Skyfall

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, IYIyTh said:

I mean we literally burned for an alliance that we found out a few months later was actively plotting to roll us. I'm not sure how we didn't get screwed. Just because reality sucks doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Nope. You didn't burn for anyone but yourselves. Don't try to put your beef with Kaskus on us. Had you escalated just to spite us, it wouldn't have done much for you.   Us not wanting the war you're referring to stalled it for the longest time. It's hardly actively plotting for months when it only ends up happening when it does because you made cancelling the best option.

You were warned about the consequences of your posturing and you continued to do it. You alienated the only pro-MI6 people we had including me and MrHiott.  The distrust was palpable and you continued to double down on your scheming. Then the way you acted during the Kaskus war pushed it over the edge despite us having reason to cancel before. You were given too many chances. Anything between us after we dropped MI6 was  in part a consequence of you taking the stance of "we'lll obliterate Umb." We don't take those things lightly. The problem is the other alliances  who were in your position realized where they went wrong, but you always thought of yourselves as martyrs.

Edited by Monster

2 hours ago, Monster said:

Nope. You didn't burn for anyone but yourselves. Don't try to put your beef with Kaskus on us. Had you escalated just to spite us, it wouldn't have done much for you.   Us not wanting the war you're referring to stalled it for the longest time. It's hardly actively plotting for months when it only ends up happening when it does because you made cancelling the best option.

You were warned about the consequences of your posturing and you continued to do it. You alienated the only pro-MI6 people we had including me and MrHiott.  The distrust was palpable and you continued to double down on your scheming. Then the way you acted during the Kaskus war pushed it over the edge despite us having reason to cancel before. You were given too many chances. Anything between us after we dropped MI6 was  in part a consequence of you taking the stance of "we'lll obliterate Umb." We don't take those things lightly. The problem is the other alliances  who were in your position realized where they went wrong, but you always thought of yourselves as martyrs.

Most of MI6 had its eyes covered by Chim. MI6 membership had its own idea, Chim did his, and he had the power at the time.. That, along with your other allies' posturing led to that pov from us (along with various logs, and other !@#$ going on that I don't feel like trying to remember) that you were playing both sides and picked NG/Sengoku/IRON because they had more stats. Not to mention your history of picking the winning side.

fwiw, MI6 pound for pound would've slaughtered Umb. Luckily for you it never got to reach that point. One more winning/easy war and it probably would have. Probably another reason for that pov!

40 minutes ago, Gibsonator21 said:

Most of MI6 had its eyes covered by Chim. MI6 membership had its own idea, Chim did his, and he had the power at the time.. That, along with your other allies' posturing led to that pov from us (along with various logs, and other !@#$ going on that I don't feel like trying to remember) that you were playing both sides and picked NG/Sengoku/IRON because they had more stats. Not to mention your history of picking the winning side.

fwiw, MI6 pound for pound would've slaughtered Umb. Luckily for you it never got to reach that point. One more winning/easy war and it probably would have. Probably another reason for that pov!

Given there were attempts to show MI6 our other allies didn't really want to fight MI6/TOP, it shouldn't have been too hard to believe that we had no interest in having our allies rolled. Typically, we pick the side where we have the most treaties but we were really standing in the way of a war happening out of a sense of duty for the longest time. If you assume the worst, sometimes you will make it come true. Besides had you played your hand differently, it could have just been eating one global war loss instead of three like in TOP's case.

Um, MI6 was solidly mid tier and a decent chunk of you were just converted tech farms. It was never a sensible match-up, which is why you guys talking about coming after us was stupid after we dropped you and after taking a hit in the Kaskus war and just gave ammo to the "roll MI6" sentiment. It also made it easy for our mutual allies to drop you.  Thanks for the bravado, though. There is a reason almost every other alliance except MI6 in your coalition was able to make FA progress. 

3 hours ago, Monster said:

Given there were attempts to show MI6 our other allies didn't really want to fight MI6/TOP, it shouldn't have been too hard to believe that we had no interest in having our allies rolled. Typically, we pick the side where we have the most treaties but we were really standing in the way of a war happening out of a sense of duty for the longest time. If you assume the worst, sometimes you will make it come true. Besides had you played your hand differently, it could have just been eating one global war loss instead of three like in TOP's case.

