A brief announcement from LPCN

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say it's extremely poor form of you who are wishing him ill at this point. We don't know what's going on but it's very unlike him to be away this long and there may well be something seriously wrong on his end. Bury us if you will, but do it fairly, don't start your victory dance on a body disconnected from self-awareness.

5 minutes ago, Sigrun Vapneir said:

I must say it's extremely poor form of you who are wishing him ill at this point. We don't know what's going on but it's very unlike him to be away this long and there may well be something seriously wrong on his end. Bury us if you will, but do it fairly, don't start your victory dance on a body disconnected from self-awareness.

Honestly this seems like poor damage control. Maybe there are OOC issues, and if so I doubt any ruler here wishes any ill upon him, but from where I'm sitting it just seems like his nation is broke and his AA dead whilst his coalition collapses so he quit the game.

11 minutes ago, Sigrun Vapneir said:

6081349_d6c5d33e4cdfe559050bfd72d1a426d7

You don't have to go there. My statement was strictly In Character. 

SNX did a decent job of cleansing this world of a foul presence.

Basking in his defeat is a formality at this point.

Edited by General Kanabis

We didn't want to fight Methrage, but he waged yet another war of aggression against us, and hit three of my mid-tier members still rebuilding from the Plutocratic War. 

We contacted several perceived leaders in LPCN, including Sigrun, to try to work out a peace agreement since we knew Methrage was nearly broke:

To: Rukunu    From: Immortan Junka    Date: 10/24/2016 12:10:04 AM

Subject: Negotiations

Attn: Sephiroth

If you are willing to negotiate peace on behalf of Animalz and Limitless Nexus, message me back and we can arrange something separate from the coalition war against Monsters University.

I don't expect you to accept terms that are excessively harsh, but we want some sort of assurance you will leave our membership alone in the future. 

Tk0Rahl in particular was pissed about being attacked while he was rebuilding and we don't need a repeat of this nonsense down the road.

Hopefully we got the message across that we are not to be messed around with for no reason.

Will await your reply.

Regards,
Junka

Unfortunately we received no reply from Sephiroth, and Sir Kindle promised "eternal war" against us in a rant in our embassy, so I feel we have been completely reasonable in dealing with our enemies. 

At the same time, however, they are our enemies and we will go to whatever lengths necessary to protect and defend our membership against aggression.

Oh look, the person most responsible for the mess finally shows up, but doesn't actually take responsibility for it.

Sigrun, you have backed LPCN this entire time. Now you show up to ask us to mourn Methrage and pretend like none of this has happened. And you're running for the Senate to carry on....what....his legacy of insanity? Your legacy of backing rogues while pretending to be noble and detached?

To hell with Methrage. To hell with him. I wish to bury his lunatic corpse and then organize a parade of everyone who wishes to take a leak on his grave. It's a very, very long list, too. I may run out of paper for invitations.

Is that clear enough?

Oh, and to hell with you, too.

You want to re-join the community of civilized nations? Apologize for backing the lunatics, offer restitution to those whom you have harmed, and then shut up. Until that day comes -- and it won't, because you refuse to see what you've done -- may you join Methrage in oblivion.

Exactly which alliances are backing this announcement?

A look at Sigrun's nation shows it has 4 senate votes. Of those, three come from Confederatio Aesir members, and one comes from the owner of Goon Order of Neutral Shoving. Is the underlying message then that LPCN now consists of CA and GOONS?

I mean, if you want to dislodge Hardin from Brown senate, more power to you. But really, wouldn't it make more sense to funnel your votes toward someone with a chance? He's got 22 votes.

The Monster Mash coalition isn't at war with LPCN. We don't declare war on blocs. We're at war with the collection of alliances that launched unprovoked wars against us, with the probable soon exception of LN once Meth leaves this world forever. CA didn't do that, since this time it lacked the backing of large alliances, and now appears to be trying to bait people into attacking it so it can claim a defensive war. You didn't destroy Kashmir last time Sigrun, eventually you will learn that's not how this whole war thing works.

The rationalist in me - in, it seems, all of us here - contends that it matters little who did or did not found the LPCN, aNiMaLz has as much of a stake to that seat as you do. Does charter mandate that you're the heir or is aNiMaLz just regarded as second-class citizens within the Party?

