End of OoT War

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Abshire said:

It would figure that you'd be too stupid to understand the difference between freedom of speech and freedom from the consequences of speech. 

That war started, in large part, because Mi6 members were, in general, being !@#$%bags. When you're a !@#$%, in the context of CN something almost exclusively identifiable through the things that you say, and nobody likes you, you get rolled. In other words, Mi6 was free to say whatever they wanted, but they had to deal with the consequences of what they said and to whom they said it. 

The short form is: You didn't like what they said. So you started a war whose goal was to get them to stop saying it.

I've started a few wars in my time. B-) The objective has always been to get someone to stop doing something though, not to roll some irrelevant alliance.

Because, let's face it, speech doesn't really matter. All that matters is what you do. Alliances who just stand around and talk aren't relevant.

5 hours ago, Haflinger said:

The short form is: You didn't like what they said. So you started a war whose goal was to get them to stop saying it.

I've started a few wars in my time. B-) The objective has always been to get someone to stop doing something though, not to roll some irrelevant alliance.

Because, let's face it, speech doesn't really matter. All that matters is what you do. Alliances who just stand around and talk aren't relevant.

Not sure ur allies in AM and SLAP agrees with you fully on that one if the OoT curbstomp is an example.

1 hour ago, Mandystalin said:

Deleting comments in the team proposals from an alliance you don't like...

Yes, because Steve overtly did that because he fundamentally disagreed with what was said vs. was just trying to be a !@#$%. lol. :rolleyes:

19 hours ago, Roal36 said:

Not sure ur allies in AM and SLAP agrees with you fully on that one if the OoT curbstomp is an example.

From what I've been told, you simply took the !@#$ talking too far.  Learn some manners or at the very least learn who you can !@#$ talk to and who you can not without having to deal with someone deciding to "do something" about it.  

19 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

Interesting essay by Zhadum on the subject years ago:

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/On_Free_Speech

Cliffs notes on Zhadum's essay: Talk !@#$, get hit!

(and yes, I actually read it - now now one else need bother)

2 hours ago, Mandystalin said:

Deleting comments in the team proposals from an alliance you don't like...

I think Mandystalin got you on this one, NG.

1 hour ago, Caustic said:

Yes, because Steve overtly did that because he fundamentally disagreed with what was said vs. was just trying to be a !@#$%. lol. :rolleyes:

Between the two possible "evil overlord" reasonings to embrace in this situation,  the one that makes NG look like an alliance powerful enough to shut other people up for their ideas and get away with doing so as opposed to an alliance of people who just want to act like bastards for the laughs sounds far more attractive in my opinion.  I guess we have had some fundamental disagreements on policy after all. :P

Edited by White Chocolate

20 hours ago, Roal36 said:

Halfinger can have his own opinions. We still love him. Maybe our terms were brute but when you have someone who is

1. A war deserter

2. Led a coup against your protectorate

3. Joined Monsters to hit VG

4. Joined OoT "for revenge on Morphine and Jack"

5. Tried to convince our protectorates to drop us and go to OoT

6. Continuing to talk crap OWF 

Then they would understand where we came from. 

49 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

From what I've been told, you simply took the !@#$ talking too far.  Learn some manners or at the very least learn who you can !@#$ talk to and who you can not without having to deal with someone deciding to "do something" about it.  

I have highlighted the most crucial part of your sentence that sort of invalidates everything you said after. I really look forward to having a discussion with you on my manners if you are willing. You are a sensible person from what I know so having such a discussion is possible.

37 minutes ago, Morphine said:

1. A war deserter

2. Led a coup against your protectorate

3. Joined Monsters to hit VG

4. Joined OoT "for revenge on Morphine and Jack"

5. Tried to convince our protectorates to drop us and go to OoT

6. Continuing to talk crap OWF 

Nice attempt to justify yourselves Congrats.
1. Not a deserter unless AM has got a brand new definition on that word.
2 That I am hearing for a first time. So I did that? OWF is a nice place as you learn something new about yourself everyday
3. Is that a crime? I didn't know that SLAP and AM guys DIDN'T join their signatory alliances and raided people.
4. Joined OoT because I WAS BANNED FROM TMG. OoT was a MDP partner of TMG. For revenge against you?

