A brief note from GATO

1 hour ago, kerschbs said:

Hello old man. Still in the land of the living I see!

Well.... most of us are on the Geritol and walking around on canes but the neat thing is you never who is going to show up when.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, we have been through more drama than daytime TV is allowed to air but we are still here. Popcorn, coke, peanuts, and all.

Happy Anniversary GATO!

No, as Emperor of IAA during the war I can confirm Moo was a total ahole. They even went so far as to forge IRC logs because Mary said it wasn't an issue if we used peacemode to restock nukes and re-enter the fight I forgot, nukes weren't "allowed" either. :rolleyes:

Yes, I literally got EZI'd over using peacemode. NPO wouldn't give us peace unless we accepted a Viceroy and I admitted to a lie. 

We opted to disband.

Edited by Immortan Junka
Forgot about nukes

5 hours ago, Haflinger said:

The DragonsPhyre version of the 1V-GATO story is interesting. I still think Moo was probably bluffing, as he was about the peace mode nations, but sadly we can't ask him anymore.

One of the few GATO nations who got into peace mode before the decree was forced to extra individual terms upon GATO getting peace. We fully believed that nukes would turn GATO into a FAN situation (which he didn't have the war chests for) and we fully believed the PM decree (as shown what happened to IAA and some of our nations.) Signing the PIAT (protectorate? I don't remember now) was also a term of getting the viceroy removed.

12 hours ago, Haflinger said:

The DragonsPhyre version of the 1V-GATO story is interesting. I still think Moo was probably bluffing, as he was about the peace mode nations, but sadly we can't ask him anymore.

He definitely didn't seem like he was and the rest of the Pacifican government at the time made it abundantly clear that they were carrying it out as a war of extermination until told otherwise. We had a few in peace mode and I recall at least one opted for removing themselves from the equation over it. krabs pointed out the one that did have to agree to extra terms - those nations were not automatically given peace like the rest of us. Eventually, I'm sure we would have resorted to nukes once we reached the real breaking point, but that felt like it was going to resign us to a FAN-style situation we just weren't prepared and able to handle at the time. The treaty we signed at the end was a condition for release, yes, one we don't regret signing these days.

Funny. It was a total cluster$%&@ but I haven't seen such active unity or cooperation in GATO before or since. Such is the way of things.

On 2017-01-15 at 0:30 PM, Immortan Junka said:

No, as Emperor of IAA during the war I can confirm Moo was a total ahole. They even went so far as to forge IRC logs because Mary said it wasn't an issue if we used peacemode to restock nukes and re-enter the fight I forgot, nukes weren't "allowed" either. :rolleyes:

Yes, I literally got EZI'd over using peacemode. NPO wouldn't give us peace unless we accepted a Viceroy and I admitted to a lie. 

We opted to disband.

NPO was under pressure from Valhalla to get you back then. Not that they didn't go along with it willingly, but that's why you were targeted and CSN/USN (who also used dove) got off relatively easily.

• 5 weeks later...