Skyfall

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, kingzog said:

Ego didn't "kill the project." Ego was the project.

Every single one of the pro-MI6 posts reads exactly the same.

"MI6 was awesome. Oh sure, we may have alienated everyone, but that's just because we were so great." And then there's talk about how someone's inflated head was the real problem.

MI6 = Quite possibly the least self-aware membership I've ever seen.

MI6 alienated people because for the longest time it was led by someone who tried to manipulate everyone and couldn't do it. Then when it finally wasn't led by Chim he was still out doing his own thing and had enough backing to make every gov member get pissed and leave or go inactive.

11 hours ago, kingzog said:

"MI6 was awesome. Oh sure, we may have alienated everyone, but that's just because we were so great." And then there's talk about how someone's inflated head was the real problem.

We alienated "everyone" because we wouldn't sit there and take our beating like the good little boys and girls the world wanted us to be. Yes we had egos, and hubris. Without those what's the point in playing? Once we were cut from the trunk, there was nothing we could have done to turn around and rejoin that group; quite frankly, none of us wanted to. Oculus' obsession with MI6 ensured no path back to immediate power, so we did what we wanted. Maybe aspirations for power is a foreign concept for you, but in the end we never achieved what we wanted. Doesn't mean it wasn't a great !@#$@#$ time.

I won't comment much on Chim and the previous wars, but I will say I did have a modicum of sympathy for MI6, right up until having to deal with the wonderful conversations to be had on your forums with Charles et al. trying to see what the hell happened.  I recall something about 20 pieces of silver and making yourselves out like a crucified messiah.  I returned the favor with an affectionate invitation to Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

At that point, it was pretty easy to just stop caring about what actually happened to you.  The view I had as non-high gov was that Chim was actively looking for making a move on us post-war as a vendetta.  I generally take the Ender's Game view of how you deal with enemies like that.  Maybe you didn't see it that way, maybe the info didn't filter down to you, but whatever could theoretically have been salvaged was lost right about there with letting all outside contact be through the worst elements in your membership list.  

I say all that having some affection for a few members, active and former, of MI6.  The frustration was seeing it become an echo chamber, where "What if Umbrella is plotting to roll us?" becomes "Let's prepare war games for Umbrella rolling us" to "Let's get Umbrella to burn against Doom etc" a la the April announcement about Operation Goliath or whatever.  

If someone is going to hate you for the long haul, you might as well embrace their hate and make sure they never have a chance to act on it.  I am happy to see we did exactly that, though I lament the people who evidently *weren't* in on all this being dragged along with it by your leadership.

On 9/22/2016 at 3:34 PM, Haflinger said:

Wait, is Myth now complaining about other people being disloyal?

Irony meter blowing up, right here. Where's Anu Drake when you really need him?

I've been called a lot of things, but disloyal isn't one of them. 

3 hours ago, Devilyn Caster said:

We alienated "everyone" because we wouldn't sit there and take our beating like the good little boys and girls the world wanted us to be. Yes we had egos, and hubris. Without those what's the point in playing? Once we were cut from the trunk, there was nothing we could have done to turn around and rejoin that group; quite frankly, none of us wanted to. Oculus' obsession with MI6 ensured no path back to immediate power, so we did what we wanted. Maybe aspirations for power is a foreign concept for you, but in the end we never achieved what we wanted. Doesn't mean it wasn't a great !@#$@#$ time.

This.

Umb wanted to be slimy snakes. Not our fault they wanted to be slimy snakes.

The rest of yall are just cowards.

15 hours ago, kingzog said:

Hey you can turn off the party line no one cares what you think anyway, the game is dead.

Just now, IYIyTh said:

Hey you can turn off the party line no one cares what you think anyway, the game is dead.

Turn off what party line? When I returned to this place some time ago there was MI6: big, proud and for some reason disliked by many, many people. I realized that it was your own public persona that gave you this reputation, but I accepted the invitation to visit MI6 to 'dispel the rumors' anyway. To my complete non-surprise, turned out some of you were just the way you portrayed yourself. Shocking.

Also, what's more pathetic....the guy who hasn't left, or the one who rises from the grave to defend his dead alliance?

