An announcement from The Templar Knights

Blackatron

6 hours ago, Steve Buscemi said:

This is the absolute worst call-out thread.  You should be ashamed of yourself, TTK, all that Afterbirth all over your face.  I suggest as punishment you visit NG's forums to see proper callouts.

My callout of Koning Xander for sending his cold weather to me was pretty epic. 

4 hours ago, Neo Uruk said:

yes pal we get it you declared a war

you aren't making a case that you're not a hypocrite, you still said [x] action was wrong and now you are saying [x] action is right

Joining Non Grata often makes people see the truth. It also makes your scalp shiny and helps to regrow hair. Just don't ask where it makes you regrow hair.

So, maybe TTK should ask to join NG so they can see the value of treaties? IDK.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Noctis Lucis Caelum said:

I wonder how alliances like IRON and Sparta really feel about this?

It will be interesting to see if this war is what causes the first cracks in Oculus. No Bloc lasts forever.

At this point in the game,  I suspect Oc will survive longer than CN. 

Also...who cares what Sparta thinks.

1 hour ago, Duderonomy said:

My callout of Koning Xander for sending his cold weather to me was pretty epic. 

Joining Non Grata often makes people see the truth. It also makes your scalp shiny and helps to regrow hair. Just don't ask where it makes you regrow hair.

So, maybe TTK should ask to join NG so they can see the value of treaties? IDK.

be sure to hit the link in my sig on the ng forum

44 minutes ago, Captain Enema said:

be sure to hit the link in my sig on the ng forum

I learned long ago not to click strange links in the NG forums. Especially from gentlefolk that have been in 3 page flame fights with me. It is a policy that has served me well.

If you have a problem with me, please post to the NG recruitment thread and make it as erudite as TTK's. Despite my gripes, Blackotron can use the English language.

On 2/18/2017 at 8:20 PM, Mogar said:

What's truly sad is I don't even consider anyone in Oculus to be my enemy beyond NG at the present moment, I just find it odd they find this more enjoyable than an actual war.

Reslly?  It's NG we are talking about - they will take either a full war or glorified shark week.  Why be picky.

On 2/19/2017 at 11:39 AM, Immortan Junka said:

ODoAPs serve a certain strategic flexibility that alot of older alliances overlook. 

Maybe we will see some changes in TTK and CRAP' relations after this.  Who knows.  Up to them.

On 2/19/2017 at 0:25 PM, Cress said:

You mean the flexibility whether to bandwagon or to stay out of a curbstomp?

Exactly.  

18 hours ago, Van Hoo III said:

I guess I appreciate the sentiment, but why didn't you just declare? That would have struck me as far more honorable and respect-worthy than a call-out.

Not wanting to run head-first into Oculus doesn't make sense. That would happen either way, to be honest. If you declare, you're at least jumping in on your own terms 

Yeah TTK!

i mean clearly this is exactly what The Bear Cal. Is planning in their thread here.  I, for one, am looking forward to seeing TBC show you how it is done right.

14 hours ago, BringMeTheHorizon said:

I too would do the honorable thing of looking at a group of people kicking the !@#$ out of my friends, saying come fight me alone, bro, instead of actually helping my friends.

The honorable thing is to talk with one's allies and work out a plan.  If that has happened here I am not going to be too judgmental.  If it has not, it is between them.  

9 hours ago, Steve Buscemi said:

This is the absolute worst call-out thread.  You should be ashamed of yourself, TTK, all that Afterbirth all over your face.  I suggest as punishment you visit NG's forums to see proper callouts.

I support TTK going to the NG forums and calling them out there in NG's preferred language.  I'n sure they will return the favor andI support that as well.  OWF can be somewhat limiting. 

Have fun.  Overall, I think the above call out is acceptable and the discussion interesting.

Edited by White Chocolate

1 hour ago, White Chocolate said:

Yeah TTK!

i mean clearly this is exactly what The Bear Cal. Is planning in their thread here.  I, for one, am looking forward to seeing TBC show you how it is done right.

But ... we're mysterious. There is no telling what we might do. No telling, I say!

Edited by Van Hoo III

12 hours ago, Neo Uruk said:

yes pal we get it you declared a war

you aren't making a case that you're not a hypocrite, you still said [x] action was wrong and now you are saying [x] action is right

Caliph is just trying to have a good time. Cut him some slack, jack!

6 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

Exactly.  

Worth pointing out that the Imperium generally doesn't request military assistance during lopsided wars (i.e. Polar War and Plutocratic War). MDoAPs are generally not worth it unless at least one partner has the ability to deter a serious hegemonic attack.

Edited by Immortan Junka

7 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

Reslly?  It's NG we are talking about - they will take either a full war or glorified shark week.  Why be picky.

Maybe we will see some changes in TTK and CRAP' relations after this.  Who knows.  Up to them.

Exactly.  

Yeah TTK!

The honorable thing is to talk with one's allies and work out a plan.  If that has happened here I am not going to be too judgmental.  If it has not, it is between them.  

I support TTK going to the NG forums and calling them out there in NG's preferred language.  I'n sure they will return the favor andI support that as well.  OWF can be somewhat limiting. 

Have fun.  Overall, I think the above call out is acceptable and the discussion interesting.

