One year anniversary of our Love of NPO

HailSatan

1 hour ago, Mogar said:

What would your definition of fighting be then? Who is left on this planet that could serve as a challenge to NPO by themselves that isn't already an ally of yours several times over?

Nobody can defeat NPO in a one on one.

Nobody could defeat Umbrella in its prime 1 on 1.

Same with MK and TOP at their prime.

None of them could lose a 1 on 1, and they didn't lose in a 1 on one.  All were defeated by huge coalitions of nations.  Umbrella lost EQ to the bigest coalition in history, and yet won the upper tier war.  TOP lost in a huge coalition.  NPO in Karma lost to a huge coalition.  

The thing is nobody is going to be fighting NPO in a one on one and expect to win.  If anyone hits NPO it will be with a coalition and the promise of current allies of NPO to suddenly become non allies and join the war against NPO, like what happened in Karma with alliances leaving Continuum and attacking NPO and its allies.

And Karma was different.  In karma where were actual power blocs outside of NPO's allies, namely C&G and Superfriends, which had enough NS and power to pose a threat and were able to turn NPO's allies against thmem.

There does not exist a similar power grouping outside of Oculus presently.  And the NS just isn't there.  There was more NS in SF and C&G (comprably) back in karma than there exists outside of Oculus.  There would need to be an Oculus civil war for anyting remotely similar to happen, and that isn't happening.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Caliph said:

There would need to be an Oculus civil war for anything remotely similar to happen, and that isn't happening.

I am fully aware my friend, even though I'm likely to be the target of the next war of Boredom, I can only hope it will quicken the pace of Oculus actually allowing those grudges that numerous members have among each other to actually surface.

You guys are likely going to need help from the rest of the web if you want to win an Oculus civil war without taking major statistical losses, perhaps not constantly rolling those not signed to said paper would provide you with an advantage going into that conflict.

Edited by Mogar

3 hours ago, Mogar said:

You have to acknowledge they at least have more spirit than the majority of your enemies, since rather than ally you they're actually fighting.

A fundamental problem has always been that few folks like an actual knock down drag out fight and that problem has only gotten worse in recent years.  As each day goes by I'm more pleased that I'm not part of the stagnation that is choking this place off.  Will we change things in a major way around here or knock NPO off its perch?  No, of course not.  But we're having fun and there's something more to do that accumulate pixels, which is more than most folks can say in recent years. 

1 hour ago, Caliph said:

None of them could lose a 1 on 1, and they didn't lose in a 1 on one.  All were defeated by huge coalitions of nations.  Umbrella lost EQ to the bigest coalition in history, and yet won the upper tier war.  TOP lost in a huge coalition.  NPO in Karma lost to a huge coalition.  

The thing is nobody is going to be fighting NPO in a one on one and expect to win.  If anyone hits NPO it will be with a coalition and the promise of current allies of NPO to suddenly become non allies and join the war against NPO, like what happened in Karma with alliances leaving Continuum and attacking NPO and its allies.

And Karma was different.  In karma where were actual power blocs outside of NPO's allies, namely C&G and Superfriends, which had enough NS and power to pose a threat and were able to turn NPO's allies against thmem.

There does not exist a similar power grouping outside of Oculus presently.  And the NS just isn't there.  There was more NS in SF and C&G (comprably) back in karma than there exists outside of Oculus.  There would need to be an Oculus civil war for anyting remotely similar to happen, and that isn't happening.

I think they need a better PR approach than valentine hearts to convince anyone in Oculus it's worth trying to roll NPO. So I agree this isn't going to make it happen.

1 hour ago, Caliph said:

Well lets face it, that's due to allies letting each other hang out to dry isn't it, how many alliances in the last two years have turned their backs on allies when NPO came knocking, NPO are very smart, they hit the weakest link and when they are gone they hit the next and then the next, Look when Bones and Co was hit, all those allies Bones was meant to have and only one alliance had the balls to step in the rest found a reason to stay out and protect their infra.

Wonder what DBDC will do now, NPO upper tier has grown massively, their allies upper tier has also grown massively, wont be long now before NPO and Co. takes DBDC down unless DBDC has already bent over to grab that soap for NPO.

9 minutes ago, Noctis Lucis Caelum said:

I think they need a better PR approach than valentine hearts to convince anyone in Oculus it's worth trying to roll NPO. So I agree this isn't going to make it happen.

Not what we're up to, though it would certainly be the most interesting thing to happen around here in a very long time.  But, hey, when nothing ever happens, I guess people need to engage in idle speculation.

11 hours ago, Devialance said:

Well lets face it, that's due to allies letting each other hang out to dry isn't it, how many alliances in the last two years have turned their backs on allies when NPO came knocking, NPO are very smart, they hit the weakest link and when they are gone they hit the next and then the next, Look when Bones and Co was hit, all those allies Bones was meant to have and only one alliance had the balls to step in the rest found a reason to stay out and protect their infra.

Wonder what DBDC will do now, NPO upper tier has grown massively, their allies upper tier has also grown massively, wont be long now before NPO and Co. takes DBDC down unless DBDC has already bent over to grab that soap for NPO.

Well even NPO sat down and took a few for the team.  

NPO didn't come knocking until much more recently, after Oculus.

And the allies that Bones and co were supposed to have?  Bones cancelled the treaties himself, at least was the case in DBDC when he cancelled our MD treaty.  Bones created that situation, not DBDC, and its why DBDC still has an upper tier and SPATR doesn't.  

DBDC helped make the upper tier situation and has treaties with most of Oculus, so the only bad t hing is there just aren't that many targets in the upper tier anymore for DBDC to raid since a lot are in Oculus or Oculus allies.

55 minutes ago, Blackatron said:

You are assuming he is talking about actual meaningful politics which will change the stale dynamics of our world, he is not.

People who do nothing complaining about those of us that do, never change CN... never change :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Caustic said:

People who do nothing complaining about those of us that do, never change CN... never change :rolleyes:

People who complain are often those who ARE willing to do something, surrounded by many who aren't willing.  Making the "something" frequently a futile and vain suicide effort, that they reasonably turn away from (usually).  I found that truth a very long time ago, when there was s*** actually worth fighting for.

The difference is that now there isn't even anything worth fighting for.  If the entire rest of the world came together at once to oppose Oculus, they would still lose.  In more realistic (but still unrealistic) scenarios, it is even more Dire.  There is no nuance to the mechanics, an outgunned opponent has no tactics or strategy to inflict any sort of real cost on the enemy.  There is no room for war heroes to emerge from skill.  And in this era of the exsanguination of nations, there is no future to hold out for.

All that is left is to do a suicide charge on the spreadsheet stats of a bigger foe, or to quit.  Or to sit around collecting back taxes every 2 weeks while patiently waiting in line to get steamrolled, I guess is what some of us chose.

Just now, HeroofTime55 said:

This applies to literally everyone with an active account here.

I activated this account special to tell an old friend that if he wanted his alliance to remain dead and utterly forgotten, he doesn't actually have to try this hard.