Farkistan celebrates the 10th anniversary of the Great Green Light

Moose Hole

10 years ago today, a fledgling alliance got a big boost from a green-lit post on Fark.com.  It led to a massive influx of membership, and a time of strife.  The alliance was thrust into opposition from nearly every side, and had to learn the hard way how to become a decent alliance.

In the spirit of taking advantage of the inexperienced, below is an exchange between a hopeful Aqua Team Senate candidate and members of Farkistan.

Spoiler

Each member of Farkistan received this message from Pres of Muncie:

To: l2eaper    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 1/29/2017 2:57:53 PM

Subject: Vote for me?

I am Pres of Muncie, and I am trying to gain a seat on the Aqua Team Senate, and I am asking you for your support. As I am sure you know, the team Senate votes on various proposals that can have great effects on your nation. Nearly every nation that holds a seat on it's teams senate is a very old and established nation, and as such, has their own interests, and the interests of their fellow large nations at heart, and not the interests of small nations like you and myself. For too long this has been the case, and it has lead to an environment that makes it difficult for smaller nations to gain power.

As an Aqua Team Senator, I will promise to vote for any and all proposals that will benefit the small and developing nations on our team, to allow for the best possible environment for growth and prosperity.

I hope that I can count on your vote in the ongoing senate elections. With your help I can be a voice for you.

Pres of Muncie
Aqua Team Senate Candidate

This sparked the following.

To: Pres of Muncie    From: Moose Hole    Date: 2/1/2017 12:28:33 PM

Subject: RE: Vote for me?

I have a proposition for you too. The smaller nations of Farkistan (FARK AA) are constantly oppressed by the hegemony.

We need a way to overthrow these fascist overlords, but we don't have enough power to do it directly.

What we really need is some sort of distraction so we can position our resistance effectively. This is where you and your alliance comes in.

If you could each send a message containing the following text to the following message IDs within the next 3 days, we can progress to the next part of the plan.

Please don't let them know who I am, they think I'm on their side. I appreciate your support.

Nation IDs to send messages:

Message text:
Your "questions" lately are bordering on insubordination.

To: Moose Hole    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/1/2017 1:16:37 PM

Message: Thank you for your support I really appreciate it! Can you clarify exactly what you want me to do? I would gladly support you in your efforts, but it is unclear to me exactly you want me to do and what your goals are, I would just like to have some clarification.

To: Pres of Muncie    From: Moose Hole    Date: 2/1/2017 1:24:32 PM

The hegemonic forces in Farkistan are hyperfocused on putting down any internal opposition. We need some sort of diversion, something to make them freak out a little, so that the pressure is off for a little while. At that point, we have measures in place to seize control of the alliance in support of the masses.

You can help by sending the message to the specific nations I listed, from as many people as you can muster. It will cause internal discord, exactly what we need to fulfill our goals.

Don't worry about military retaliation. Most of your alliance are too small for the hegemony to attack even if they wanted to. And even if they could, I have enough political capital to make sure it doesn't come to that.

To: Moose Hole    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/1/2017 2:57:25 PM

Message: Ok, I will try to get as many of our nations to message them, and I will myself, so long that you can promise me that there will be NO military conflict whatsoever, our two strongest nations are currently being defeated in a war and we cannot afford to deal with attacks again. However in your original message you said that you voted for me ("Ok, I voted for you. Good luck!"), but according to your Nation Activity (http://www.cybernations.net/nation_activity.asp?Nation_ID=182127):

"Moose Hole voted for souparmon of Whiskeyland in the Aqua team senate election. Utilizing Political Lobbyists, Moose Hole allowed souparmon to receive 2 votes instead of the usual 1 vote."

So before I take action the action, I need to know why you said that you voted for me, when you did not. I do not mean to sound accusatory, I'm just want to be safe to protect my alliance.

To: Pres of Muncie    From: Moose Hole    Date: 2/1/2017 4:04:11 PM

I need souparmon in a senate position in order to secure this coup. When I become supreme leader of Farkistan, you will be well rewarded for your efforts.

As an act of good faith, I will send money to you and two nations of your choosing.

Again, please to NOT inform anyone on the list of my involvement. Doing so would be a disaster for the resistance.

2/1/2017 4:04:31 PM

"Not a bribe"
Team: Aqua

Coldy
Ruler: Moose Hole
Fark    

Republic of Muncie
Ruler: Pres of Muncie
Blackjack and Hookers    
$6,000,000
0 Tech
1 Soldiers

To: Moose Hole    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/1/2017 4:49:15 PM

Message: Ok, I'll do it, and I'll spread the word to other members of the alliance too. As for the other users that I would like you to offer the aid to, I choose Nick Traeger of Shangri La, and BSU Ass Slapper of Funcie. But why did you list the reason as "not a bribe"? Won't that make it very easy to trace it back to you?

