Peace is in our time

11 hours ago, Blackatron said:

To some extent what Thrash said, more specifically it's to do with Senate and sanction troubles, and possibly just a long term dislike of eachother, there was a whole (relatively quite) thing about it back in September, what with NpO trying to dominate the Blue senate, with Grub getting rather unhappy that CCC/NADC (they share a seat IIRC) sanctioning someone at the request of DK.

So watch out NATO.

Whilst the Vote Grub campaign may have influenced the reasoning to this term, it was not at all the trigger.  NATO has absolutely nothing to do with anything to do with this discussion.   Go back to watching from the cheap seats.  Also Vote Grub.

10 hours ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

Grub wanted to wear the big boy pants and prove that he could force someone else to do something. He's probably still holding a grudge from when NAAC was forced to disband over 9 years ago and wanted to take it out on someone.

I have always worn Big Boy pants, in victory and in defeat.  I am not holding a grudge that has anything to do with the NAAC, who were for the record not forced to disband by anyone and would not have done so if so requested.  The NADC matter is reasonably clear for anyone who wants to examine the evidence in front of them instead of widely speculating about things outside their comprehension. Vote Grub for a better life.

10 hours ago, Thrash said:

Exactly. The sad part is that it comes at a time where it's just going to drive more people away, not make them upset. Congrats, Polar!

There is no evidence to suggest that being forced to click a box is any more effort than clicking every 20 days.  This is not a justification for not doing anything, doing nothing costs plenty of people all by itself.    NADC had plenty of notice that their decisions would have ramifications, and they have plenty of notice to move.  If it upsets them, good, that was the point.  They chose to not contest the term, so they were obviously comfortable enough with it.  Vote #1 Grub

6 hours ago, Holy Empire of Halin said:

Reviving color politics is a moronic thing, and whoever demanded it should resign from his nation and his alliance. As much as I really dislike NADC I dislike dumb ideas even more. Its a color nothing more nothing less. Appalling. 

I have absolutely no idea who you are, but reviving anything that causes anything at all to happen is possibly the best thing that could happen.  The current culture of allowing anyone to do anything, surrender without consequence and move on to further long period of inaction and inactivity has really achieved nothing. You are appalling for using appalling as a sentence, even still, I would refute every assertion of your statement, the only thing that is moronic is allowing idiots to use absolutes in the manner you have.  Vote Grub, you know you want to.

5 hours ago, Abshire said:

Nobody can be dicks like NG. 

It is true, nobody can swing it like NG.  Vote Grub, he might be ''smaller'', but in no way inferior.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

I have always worn Big Boy pants, in victory and in defeat.  I am not holding a grudge that has anything to do with the NAAC, who were for the record not forced to disband by anyone and would not have done so if so requested.  The NADC matter is reasonably clear for anyone who wants to examine the evidence in front of them instead of widely speculating about things outside their comprehension. Vote Grub for a better life.

I realize that NADC was not forced to disband, because that is not kosher for CN nowadays. What I am curious about is what your grudge has to do with? It certainly has nothing to do with NPO, since you signed that treaty with them. So, what?

On 8/25/2016 at 9:31 AM, Thrash said:

You're one of the few who fought, so thank you.

Since the beginning of the war, I had 2 defensive wars. That's right. TWO. That's a sad showing from an aggressor.

Would have loved to have been there for you to beat up on, but I think you were out of range.

6 hours ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

I realize that NADC was not forced to disband, because that is not kosher for CN nowadays. What I am curious about is what your grudge has to do with? It certainly has nothing to do with NPO, since you signed that treaty with them. So, what?

I am not sure you understand your own question.  I get tired of being cross-examined by people who can't formulate a coherent line of questioning.  Because I am a most generous guy, I don't have a grudge with the NPO, in fact far from it.  I actively pursued the treaty with Pacifica, so I am not entirely sure what this distraction has to do with anything.  In fact if you examine all my statements, you will find the only mention of the word "grudge'' comes in denial of an idiotic assertion made relating to the NAAC.

I don't particularly give a toss what you want or what you think or what you want to know, the evidence is there is you choose to engage a brain cell and devote a few minutes to it.  Perhaps you could ask someone who was in the peace talks, there is certainly no doubt between NADC and Polaris as to what the issue was?  You would be happier with their version of events anyway, I am a consummate liar.

