Invicta's New Boss

Jorost

As some of you might have already heard, in recent days there has been a change of power in Invicta. With the senior leadership busy with the details of the transition, they have been unavailable for public comment and, as a result, many wild stories have started to circulate. So before I introduce our new leader, let me take a moment to lay some of these stories to rest:

• Rotty, our erstwhile president, is neither dead nor in a coma being maintained by life support. Please be assured that his life functions continue to operate as they always have, which is to say adequately. A man of his physical health and fitness could easily expect to live to see 45.
  • Rotty was not removed from power for abusive drunkenness, nor was there anything resembling a "coup." Those are scurrilous rumors being circulated by enemies with a hidden agenda. Do not give them any credence.
  • President Gunn, aka Nascar, has not undergone a sex change. He remains a woman trapped in an incredibly effeminate man's body.
  • Rumors of my descent into addiction and mental illness are highly exaggerated. On most days I am alert and aware for at least six hours.

With that out of the way, I would like to turn to one of my more pleasant duties as Lord Protector of Invicta, and that is the naming of a new President of Invicta. As is our tradition, this is largely a formality, wherein the outgoing president names his successor and I give my rubber stamp. But never have I been so pleased to break out that rubber stamp.

Invicta's new president is a longtime member, leader, social presence, and my good personal friend. Some know him as the Beard, to others he is King Biscuit of Ovencia, but to one and all he shall henceforth be known as the President of Invicta. May his his term be a long and glorious one!

As is our tradition (by which I mean I just invented it), the new president will be serving cookies and sweetmeats in Invicta's public reception hall. Don't be afraid to bug him about it.

/s/ Jorost of the Invicta Crownlands, Lord Protector of Invicta