Edited by SirWilliam
*typo

On 2015-06-08 at 4:57 PM, Sephiroth said:

donttreadonmenexus420b_zpsb1460fe4.jpg

Announcement from the Libertarian Party of Cybernations & Limitless Nexus

I would like to thank all my supporters, who have helped me gain a seat in the Senate. Together we can make Brown the first Libertarian Team; where Freedom is valued above all else. I hope moving forward more Senators and nations will no longer vote based on the short sighted interests or grudges of their alliance; but instead on the selfless goal of making freedom prevail above all else. Libertarianism is a political philosophy that upholds liberty as its principal objective. Liberty is good for everyone, we're all better off if we recognize everyone's right to have freedom; rather than everyone ending up with less freedom as a result of everyone trying to suppress the Freedom of those they dislike or disagree with.

In addition to wanting to express my thanks to all my supporters who helped make this win a reality, I'm also pleased to announce the establishment of the Libertarian Party of Cybernations. Nations are free to join the Libertarian Party of Cybernations regardless of alliance affiliation and support Liberty. Currently the Libertarian Empire is the only Senator we are running.

Manifesto of the Libertarian Party of Cybernations

1. What's the problem? The problem is that trade and aid sanctions are used as weapons, and used casually and disproportionately against micros and unaligned nations. The problem is that our liberty, our freedom of association and our freedom of commerce are routinely infringed.

2. What's the solution? Within the material realities of Cybernations, the solution is to do the same thing the large alliances do - band together to defend our interests in the senate. We must create a Libertarian Party in Cybernations.

3. Pursuant to that, the signatories will set up and maintain a forum, select candidates, and then work to elect them.

4. Senators who run under our platform and are elected will be committed to using their powers to defend the liberty, specifically the freedom of association and freedom of commerce, of all party members on the sphere.

5. Alliances or nations who wish to become party members must be willing to move to Brown & vote for Libertarian Senators.

Founding Signatories,

Methrage, King of the Libertarian Empire
Sigrun Vapneir, Sovereign of Confederatio Aesir
xoindotnler, Sovereign of Rjvkmsc
Nicholai, Sovereign of Libertarian Norway
Sir Kindle, Sovereign of the New American Kingdom
Kaznawim, Soveriegn of wreytweyewuyeyewyyry
RUKUNU, Sovereign of fordlandia

That's the announcement that founded LPCN.

Sigrun has never posted an LPCN announcement before this one (if this is, in fact, an LPCN announcement).

Sigrun is listed second among the founding signatories, so perhaps has some claim to seniority if order matters. But that doesn't sound very Libertarian. Xoin is no longer in LPCN; I believe Nicholai has left this world. Kaznawim is now in Avalanche and voted for Sephiroth in the election, hasn't voted for Sigrun yet. Sir Kindle voted for Hardin. RUKUNU voted for Sephiroth. Both Kindle and RUKUNU are in Animalz.

Is the situation clear now ... to anyone? Certainly not me.

3 minutes ago, Haflinger said:

Sigrun has never posted an LPCN announcement before this one (if this is, in fact, an LPCN announcement).

Sigrun is listed second among the founding signatories, so perhaps has some claim to seniority if order matters. But that doesn't sound very Libertarian. Xoin is no longer in LPCN; I believe Nicholai has left this world. Kaznawim is now in Avalanche and voted for Sephiroth in the election, hasn't voted for Sigrun yet. Sir Kindle voted for Hardin. RUKUNU voted for Sephiroth. Both Kindle and RUKUNU are in Animalz.

What's clear is that LPCN needs to go. 

Nicholai is still around. 

38 minutes ago, SirWilliam said:

The rationalist in me - in, it seems, all of us here - contends that it matters little who did or did not found the LPCN, aNiMaLz has as much of a stake to that seat as you do. Does charter mandate that you're the heir or is aNiMaLz just regarded as second-class citizens within the Party?

I think it is pretty clear that for all their talk of "exploitation" (regarding SNX, KoRT, et cetera) Animalz member are the ones being exploited by the LPCN leadership for their votes.

