One year anniversary of our Love of NPO

HailSatan

18 hours ago, Lady Red said:

I've bolded the only part of your argument that mattered then. It's also the only bit that matters now.  

I reached out to multiple alliances to build relationships and possible treaty. I was only success full with MI6. NPO saw this, decided they were bored and rolled us.

Why should I put anymore effort into this game when NPO can just say "no you're not going to do that" whenever they want?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, leeguy said:

I reached out to multiple alliances to build relationships and possible treaty. I was only success full with MI6. NPO saw this, decided they were bored and rolled us.

Why should I put anymore effort into this game when NPO can just say "no you're not going to do that" whenever they want?

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You don't get to keep or make friends when you ditch out of a war to roll NPO at your earliest possible convenience. Nor do you get to feign outrage when NPO then dumps your sorry asses to the curb after the fact. TPF showed themselves to be self serving cowards while the rest of us threw down until the very end. You want to know why MI6 was the only friend you could get? That's why. You were both cut from the very same cloth.

11 hours ago, leeguy said:

Why bother with excuses when you can just leave it at "not wanting to put forth the effort" ?

You do it, or you don't.

Edited by Terekhov

4 hours ago, Caustic said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You don't get to keep or make friends when you ditch out of a war to roll NPO at your earliest possible convenience. Nor do you get to feign outrage when NPO then dumps your sorry asses to the curb after the fact. TPF showed themselves to be self serving cowards while the rest of us threw down until the very end. You want to know why MI6 was the only friend you could get? That's why. You were both cut from the very same cloth.

Yawn. To this day I've fought more days of war at NPO's side when they were getting curb stomped than any 4 members of your alliance ever will. Other than that..don't care. I'm about 600 nukes deep in the punks and it's lovely. 

13 minutes ago, Vol Navy said:

Yawn. To this day I've fought more days of war at NPO's side when they were getting curb stomped than any 4 members of your alliance ever will. Other than that..don't care. I'm about 600 nukes deep in the punks and it's lovely. 

And that makes it OK? You ditched out when you were needed most, and then threw a tantrum over getting dumped for it. I'm all for righteous indignation when it's deserved but your martyrdom is just tragic in the worst way.

Nukes are part of a balanced breakfast. Despite your depriving us of tech for a whole year, we're still firmly holding the most. Let me borrow from your book with a "yawn".

In the meantime, we'll continue to enjoy your very slow execution. We couldn't get better training/exp for our lower tiers. :laugh:

On 2/17/2017 at 5:11 PM, Lady Red said:

FAN raped NPOs lower tiers.  For the five minutes I've spent looking at what's left of your AA, it's seems you're basically just humping their leg.  

Our leg is kinda high for them. They're having to settle with humping our jackboots.

Edited by DeathAdder

On 2/26/2017 at 11:45 AM, leeguy said:

Why should I put anymore effort into this when NPO can just say "no you're not going to do that" whenever they want?

Because you could have actually done something worthy of your members and your legacy had you, at some point in the last seven years, decided to put the effort in. After Karma, when an NPO treaty was akin to standing on a street corner and selling patches that give you herpes,  if we had taken the TPF philosophy our disbandment would have happened likely sometime in 2012. We did the work, and now here we are. 

I know you've spent a year developing this victim mentality, but the reality is you weren't chained in a basement by the evil NPO.  You road a treaty as long as you could on the grounds of history, loyalty and a trivial amount of active NS because it was easier then going out and forging a path of your own.  We did you a disservice, not disconnecting much earlier than we did.  You responded by destroying your own membership with no real result to show for it.  Good job.  

3 hours ago, Lady Red said:

Because you could have actually done something worthy of your members and your legacy had you, at some point in the last seven years, decided to put the effort in. After Karma, when an NPO treaty was akin to standing on a street corner and selling patches that give you herpes,  if we had taken the TPF philosophy our disbandment would have happened likely sometime in 2012. We did the work, and now here we are. 

I know you've spent a year developing this victim mentality, but the reality is you weren't chained in a basement by the evil NPO.  You road a treaty as long as you could on the grounds of history, loyalty and a trivial amount of active NS because it was easier then going out and forging a path of your own.  We did you a disservice, not disconnecting much earlier than we did.  You responded by destroying your own membership with no real result to show for it.  Good job.  

Yep we should have dumped NPO a long time ago.

On 2/26/2017 at 7:11 PM, Caustic said:

-insert generic Poison Clan rhetoric here-

Ok

On 2/26/2017 at 10:05 PM, Caustic said:

And that makes it OK? You ditched out when you were needed most, and then threw a tantrum over getting dumped for it. I'm all for righteous indignation when it's deserved but your martyrdom is just tragic in the worst way.

Even most of our enemies don't question how loyal we were to NPO for years and years and years.  Some claims toward us might bother me, but this one doesn't it's just so totally off base. 

15 hours ago, Link Gaetz said:

Even most of our enemies don't question how loyal we were to NPO for years and years and years.  Some claims toward us might bother me, but this one doesn't it's just so totally off base. 