To: Moose Hole    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/1/2017 4:55:43 PM

Message: If at all possible, do you think you can send the aid to Nick Traeger in 100 tech instead of cash, he just had some tech extorted out of him in our war and he wants it back.

To: Omarius Zombonicus    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/1/2017 5:12:47 PM

Subject: Hi.

Message: Your "questions" lately are bordering on insubordination.

To: cable77    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/1/2017 5:13:33 PM

To: oneeightytwo    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/1/2017 5:15:06 PM

To: Decide R Inchief    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/1/2017 5:15:53 PM

To: jsobota    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/1/2017 5:18:04 PM

To: Moose Hole    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/1/2017 5:19:38 PM

Message: Ok, I sent all of them out my self. And I informed some trusted members of my alliance.

To: Pres of Muncie    From: jsobota    Date: 2/1/2017 8:29:12 PM

Subject: RE: Hi.

Message: I don't know who you are but you better start explaining.

To: jsobota    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/1/2017 8:48:58 PM

To: Pres of Muncie    From: Arcane    Date: 2/1/2017 9:41:08 PM

Subject: Listen

To: Arcane    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/1/2017 9:58:03 PM

Subject: RE: Listen

To: Pres of Muncie    From: Arcane    Date: 2/1/2017 10:23:01 PM

Message: I believe these have been mentioned. I unfortunately can't say anything more.

To: Arcane    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/2/2017 5:15:06 AM

To: Pres of Muncie    From: Omarius Zombonicus    Date: 2/2/2017 5:25:36 AM

Why do we never get an answer
When we're knocking at the door
With a thousand million questions
About hate and death and war?

EOM
HRH OZ

To: Pres of Muncie    From: Decide R Inchief    Date: 2/2/2017 8:10:55 AM

Message: You have chosen poorly. When the splitters have been dealt with, your role in assisting them will be investigated.

To: Moose Hole    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/2/2017 2:34:02 PM

Subject: FW: RE: Hi. (I think we've been caught)
-----Original Message-----
Date: 2/2/2017 8:10:55 AM

Body: You have chosen poorly. When the splitters have been dealt with, your role in assisting them will be investigated.

2/2/2017 3:24:37 PM

"No reason. Move along."

Coldy
Fark    

Funcie
Ruler: BSU Ass Slapper
Blackjack and Hookers    
$6,000,000
0 Tech
1 Soldiers

To: Pres of Muncie    From: Moose Hole    Date: 2/2/2017 3:28:15 PM

Message: Nick Traeger has too many aid offers so I can't send him anything.

I don't think anyone would investigate something that explicitly states that it is NOT a bribe.

Thank you so much for your assistance. Decide R Inchief is one of the most vile, insolent little underlings I've ever had to deal with. When I become supreme leader, he will bow to me, as will all the other little pieces of &%$@ in my alliance. They will rue the day they messed with Moose Hole! And they'll also rue whatever your alliance is called.

To: Moose Hole    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/2/2017 5:13:17 PM

Message: I mean saying that it isn't a bribe gives them more reason to, but whatever. This whole thing is seeming kinda fishy to me tbh.

To: Pres of Muncie    From: jsobota    Date: 2/2/2017 7:15:42 PM

Message: Who sent you? Are you going to help with the celebration?

To: jsobota    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/2/2017 7:29:16 PM

To: Pres of Muncie    From: cable77    Date: 2/2/2017 8:56:56 PM

Message: They told me you had been brought into the plan and you'd know how to contact me. How do I know that you can be trusted?

To: cable77    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/2/2017 10:04:07 PM

To: cable77    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/3/2017 7:42:03 AM

Message: Again, I need to know who "they" is, like a specific user name

To: Pres of Muncie    From: Moose Hole    Date: 2/3/2017 1:22:23 PM

Message: You dare compare me to a fish? Understand one thing. You and your alliance are my peons, bought and paid for, and I will not tolerate insolence.

I can get you senate votes, but you will have to comply with my plans before I can make that happen. Our empire will be built on the backs of so many tiny nations, squirming in the dirt hoping for a scrap of a proposal they can use. Just you wait, we will rule this entire world before the decade is out.

To: Pres of Muncie    From: Arcane    Date: 2/3/2017 1:36:03 PM

Message: Hey...I thought my aid came through was "secret", but I think anyone can see it. If anyone asks, you and I are just doing a tech deal. I'm stuck now between two opposing factions in Fark and don't want to end up on the wrong side. This is getting very bad.

