D1 DoW

We got lazy and fat fluffy over the festive season.

mbhBwub.jpg

Lioness Kathie has been working us over-time to get us back in shape and beat the Christmas bulge fluff.

RVVsO55.png

Now we're hungry... and the only things on the menu are coyotes and wolves.

dHcIRPI.gif

DEFCON 1 declares war on Alpha Wolves and Digital Combat Soldiers

DEFCON 1

Members: 33
Total NS: 641,717
Avg NS: 20,054
Nukes: 5

+25k: 10

+20k: 7

+15k: 7

+10k: 6

-10k: 2

Alpha Wolves/Digital Combat Soldiers
Members: 40
Total NS: 631.915
Avg NS: 15,797
Nukes: 16

+25k: 5

+20k: 6

+15k: 9

+10k: 16

-10k: 4

Good luck to everyone involved!

10 minutes ago, RoadRash said:

I'm really so sick of these wars 

The way the stats are, it's almost certain that's how it would play out unless alpha wolves coalitioned against D1. I personally look at you, malkavion, and al as very good veterans. Borderline all-star line up.

Truth be told, AW is probably the biggest early round threat to D1... it's writing on the wall.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

no i agree that there arnt much options and definitely am not upset with D1 I’m just really tired fighting the same people 

i just gave a fast look at LH post about capping membership..

it really would be so much better with more alliances and less wales…

i have to say also that it is the fault of myself and other long term players that we do not do more and break the the world up little bit …

it might be a good idea for all the vets to come together and break down steve into an old school pick team .. I’m not much for leading anymore but maybe before we let TE go down the same path every round we all come together  and figure something out …

good luck to all in this skirmish and may the casualties build ….

and thank you LH for the compliment :)

RR

56 minutes ago, RoadRash said:

no i agree that there arnt much options and definitely am not upset with D1 I’m just really tired fighting the same people 

I'm pretty sure we all are. But let's look at the scenario had it been different, D1 bypasses AW and then spreads out on all the other alliances.

This was tried before, TDO bypassed D1 and basically hit the rest of planet steve. It really stagnated the round and that was leaving NLoN and Citidale untouched (which if that same scenario would occur today, it would include every other alliance on steve).

The only other option is to recruit more players to TE (which is hard). I may shoot  sent Calidin and Letum a PM and asked them to bring back Eurasia (that's really the only other option if we're talking 'big whales') next round, or ask Evil Cazaric to reform TDO (ewwww) or get War Doves rolling again. It would help a little. I think the way to keep TE consistant round-after-round is to follow the model of Order Parodixia.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

47 minutes ago, RoadRash said:

i have to say also that it is the fault of myself and other long term players that we do not do more and break the the world up little bit …

it might be a good idea for all the vets to come together and break down steve into an old school pick team .. I’m not much for leading anymore but maybe before we let TE go down the same path every round we all come together  and figure something out …

RR

I actually had a discussion about capping membership the other day, but we came to the conclusion that the powers that be aren't as interested in the game as they once were and it probably won't go ahead. There's also the issue of alliances still being one but separated and also the way things are currently set everyone has their own group of friends and things will most likely resort back to this. And of course there's activity, most people aren't as active nowadays and I for one wouldn't have the time to run another alliance.

But if you want to suggest it, I'm sure the majority of us will back it? 

I, for one, would very much support the idea of capping membership in alliances. As it currently stands, there are only three alliances with significant membership, and one (D1, with 33 members) with considerably more than any other single alliance. The reality for D1 is that they will never get the chance to fight a 1v1 war under current conditions, because the opposition needs to be in a coalition in order to match their statistical strength. If we were to cap alliances at 12 (two static trade circles), we could get six or so alliances from D1, AW and DCS. Add in the four alliances that currently have ~12 members apiece, and we are looking at ten medium-sized alliances, as opposed to the current setup. Sure, it may be difficult to separate yourself from your traditional allies, but over time it would happen. And I believe if an alliance continued operating as a single unit over multiple alliances, they would be quickly rolled by the rest of the world who are interested in making Planet Steve interesting again. 

