Friend on shared WIFI

General Gorgoth

Hey, I've just got my friend to join CN but since he's my flatmate at college he's on the same network and when I tried to send him a tech deal to help him set up I got a message saying "

This aid agreement would result in a potential rule violation due to multiple accounts and is not allowed at this time. " Is there any way around this or do I have to get him to delete his account or what?

So long as you are both based on the same wi-fi network you guys cannot trade/aid with one another, I was quite surprised to see that this message existed recently when I tested it out on a nation also operated on my network by a friend.

You don't have to get him to delete or anything drastic, but you won't be able to help his nation directly. Perhaps ask an IC friend who is also a tech buyer to do so on your behalf?

From the game's terms and conditions:

4. By using this service you agree not to cheat in the form of abusing the war system, foreign aid system, trade system with multiple accounts controlled by the same user. You agree not to create more than one player account in this game and understand that by creating or accessing more than one account you will be in violation of these terms and conditions. As of 7/2/2014 multiple accounts on the same computer network are allowed, as long as the accounts are controlled by different players. No interaction (war, trade, foreign aid, etc..) between players on the same network is allowed either directly or through 3rd parties (ie. no sending foreign aid to someone who is not on your network who then sends foreign aid back to someone who is on your network). Moderation will still investigate multi account abuse and will continue to reserve the right to remove rule violators from the game. Account sitting is only allowed for a limit of 70 days (10 weeks) when reported in the nation sitting thread in the Moderation section of the Cyber Nations forums.

On 1/14/2017 at 11:54 PM, General Gorgoth said:

Ah thank you Mithrandir. I have no idea how you view the terms and conditions outside of creating a nation.

When you are at http://cybernations.net, there's a link to it in the footer, at the bottom right corner of the page.

On 1/17/2017 at 7:24 AM, Sentinel said:

When you are at http://cybernations.net, there's a link to it in the footer, at the bottom right corner of the page.

Ah I see it next to the forums link, I guess I just kind of ignored it after playing the game for almost two years, XD Thanks Sentinel