Yeah, you were loyal for years and then in an instant $%&@ed them (and the rest of us) over in an absolutely spectacular way. You can obfuscate the truth all you want, but it doesn't change what happened. You ditched out of a war against NPO at the earliest possible time and left the rest of us to foot the bill. And you wonder why you got dumped for those of us who stuck by them? What you did in the past is was completely nullified by that one massive act of cowardice and self preservation.

32 minutes ago, Caustic said:

Yeah, you were loyal for years and then in an instant $%&@ed them (and the rest of us) over in an absolutely spectacular way. You can obfuscate the truth all you want, but it doesn't change what happened. You ditched out of a war against NPO at the earliest possible time and left the rest of us to foot the bill. And you wonder why you got dumped for those of us who stuck by them? What you did in the past is was completely nullified by that one massive act of cowardice and self preservation.

TPF reluctantly went to bat again for NPO in that war. I tried to convince Roadie to stay out given their history of always defending NPO, the deteriorating relations and the fact TPF could have activated the non chaining clause in their treaty. I have no doubt if the roles were reversed NPO would have done so. Roadie felt obligated to defend given their long history with NPO. TPF withdrew a month into the war because they wanted to get STA out. Right or wrong that was a month longer than NG got out of IRON. It is every NGer's right to hold a grudge towards TPF if they choose, I just find this a tad misplaced given that IRON ignored their mandatory defence clause in your treaty and had the fire power (unlike TPF) to actually tip the scales from curb stomp to winnable.  Anyhow carry on gentlemen, I felt compelled to point out to the few remaining nation leaders in this realm that it was IRON, much more so than TPF, that screwed over NG and your coalition "in an absolutely spectacular way"

Edited by conistonslim

I don't dispute IRON's culpability in !@#$@#$ over NG in that conflict. I don't think anyone on their current council would argue otherwise. Here's what it boils down to, I caused that war by handing out a very valid CB but you think NG was actually the target? Come on, you're smarter than that. Chef $%&@head and friends wanted a revenge shot at NPO and I just happened to give them an easy in. 

The central argument that TPF had no obligation under a non-chaining clause is completely moot when it was NPO that was the primary target.

Edited by Caustic

3 minutes ago, Caustic said:

I don't dispute IRON's culpability in !@#$@#$ over NG in that conflict. I don't think anyone on their current council would argue otherwise. Here's what it boils down to, I caused that war by handing out a very valid CB but you think NG was actually the target? Come on, you're smarter than that. Chef $%&@head and friends wanted a revenge shot at NPO and I just happened to give them an easy in. 

The central argument that TPF had no obligation under a non-chaining clause is completely moot when it was NPO that was the primary target.

What in my comment led you to believe I thought NG was the primary target? Those are your words not mine. TPF/NPO relations were already strained at that point, I was trying to convince roadie to look at the big picture, that NPO/TPF was already done, that TPF were hanging on due to nostalgia and NPO were hanging on because TPF was an asset.  TPF could have stayed out of the war and suffered minor PR damage given the number of times they defended NPO and dissolving the treaty after the war. That scenario would have given them a better position to pursue whatever FA plans they had in mind.

And the outcome would have been exactly the same. They chose to align themselves with a completely poisonous trash alliance that was always under the gun.

1 minute ago, Caustic said:

And the outcome would have been exactly the same. They chose to align themselves with a completely poisonous trash alliance that was always under the gun.

That is a matter of opinion. I think they would have been in a much better position post war if they had just sat out. I never understood HS's thinking aligning with MI6 was a better option than just sitting tight... but yeah I thought at the time signing MI6 was about as dumb an FA move as they could have made. 

Just now, conistonslim said:

Not really, if they have better options as I suggested they don't sign MI6 which was a desperation signing.

TPF wasn't the only one to walk that same road ... The variance between our two paths being that we actually signed with them after being dropped instead of before (although the reason we were dropped was because we signed them .... Time paradox) ...

2 hours ago, Caustic said:

I can't tell you how many times we got our asses tanned for the sake of NPO, how many times we stuck in losing wars until they got peace. You know what we got in return? Very little if anything, I can't think of many instances where we were significantly better off for being allied to NPO, so you can $%&@ right off with that "we owed it to you". We made sacrifices for NPO, and as for the rest of you - TPF was never happy fighting alongside the crappy allies NPO had been buddying up to, and we were even less happy with being told what to do and just being expected to fall in line. We didn't owe them a damn thing, and we sure as $%&@ didn't owe you anything either.

The mistake in your thinking is that TPF didn't expect what was going to happen when we signed a treaty with MI6. Certainly we thought NPO might defer to other allies, and that the DoW might have been handled in a more professional manner, but otherwise it went about as expected. 

Edited by memoryproblems

Apathy isn't an excuse. If you were that unhappy you should have cancelled. And ffs your return on investment for the relationship is directly on you. And just lol at "crappy" allies. We took your place, and did it far better :)

Edited by Caustic

37 minutes ago, Caustic said:

Apathy isn't an excuse. If you were that unhappy you should have cancelled. And ffs your return on investment for the relationship is directly on you. And just lol at "crappy" allies. We took your place, and did it far better :)

NPO's new(ish) meatshield. Congratulations.

Edited by leeguy