Um, MI6 was solidly mid tier and a decent chunk of you were just converted tech farms. It was never a sensible match-up, which is why you guys talking about coming after us was stupid after we dropped you and after taking a hit in the Kaskus war and just gave ammo to the "roll MI6" sentiment. It also made it easy for our mutual allies to drop you.  Thanks for the bravado, though. There is a reason almost every other alliance except MI6 in your coalition was able to make FA progress. 

Just doing a drive by, if you honestly thought AZTEC didn't want a piece of TOP/Mi6 or that they were not going to support NG/IRON when the war started, you are nuts.

We all knew what the next war was going to be and you knew quite well what you were doing when you signed all of AZTEC and dropped Mi6.

To say otherwise is disingenious. 

Edit:  actually, iirc, Doom specifically stated the war wasn't about burning TOP but some AZTEC AA's had their own ideas and burned TOP pretty damn good, so yeah, you side switched spectacularly.

Edited by berbers

4 hours ago, Avakael said:

I assume stagger means if MI6 had been able to grow to be a statistical match for Umbrella. In which case, a victory for Umbrella would have been a difficult proposition indeed.

I have made no such claims.  My concerns are in the existential realm, not pointless materialism.

7 hours ago, Avakael said:

I assume stagger means if MI6 had been able to grow to be a statistical match for Umbrella. In which case, a victory for Umbrella would have been a difficult proposition indeed.

It was Gibsonator and it's stupid. Might as well talk about Monsters Inc or Invicta growing to be a statistical match for Umbrella. It wasn't going to happen. The point though is, it's moronic to openly talk about going after an alliance you share allies in common with when they are in more of a position to go after you. How you handled yourselves after the cancellation made it very easy to justify going after you.  In fact, this kind of bravado shows why you were poor losers and probably would have been poor winners too. Well I already know how you are when you win, so it's not really a mystery.

5 hours ago, berbers said:

Just doing a drive by, if you honestly thought AZTEC didn't want a piece of TOP/Mi6 or that they were not going to support NG/IRON when the war started, you are nuts.

We all knew what the next war was going to be and you knew quite well what you were doing when you signed all of AZTEC and dropped Mi6.

To say otherwise is disingenious. 

Edit:  actually, iirc, Doom specifically stated the war wasn't about burning TOP but some AZTEC AA's had their own ideas and burned TOP pretty damn good, so yeah, you side switched spectacularly.

Given this kind of thinking has been openly contradicted by AZTEC officials and as far as I can recall no AZTEC AA officially hit TOP, you are wrong. You have no idea how much differently things could have turned out. 

Maybe you had your hopes for what the war would be, but at the time we signed DT/AB, most who were anti-TOP saw it as a pro-TOP move and were disappointed.  The situation ended up deadlocking for quite a while even after some screw ups by Sparta/MI6/TOP.

Like I said, I don't think any AZTEC AAs officially hit TOP. There were some alliances with grievances with TOP and there was a desire  on others' parts to get it over with so we wouldn't get a rehash and it worked out that way.

Edited by Monster

9 hours ago, Monster said:

Like Berbers said, you allied people who knowingly wanted MI6. And TOP. I don't recall any effort to show they didn't want to come at MI6. Maybe it did happen and it just never got through Chim to the membership /shrug. From the membership perspective before all that went down, we'd have chosen Umb over any of our allies at that point because of our similarities and activity. 

MI6 grew at a ridiculous rate. An easy war + 8 months of growth certainly wouldn't have equaled us to you guys, but it would've put us as a top 6 or 7 AA in score, and probably only behind IRON, GPA, NPO, and you guys for tech. We were a tough matchup for big AA's when we were mid tier, like you said. Would've been a nightmare if we gained traction more stats. Not like this line of conversation matters anymore though lol 

On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 4:49 PM, Devilyn Caster said:

People can say what they want about MI6, it's failures and it's very public demise. The fact of the matter is that at the end of the day, for the last three years no alliance has lived as much, laughed as much, lost as much, sacrificed as much, burned as much, or believed as much as MI6 did. 

That's a rather questionable claim IMO.