18 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

What's clear is that LPCN needs to go. 

LPCN is gone, or should be, if anyone identifying as LPCN holds a senate seat this time next month everyone in SNX, GATO and Atlas just needs to shoot themselves in the head.

2 hours ago, Haflinger said:

CA didn't do that, since this time it lacked the backing of large alliances, and now appears to be trying to bait people into attacking it so it can claim a defensive war. 

[Mostly OOC] I think this kind of represents the whole problem with people not being willing to take risks in this world and avoiding confrontation between major players, CA is financing rogues at war with a coalition of alliances that include allies of ODN, Umbrella and NPO, as well as other major alliances, this is a clear aggressive act, and yet seemingly everyone in your coalition is happy to ignore it simply because they are protected by NG. Why? Are people scared to hurt their feelings? Are they the biggest AA in the game? Did they start telling other Oculus AAs what to do at some point? As is frequently pointed out the game may not have that much longer left, why ignore such a blatant CB like this? (To be clear this isn't aimed at you or LC specifically, just making it in response to this post because it is the first one to bring this issue up.)[/OOC]

26 minutes ago, Blackatron said:

I think it is pretty clear that for all their talk of "exploitation" (regarding SNX, KoRT, et cetera) Animalz member are the ones being exploited by the LPCN leadership for their votes.

LPCN is gone, or should be, if anyone identifying as LPCN holds a senate seat this time next month everyone in SNX, GATO and Atlas just needs to shoot themselves in the head.

[Mostly OOC] I think this kind of represents the whole problem with people not being willing to take risks in this world and avoiding confrontation between major players, CA is financing rogues at war with a coalition of alliances that include allies of ODN, Umbrella and NPO, as well as other major alliances, this is a clear aggressive act, and yet seemingly everyone in your coalition is happy to ignore it simply because they are protected by NG. Why? Are people scared to hurt their feelings? Are they the biggest AA in the game? Did they start telling other Oculus AAs what to do at some point? As is frequently pointed out the game may not have that much longer left, why ignore such a blatant CB like this? (To be clear this isn't aimed at you or LC specifically, just making it in response to this post because it is the first one to bring this issue up.)[/OOC]

Just to be clear ODN and umbrella are also in this coalition 

1 hour ago, Haflinger said:

Sigrun acted as banker for this collection of misfits, acquiring the protection of Non Grata and, therefore, all of Oculus in the process. Staking all of one's capital on a known lunatic would normally be considered a risky venture. That's why I tried and tried -- and failed and failed -- to get Sigrun to see where this would end up.

But no, I was wrong and bitter and angry and had somehow gone off the rails.

And now Sigrun wants to say, "Oh hey, this isn't what we were all about. Just an accident. Everything's fine. I'm in control here."

I have never enjoyed an 'I told you so' moment more than I'm enjoying this one.

11 hours ago, Sigrun Vapneir said:

Ok that's your second pompous post in this thread. Who are you and why am I supposed to care?

You used to be moderately important, similar to honorable mention in a pie eating contest at some point. Now your just a has been that is only running two things.... Jack and crap, and jack left town.

Edited by eviljak

2 hours ago, SirWilliam said:

Methrage used to effectively claim sovereignty over Animalz, and claimed back in January that leaving LPCN is "treason" and that SNX offering Animalz an alternative relationship was tantamount to poaching. So during the first War on Terror we never consider Animalz a sovereign alliance, and classified them a subordinate AA.

Edited by Immortan Junka

4 hours ago, kingzog said:

Sigrun acted as banker for this collection of misfits, acquiring the protection of Non Grata and, therefore, all of Oculus in the process. Staking all of one's capital on a known lunatic would normally be considered a risky venture. That's why I tried and tried -- and failed and failed -- to get Sigrun to see where this would end up.

But no, I was wrong and bitter and angry and had somehow gone off the rails.

And now Sigrun wants to say, "Oh hey, this isn't what we were all about. Just an accident. Everything's fine. I'm in control here."

I have never enjoyed an 'I told you so' moment more than I'm enjoying this one.

I read this as attack CA, so I did, because Zog.