And as for the idea of Evil Cazaric reforming TDO, I can't see that happening. The whole reason we disbanded is because we were bored, and that was in a time when there was marginally more going on in TE than currently, heh. That said, if we did cap alliances, I would possibly see what I could do about bringing back the name. 

yeah i really don’t want to lead again but if it was to give steve a better way of life i would reform NDO .. it would definitely take the collective of older ,veteran players to make it work…..

49 minutes ago, Cazaric said:

the opposition needs to be in a coalition in order to match their statistical strength. 

I certainly think there are ways to match 'statistical strength', but 'statistical strength' doesn't necessarily mean 'equal strength'. For example, the current war is very much 'even' on paper, but the whales have so many more top teir nations that it really doesn't make it challenging. For D1 to find that challenge they'd have to cherry pick the top teir in every alliance. TDO had a similar challenge.

49 minutes ago, Cazaric said:

Sure, it may be difficult to separate yourself from your traditional allies, but over time it would happen. And I believe if an alliance continued operating as a single unit over multiple alliances, they would be quickly rolled by the rest of the world who are interested in making Planet Steve interesting again.  

I 100% agree with this and witnessing alliances band together would be relatively transparent after a few rounds. And with a 12 alliance cap it would have a better chance at being handled. It's no secret that D1 and RE have held a decent bond. And it's really hard to break it. But if D1 were 3-4 alliances, it would be hard for something like that to hold.

29 minutes ago, RoadRash said:

yeah i really don’t want to lead again but if it was to give steve a better way of life i would reform NDO .. it would definitely take the collective of older ,veteran players to make it work…..

I am in agreement here. If you look at the alliances now, most all of them have numerous veteran players. This also poses a huge challenge for new alliances forming on Steve. I have combed through every alliance and have seen familiar faces. Most alliances (most) have what I would consider an 'all-start' line up. Perhaps diluting the veterans (having them lead) a little more, would be beneficial, especially for the occasional new blood mixing in. With the smaller numbers and forcing more personable relations, it would make the new blood learn faster (better) and perhaps even cause a slight increase in retention.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Well you can simply push the Capslock button on your keyboard. Simple as that. The more you press the button the more you are capping. Keep doing it and feel the power again, if that's what your alliances are missing :)

Good luck etc etc.. 

o/ D1

i need to apologize for running a dirty spy op on HG and Horotio .. i just assumed my government was changed when i looked at my messages it was actually just 2 attacks on my threat level .. 

i welcome the government change on the next round of spy attack on my nation and with that i also hope you accept my apology 

coffee before attacks next time lol 

again I’m sorry 

RoadRash 

On 23/01/2017 at 0:42 AM, RoadRash said:

RR

It's unfortunate we have to fight again but as you've stated RR, this was the only option for us, we hit the next strongest alliances and everyone got a decent amount of time to prepare. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for breaking the world up, last round Seal Team 6 was our initiative to split D1 cos we wanted more teams around the same size competing and all I'll say is it never worked out for us so we have no plans to try it again at this point.

7 minutes ago, RoadRash said:

i need to apologize for running a dirty spy op on HG and Horotio .. i just assumed my government was changed when i looked at my messages it was actually just 2 attacks on my threat level .. 

i welcome the government change on the next round of spy attack on my nation and with that i also hope you accept my apology 

again I’m sorry 

RoadRash 

It's no big deal, mistakes happen but I'll let Horotio decide if we should use equal force, he has a no blockade rule so you might get lucky and he has a no dirty op rule as well, I guess you'll find out. :P

Cheers RR

4 hours ago, RoadRash said:

again I’m sorry 

RoadRash 

I understand, and I don't want to see any more dirty opps on either side.

Lo there do I see my father; Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers; Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call me, they bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

Clean fun fight, good luck rebuilding.