32 minutes ago, kingzog said:

Turn off what party line? When I returned to this place some time ago there was MI6: big, proud and for some reason disliked by many, many people. I realized that it was your own public persona that gave you this reputation, but I accepted the invitation to visit MI6 to 'dispel the rumors' anyway. To my complete non-surprise, turned out some of you were just the way you portrayed yourself. Shocking.

Also, what's more pathetic....the guy who hasn't left, or the one who rises from the grave to defend his dead alliance?

idk only one of us seems to really care enough to make the distinction

31 minutes ago, Crownguard said:

...it would generally fit with the response about being martyred for others.

normally when you fight for an alliance and levy reps on an alliance like NPO at the behest of your allies like Umb you don't expect them to seek a way to destroy you immediately after the war.

our mistake

7 hours ago, Gibsonator21 said:

MI6 alienated people because for the longest time it was led by someone who tried to manipulate everyone and couldn't do it. Then when it finally wasn't led by Chim he was still out doing his own thing and had enough backing to make every gov member get pissed and leave or go inactive.

nah chim was bad at long term planning and excessively obsessed with minor powers but mi6's greater problem was that the game as a whole died five years ago

there's no initiative/fight in anyone, even people who claim to control the game. If people cba to do anything meaningful to support themselves, the idea that someone would reach out to an otherwise ideal challenge to the power structure is also moot.

Everyone allied each other instead and called it gg.

Edited by IYIyTh

I got kicked out of NATO for pissing off the OOC friendship circle when I didn't roll over for one of their large nations who was incredibly dense. NATO's leadership at the time rightly viewed me as a threat to their circle jerk and a general nuisance, and having recently tied for their MoD position w/ Colossus ( anu drake broke the tie in favor of Colossus who would go on to become inactive a week later right before the UJW, and appointed a lackey thereafter) were very eager to be rid of me and cater to the extra NS. If anything NATO wasn't loyal to me, and NATO has been a shell/stagnant since that time. I think that was also 8 years ago so you're really digging deep there. What do you know of NATO? Of king tom, wolverine, pameshelu? Folks I have had contact with for far longer and far more recently than you have been spouting your nonsense who as founding members of NATO would toss it farther than your half sack of !@#$ of worth. Even lnk would chalk it up to personality/ideological conflict with folks in charge rather than disloyalty to the alliance and I routinely had it out with him over IA policy, and he's the only semi-active NATO person who would have any recollection anyway. so yeah get bent.

Edited by IYIyTh

A better example of disloyalty would be IRON where MCRABT openly abused council authority to remove me and continued to pass failed policy to lick boots. On the bright side it led to MCRABT's eventual downfall and another nail in the coffin for actual good non OOC SKYPE jerk people to leave IRON. Apparently launching more wars in defense of IRON than nearly any other in that war matters not if you're not kissing enough ass or couldn't tolerate enough OOC harrasment from Non Grata/ horribly insufferable jokes. Then again IRON never really did give a !@#$ about their lower tier vs Polar so I guess this one's debateable as to who was disloyal to who if we're automatically assuming leadership who are politically motivated to remove you from an alliance do so is disloyalty or petty politics.

You should mention MHA where I was going to win the triumvirate election and the day nominations were to go up was banned from the forum by the forum admins/executives who then we're ironically betrayed by umbrella in hilarious fashion for crimes they wanted to pin on me but just looked like garbage afterwards, despite me warning them it was coming. Never forget: Julia Rose Vicious -- worst Triumvir of ALL time.

Most leadership in this game left is entirely inactive/irrelevant because more often than not they lack any leadership quality except wanting to be your OOC friend and are incapable of making decisions / being rational about / acknowledging at all any strategy. But they're nice  and entirely reliant on their equally inept friends for making important decisions so what could go wrong if they're given a shot? 

There's maybe a number of good leaders in this game that one can count on a hand, if that. The rest are basically turd fish feeding off scraps.

!@#$ half the folks people claim to exhibit good leadership are basically non sovereign submissive entities that barely exist outside of name.

Edited by IYIyTh