5. WHAT?

6. Truth is crap?

13 minutes ago, Roal36 said:

I have highlighted the most crucial part of your sentence that sort of invalidates everything you said after. I really look forward to having a discussion with you on my manners if you are willing. You are a sensible person from what I know so having such a discussion is possible.

Nice attempt to justify yourselves Congrats.
1. Not a deserter unless AM has got a brand new definition on that word.
2 That I am hearing for a first time. So I did that? OWF is a nice place as you learn something new about yourself everyday
3. Is that a crime? I didn't know that SLAP and AM guys DIDN'T join their signatory alliances and raided people.
4. Joined OoT because I WAS BANNED FROM TMG. OoT was a MDP partner of TMG. For revenge against you?

5. WHAT?

6. Truth is crap?

1. You left COBRA during their war with NG and Polar

2. You led a coup against COBRA via the FCA

3. Not a crime but what goes around comes around and the train rolled into the station on that one.

4. Nightside, who is govt of Oot, said OWF for all to see that the only reason you were in OoT was to get revenge on me and jack. 

5. You tried to have JDA drop us as their protectors, when you went on their forums and trashed talked VG. 

6. Your an idiot - thats the truth.

8 minutes ago, Morphine said:

1. You left COBRA during their war with NG and Polar

2. You led a coup against COBRA via the FCA

3. Not a crime but what goes around comes around and the train rolled into the station on that one.

4. Nightside, who is govt of Oot, said OWF for all to see that the only reason you were in OoT was to get revenge on me and jack. 

5. You tried to have JDA drop us as their protectors, when you went on their forums and trashed talked VG. 

6. Your an idiot - thats the truth.

1. Not war desserting
2. According to FCA it is Kashmir that actually took over COBRA via their tool GK. I didn't lead FCA then but I supported FCA stand on those issues. Now we are over this so let us just agree to disagree.
3. My involvement had a valid CB. I warned Jack more than a week in advance that TMG would take action against his alliance. 

4. I don't know what Nightside said nor did I see his statement but I do welcome everyone and anyone to backup those allegation with some sort of proof.
5. I had a real conversation with JDA guys whom I knew for a long time before any of you guys. I made it clear what kind of people they are dealing with publically in their forum they were entitled to it, they are welcome to consider my statements and throw it out.
6 Maybe I am an idiot but that doesn't change any facts about your alliance and allies.

6 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

If you worried about infra you ain't no COBRA. 

It's casualtites that matter, and Malabar has more than you. 

My nation:

Number of Soldiers Lost: 552,921 Attacking + 573,097 Defending = 1,126,018 Casualties

Roal's nation:

Number of Soldiers Lost: 649,482 Attacking + 906,364 Defending = 1,555,846 Casualties

Your nation (LMAO)

Number of Soldiers Lost: 63,212 Attacking + 128,799 Defending = 192,011 Casualties

Roal has like 400,000 more casualties in total than I do, but it's only because his Defending count is so high. Means he's always getting his ass kicked.

Your own casualty count is pretty impressive... For a child.

But we all know you love Roal.

Why don't you just join him.

I dare you, Ellen. 

High defending casualties tends to just mean you've been nuked a lot. Roal's 2:3 ratio is perfectly reasonable. For reference, I'm about 1:2 and I've done a good chunk of damage in my time, more than I've taken.

Still, Roal's an idiot. I was more criticizing the NG war record here; there are indeed limits to freedom of expression, but for someone from NG to criticize AM over their behaviour in this war is a remarkable highlight of hypocrisy.

3 hours ago, Haflinger said:

High defending casualties tends to just mean you've been nuked a lot. Roal's 2:3 ratio is perfectly reasonable. For reference, I'm about 1:2 and I've done a good chunk of damage in my time, more than I've taken.

Still, Roal's an idiot. I was more criticizing the NG war record here; there are indeed limits to freedom of expression, but for someone from NG to criticize AM over their behaviour in this war is a remarkable highlight of hypocrisy.

Yes. Been getting quite the history lesson about what NG thinks of differing opinions