Need Clarification on Warning

CaptainC

I am nation sitting for Serio of Avater.

http://www.cybernations.net/aid_information.asp?Nation_ID=374610

for

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=584828

Permitted here:

While beginning that sit today I notice a warning in his nation and then later in mine, to wit:

warning2.gif  Possible Rule Violation warning2.gif

IMPORTANT: The foreign aid offer above has been marked as a potential rule violation due to accounts on the same network . If you accept this aid offer there is a VERY good chance your nation will be DELETED, even if you are certain that you are not actually violating the rules. Please cancel the foreign aid offer above and delete it to prevent this aid agreement from appearing as a rule violation! Once the aid offer is accepted you will not be able to cancel or delete it!

This warning is posted on an "expired" foreign aid from earlier this month.  I DO know that I am not to trade with this nation during the time of the nation sit.  No attempt has been made to do such a thing as you can see by checking my aid screen. So,

1)  Am I clear to continue with this nations sitting without threat of penalty ( provided I don't do anything worthy of such )?, and ,

2)  I was reading in some posts that it is prohibited that I forever trade with this person, even after he has returned to his own nation.  Is that rule current?  That is new to me and I should like it confirmed if it is so.

Thank You.

CC

1. Yes, that warning message is due to the expired aid from earlier this month and you are fine to continue sitting for that nation. Just avoid aiding/trading/warring with them until the sitting has ended.

2. You are allowed to aid, trade, or war with/along side a nation you have previously sat. This applies only to nation sittings which are no longer in progress - it still isn't allowed while you are sitting.

Where were you looking? It sounds like something may be out of date.

Thank You.

As to where I read that:

FAQ, Game FAQ's #36, also further down the page, question by Arciel and following answer.

That was 2007.  I'm glad to hear that has been changed.   Seems reasonable while sitting. Forever ... well it's not my game, but  <shrug> ...  I think during the nation sit is reasonable.

Again, thanks for the clarification.

CC

Edited by CaptainC
grammar, emphasis, clarity

22 hours ago, Mithrandir said:

1. Yes, that warning message is due to the expired aid from earlier this month and you are fine to continue sitting for that nation. Just avoid aiding/trading/warring with them until the sitting has ended.

Just to clarify this point:

Obviously the nation I am sitting and I cannot both be sending aid to the same nation, nor can we both have active trade agreements with the same nation. However, what if one of us has a trade agreement with a third party nation and the other one has active foreign aid with them? 

IE is it against the rules to sit a nation one of your trade partners is aiding/being aided by or to sit a nation which is a trade partner of a nation you are aiding?

On 8/28/2016 at 0:24 AM, CaptainC said:

Thank You.

As to where I read that:

FAQ, Game FAQ's #36, also further down the page, question by Arciel and following answer.

That was 2007.  I'm glad to hear that has been changed.   Seems reasonable while sitting. Forever ... well it's not my game, but  <shrug> ...  I think during the nation sit is reasonable.

Again, thanks for the clarification.

CC

This has been corrected.

23 hours ago, Blackatron said:

Just to clarify this point:

Obviously the nation I am sitting and I cannot both be sending aid to the same nation, nor can we both have active trade agreements with the same nation. However, what if one of us has a trade agreement with a third party nation and the other one has active foreign aid with them? 

IE is it against the rules to sit a nation one of your trade partners is aiding/being aided by or to sit a nation which is a trade partner of a nation you are aiding?

I believe that this would be acceptable. After many layers of indirect interaction things become too convoluted to expect people to be able to keep track of. Obviously if there were repeated instances then it might be investigated.