1 minute ago, Gibsonator21 said:

Like Berbers said, you allied people who knowingly wanted MI6. And TOP. I don't recall any effort to show they didn't want to come at MI6. Maybe it did happen and it just never got through Chim to the membership /shrug. From the membership perspective before all that went down, we'd have chosen Umb over any of our allies at that point because of our similarities and activity. 

MI6 grew at a ridiculous rate. An easy war + 8 months of growth certainly wouldn't have equaled us to you guys, but it would've put us as a top 6 or 7 AA in score, and probably only behind IRON, GPA, NPO, and you guys for tech. We were a tough matchup for big AA's when we were mid tier, like you said. Would've been a nightmare if we gained traction more stats. Not like this line of conversation matters anymore though lol 

Well, AZTEC directly made efforts to talk to MI6/TOP and convey it.  in MI6's instance there was at least one time, it was Bob from DT and it was mediated by TSK's King, David. Here's the thing, the way you've always seen it is Umb is treacherous and will sell anyone out, but there are degrees between unconditional support and betrayal. There were a lot of things MI6 did that caused AZTEC to get their backs up but they weren't anti-MI6 to start with.

Yeah I'm not disagreeing MI6 wasn't insanely active because you're mostly the active cores from other alliances/ex-govs/etc. It was a pretty interesting experiment and we signed MI6 because it had a lot of potential. It would have been tough to fight MI6 at higher levels, but the growth for many especially when many were still staying as tech farms wouldn't have been enough for numbers not to prevail.

1 hour ago, Monster said:

Well, AZTEC directly made efforts to talk to MI6/TOP and convey it.  in MI6's instance there was at least one time, it was Bob from DT and it was mediated by TSK's King, David. Here's the thing, the way you've always seen it is Umb is treacherous and will sell anyone out, but there are degrees between unconditional support and betrayal. There were a lot of things MI6 did that caused AZTEC to get their backs up but they weren't anti-MI6 to start with.

Yeah I'm not disagreeing MI6 wasn't insanely active because you're mostly the active cores from other alliances/ex-govs/etc. It was a pretty interesting experiment and we signed MI6 because it had a lot of potential. It would have been tough to fight MI6 at higher levels, but the growth for many especially when many were still staying as tech farms wouldn't have been enough for numbers not to prevail.

I don't remember the Bob-David stuff, but I do remember the David-Umb-MI6 chat where you wanted to have MI6 admit everything Umb said was fact... when it wasn't. There was never a two sided conversation. 

Maybe it was just Chim telling us all different things though. Its what he did best. 

as someone who wrote a literal wrestling fanfic insert of The Roq turning on MI6kind it wasn't going to happen until MI6 made it a self-fulfilling prophecy because either you were all paranoid as !@#$ or you put way too much faith into a nutjob

Edited by Neo Uruk

3 hours ago, Devilyn Caster said:

Wasn't talking to you, champ. Go run along and play now.

You act as if MI6 is the only alliance that fought tough wars, SNX has been in six conflicts in a years time. Oculus and Bones/TPF have been fighting for months. 

Sure MI6 was special, but let's not pretend you have a monopoly on activity and belief when my comrades have shed blood, sweat and tears to defend the Producerist Revolution.

Edited by Immortan Junka

This game reminds me of why humanity should burn.

You all are naive. MI6 has shown it was more than capable of handling alliances bigger than itself, against odds that otherwise that would have lesser alliances bend their knee. And yet, in the end, we coddled to no one.

As last true M of MI6 - RIP. Egos killed the project.

Edited by ForSparta

1 hour ago, ForSparta said:

This game reminds me of why humanity should burn.

You all are naive. MI6 has shown it was more than capable of handling alliances bigger than itself, against odds that otherwise that would have lesser alliances bend their knee. And yet, in the end, we coddled to no one.

As last true M of MI6 - RIP. Egos killed the project.

Ego didn't "kill the project." Ego was the project.

Every single one of the pro-MI6 posts reads exactly the same.

"MI6 was awesome. Oh sure, we may have alienated everyone, but that's just because we were so great." And then there's talk about how someone's inflated head was the real problem.

MI6 = Quite possibly the least self-aware membership I've ever seen.