To: Moose Hole    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/3/2017 5:37:22 PM

To: Pres of Muncie    From: cable77    Date: 2/3/2017 7:12:19 PM

Message: Look, the less you know the better. Just go along with Moose Hole's plan and keep it to yourself. And don't even think of betraying us. This is going to be really big. Trust me you have NO idea who Moose Hole actually is. You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

To: Moose Hole    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/3/2017 9:32:37 PM

Message: I am ALL for supporting you, I just want to be sure that I will not be getting myself into a situation that could be potentially harmful to my nation, and more importantly my alliance. I just would like to know more about what is going on, why you picked me, what all I am expected to be doing.

To: Pres of Muncie    From: Moose Hole    Date: 2/6/2017 12:12:27 AM

Message: Hey guess what? It worked. The entire hegemonic force of Farkistan is in chaos. Now is time for phase 2.

What I need for phase 2 is for you to get as many people as possible to vote for souparmon of Whiskeyland as senator. They're trying to overthrow him and they'll never expect this move.

After phase 2 is complete, I'm going to make sure you get a ton of votes and whatever other support you and your alliance needs.

The rebellion will achieve victory, and you are playing an integral part in the process. Thank you for your service!

To: Pres of Muncie    From: l2eaper    Date: 2/6/2017 2:33:41 AM

Subject: You have chosen the wrong side
Message: My informants inside the Farkistan Rebellion have informed me that you are assisting in their plans to overthrow the duly erected officials of Fark.

If this assistance does not stop immediately, the government of Fark will have no choice but to brand you and your alliance as enemies of the state.

Although you can make amends of this situation, all i would need you to do is to send a message to a couple people for me. They will know what to do if you follow my instructions.

The nation id's that would need to be messaged are
and

All you need to send them is the following phrase

"The deer has broken the fence again"

Upon receiving that phrase, they will know what to do.

On behalf of the Fark Government loyalists, thanks.

To: Pres of Muncie    From: l2eaper    Date: 2/6/2017 2:37:43 AM

Subject: One thing i forgot in the last message
Message: I forgot to say, if you chose to help us, please continue to keep contact with the others, and do not inform them that i have made contact with you.

To: Pres of Muncie    From: jsobota    Date: 2/6/2017 8:56:32 PM

To: Moose Hole    From: Pres of Muncie    Date: 2/9/2017 11:55:43 AM

Message: Gereat! Can you send the 6mil you promised Nick Traeger now.

2/9/2017 12:31:19 PM

"Not a bribe"    

Coldy
Fark    

Shangri La
Ruler: Nick Traeger
Blackjack and Hookers    
$6,000,000
0 Tech
1 Soldiers

To: Moose Hole    From: Nick Traeger    Date: 2/9/2017 12:53:15 PM

Subject: Thank You!
Message: I appreciate you keeping your word even after this long!

I really appreciate this gesture you gave to us.

Cheers,

To: Nick Traeger    From: Moose Hole    Date: 2/9/2017 1:37:20 PM

Subject: RE: Thank You!
Message: Of course! I also appreciate the support you've given the Farkistan Resistance Movement.

Now that Phase 2 is starting, things are really going to pick up.

To: Moose Hole    From: Nick Traeger    Date: 2/9/2017 2:51:50 PM

Subject: RE: Thank You!

To: Pres of Muncie    From: Moose Hole    Date: 2/10/2017 11:49:12 AM

Subject: Things are getting weird
Message: Hello. Lately there has been a lot of backlash and 'questions' flying around in the Farkistan hegemony.

In order to counter any suspicions of bribery and to cause further distraction, I need you and the rest of your alliance to change your national religions to Voodoo.

I understand that this may cause some problems on your end. If anyone needs help maintaining their nation due to this change, please apply for a Voodoo compensation package with
Outkast of Wills (289350).

The application must contain your nation's name, ruler, and current religion, interspersed in that order.

For example, if "Super Nation" ruled by "Honcho" and religion "Voodoo" wants to apply, then send a message to Outkast of Wills containing only the text:
"SHVuoopnoecdrho ooNation"

This will allow you and your members to gain financially, as well as cause undue processing attention and resource drain on the Farkistan hegemony.

2/11/2017 11:16:33 PM

"Not a Bribe: Pres Muncie"   

Arcania
Ruler: Arcane
Fark   

Honorem
Ruler: Noahjing200
Blackjack and Hookers   
$6,000,000
0 Tech
1 Soldiers

We thank Pres of Muncie for being a good sport.  As Supreme Leader® of Farkistan, I offer his alliance, Blackjack and Hookers, a Farkistan Aggression Pact (FAP)!  The FAP, if accepted, allows any member of Blackjack and Hookers to declare war on any member of Farkistan!  Doing so will be seen as an act of war between the alliances and may trigger further pacts and incur sanctions.

Congratulations Farkistan for 10 years of getting taken advantage of! of which advantage was taken!

® Not an official title.

Edited by Moose Hole
Remove extraneous spoiler tags.

• 2 weeks later...