I accept cupcakes, tech and land 

I just can't quite understand why anyone would turn down war when it was served to them on a platter.  You even have the usual Afterbirth mass PM to shield the squeamish.  And I'm not even goading you, TTK.  I'm being legit serious there.  Win or lose, the world is dying, you can either dig deeper into the ground hoping it won't reach you, or come out and enjoy the radioactivity.  Some of the best years I had here were in losing wars.

I mean you'll totally win here TTK, trust me.  I'm a famous celebrity.

20 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Someone should do this, it'll be hilarious.

Sir, people seem to be quite salty over the fact that you decided to join the winners, instead of sit on the sideline with the whiners. They seem to fail to understand that you had your fight with us, shook our hands, and we all moved forward in life. 

1 hour ago, Lysergide said:

Sir, people seem to be quite salty over the fact that you decided to join the winners, instead of sit on the sideline with the whiners. They seem to fail to understand that you had your fight with us, shook our hands, and we all moved forward in life. 

Yeah, we fought, made up, and have moved on.  Its not like my joining one side or another is going to suddenly make them win everything.

7 hours ago, Caliph said:

Someone should do this, it'll be hilarious.

I had a look it wasn't that hilarious, it was rather cringe worthy reading posts by you wailing like a little girl.

Here's a pair of flip flops for your views:

ia175_1_cloudzoom.jpg

I have largely avoided responding thus far, both due to busyness and lack of real things to say, however to clear up one or two points:

23 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

Essentially this. If an alliance under attack feels its treaty partners aren't honouring their obligations then it is on them, not the peanut gallery, to do something about it. Though as a matter of fact I have communicated quite a bit with CRAP, everything is fine between us.

Interestingly such appeals to "doing the right thing" and "morality" don't happen in other cases, for example no one really said anything when TTK, Legion and SUN sat out of the "For Steve" War, likewise the people now complaining about inaction did not do so when ODN did not defend STA, FTW did not defend NEW, NSO did not defend Kashmir (or at least I can't really remember them). However there were complaints from certain people when DK did not defend Kashmir, which makes me think that the reality isn't that people are upset by alliance not honouring treaties, but that they're annoyed when the intended target of the war does not enter.

13 hours ago, Steve Buscemi said:

I just can't quite understand why anyone would turn down war when it was served to them on a platter.  You even have the usual Afterbirth mass PM to shield the squeamish.  And I'm not even goading you, TTK.  I'm being legit serious there.  Win or lose, the world is dying, you can either dig deeper into the ground hoping it won't reach you, or come out and enjoy the radioactivity.  Some of the best years I had here were in losing wars.

This is a completely reasonable statement, except for the fact that we have used mass PM, when an alliance on your side of the conflict has PM'd a much larger proportion than we have or intend to. No one in TTK is under any delusion that this war won't reach us, and yes we know the world is dying, which is honestly why this was put out as anything but a joke announcement; if most people don't really care anymore (I know you certainly don't) why not do something stupid like a 1v1?

On 21 February 2017 at 2:41 PM, Duderonomy said:

Despite my gripes, Blackotron can use the English language.

Engrish?

9 minutes ago, Blackatron said:

if most people don't really care anymore (I know you certainly don't) why not do something stupid like a 1v1?

NG cares about their pixels. Probably saving it up for the final Oculus civil war or something like that.

1 minute ago, Stewie said:

You really don't know NG do you...  losing our pixels is the only reason we exist

In that case a 1v1 is a perfect opportunity to show the world NG's might, I mean I am sure you guys are not having that much fun right now attacking CRAP and GOD right?

1 minute ago, Roal36 said:

In that case a 1v1 is a perfect opportunity to show the world NG's might, I mean I am sure you guys are not having that much fun right now attacking CRAP and GOD right?

More than you'd imagine. What's not to like about free tech and land

1 hour ago, Blackatron said:

Interestingly such appeals to "doing the right thing" and "morality" don't happen in other cases, for example no one really said anything when TTK, Legion and SUN sat out of the "For Steve" War, likewise the people now complaining about inaction did not do so when ODN did not defend STA, FTW did not defend NEW, NSO did not defend Kashmir (or at least I can't really remember them). However there were complaints from certain people when DK did not defend Kashmir, which makes me think that the reality isn't that people are upset by alliance not honouring treaties, but that they're annoyed when the intended target of the war does not enter.

You can't start a thread based on the claim that NG suffers from "crippling cowardice", and then act surprised when others point out what appears to be your own cowardice.

You also seem to be suffering from a significantly flawed view of CN history. Only one of your examples actually had a treaty obligation to fight:

1. Your treaty with Sparta was non-chaining, and NADC entered on an oA with Sparta; Legion is the one apt example you've mentioned; SUN had a defensive treaty with NADC, and, as I've already stated, they entered on an oA.

2. STA declared on NPO in defense of of TPF, an ODN MD ally, and their treaty was an MnDoAP

3. FTW had allies on both sides, and hit one of the few AAs they could. These type of situations are always complicated.

4. Kashmir was paperless, and their somewhat informal agreement with a few AAs was purely optional. In fact, the optional nature of the agreement was the expressed purpose of having an informal agreement and not a treaty.

5. The same goes for DK's ties to Kashmir, who effectively merged with LC during the war, which then entered on Kashmir's behalf and got rolled.

Edited by Abshire
Inadvertently omitted FTW response