode.  It has nothing to do with any other realms, but Sparta's own choice to continue.

So are you denying what AlmightyGrub stated on Sparta's forums, because one of you would be lying in this case.

8 hours ago, Mogar said:

Wait a minute, that war was declared BY NPacificaO, so you're literally gonna keep Sparta at war because of your own allies stupidity in another game? I had thought we were trying not to promote such idiotic behavior?

Hey champion and your idiot Spartan mate, Sparta have not sought terms, they have made no attempts to end this war and any rubbish about anything else is simply rubbish.  We have been prepared to negotiate for some time, I have indicated as much several times, but sparta seem to think they are being kept at war?  In other extremes, sparta seems to think they are winning the war and are calling for our surrender or at best that they are not losing the war and are therefore not required to surrender.  We can all hold onto whatever fantasies we like.

Stop being disingenuous, take a dose of reality and read exactly what I posted in its entirety and stop trying so hard to find something that isn't there...or here...or elsewhere.  Some people have chosen to take this to other realms, that was their choice.  The war that was started here will be finished here and there will be no, absolutely no coercion of Polar here or elsewhere.  There is no easy way out sparta, you can surrender and meet our yet to be disclosed terms, you can disband and join useful alliances or you can fight until either #1 or #2 are met.  Just like every other war ever fought on Bob or elsewhere.  You could even try to negotiate, but that would require some actual effort on your part and your leadership is both inept and ineffective.

What sparta has done is ensure that whatever terms they are offered will be harsh, incredibly punitive and unpalatable.... until they negotiate, just like every other war.  If sparta think they can drag in non-CN matters as some kind of sympathy card then they are barking up the wrong tree completely.  Polar is pretty untouchable on this one, we are not the ones flooding our members in other realms with vitirol and threats, far from it.  We may or may not like you in every realm we choose to, but that still doesn't mean we aren't going to hate you on Bob.  Grow a pair and either fight or surrender, the hide and cower tactic has a limited life span.  The choice to end this war has always been sparta's, do not try to pretend something is being imposed on you that you have no control over, especially not for any OOC Bob reasons.  It is a pathetic attempt at deflection at best and an even more pathetic attack on our government.  Stop being pathetic and this will all be a whole lot easier.

I have no interest in making this about anything other than Bob, but do not expect an easy ride because your true character slipped out elsewhere.  Your terms were always going to reflect what we think about you, nothing you have done this war has increased your chances of mercy or leniency.  Actions elsewhere just confirm that you are out of options.  Perhaps try some actual diplomacy, or maybe you lack the skills to do so and that is why you are here

Edited by AlmightyGrub

20 minutes ago, Mogar said:

So are you denying what AlmightyGrub stated on Sparta's forums, because one of you would be lying in this case.

I'm suggesting that as long as Sparta sits in PM and does not attempt to seek peace, there will be no peace given.