Vote Grub, for freedom.

It is funny to see Grub trying to justify using the old style terms of a peace deal. We have seen it all in the past - Viceroy, disbandment, moving off colors and outrageous reps. All to cripple or causing harm to the loosing side of a war. NpO has shown that they are very good at holding a grudge over nothing. NADC did something they didn't like in the Blue senate and then they want to punish them by getting them off blue. It is clear and simple pettiness and nothing else. 

The old style terms are big part of the reason why we have seen constant reduction in wars and longer time between global conflicts. Entering a war is not only a question of spending/loosing resources (money, infra, tech, etc.) but also potentially punishing terms. Therefore longer time to recover and the cost of war is much higher.

2 hours ago, Rustikus said:

It is funny to see Grub trying to justify using the old style terms of a peace deal. We have seen it all in the past - Viceroy, disbandment, moving off colors and outrageous reps. All to cripple or causing harm to the loosing side of a war. NpO has shown that they are very good at holding a grudge over nothing. NADC did something they didn't like in the Blue senate and then they want to punish them by getting them off blue. It is clear and simple pettiness and nothing else. 

The old style terms are big part of the reason why we have seen constant reduction in wars and longer time between global conflicts. Entering a war is not only a question of spending/loosing resources (money, infra, tech, etc.) but also potentially punishing terms. Therefore longer time to recover and the cost of war is much higher.

dude you are so wrong this world has been stagnant for the past few years because of the boring wars we now have nations with billions and billions that have absolutely no fear of war win or lose ….i have been on the bad side of reps from the beginning of time i think in my 10 years and all the wars on bob i don’t think i ever received reps but i have paid so many ….

by paying reps it gave me a purpose gave that “CN hate” for my opponents that “hate” kept this world fun as much as i hated reps they seem to pull coalitions together for the bigger picture come on now if it wasn’t for reps the big bad NPO would have never fallen … my personal goal for years was waiting for my opportunity to defeat a foe and with out foes what do we have … we have a bunch of expedition fights….

i never agreed on curb stomps or even disbandment but unfortunately it has kept the game fresh hopefully planet bob will find its balance again …

sometimes the old ways are the best ways…

you hate Grub so much do something about it find your drive and “get even”

NADC wanted to throw there senate seat in NpOs face and couldn’t back it up now they have to pack it up cause there ass wrote a check they couldn’t cash ….

they want a blue senate seat back come get it .. 

might make this world a little more exciting 

RoadRash 

Edited by RoadRash

4 hours ago, RoadRash said:

dude you are so wrong this world has been stagnant for the past few years because of the boring wars we now have nations with billions and billions that have absolutely no fear of war win or lose ….i have been on the bad side of reps from the beginning of time i think in my 10 years and all the wars on bob i don’t think i ever received reps but i have paid so many ….

by paying reps it gave me a purpose gave that “CN hate” for my opponents that “hate” kept this world fun as much as i hated reps they seem to pull coalitions together for the bigger picture come on now if it wasn’t for reps the big bad NPO would have never fallen … my personal goal for years was waiting for my opportunity to defeat a foe and with out foes what do we have … we have a bunch of expedition fights….

i never agreed on curb stomps or even disbandment but unfortunately it has kept the game fresh hopefully planet bob will find its balance again …

sometimes the old ways are the best ways…

you hate Grub so much do something about it find your drive and “get even”

NADC wanted to throw there senate seat in NpOs face and couldn’t back it up now they have to pack it up cause there ass wrote a check they couldn’t cash ….

they want a blue senate seat back come get it .. 

might make this world a little more exciting 

RoadRash 

This is almost as funny as Grub. I don't hate anyone but when someone says that forceful disbandment of AAs is good for the game then there is already something wrong with your whole mindset. The fact is simple over something minor NpO went all the way to wanting to forcefully get rid of an opponent of the color shows the same mindset. A mindset that has drawn much of the fun out of the game. How many players have just had enough and left the game because wars have ended with harsh terms and it is therefore simply not worth it. It is not just the cost of reps but how slots are wasted. One war can lead to long time of recovery while other AAs that often avoid wars (sit on billions as you say) continue to grow. I have often had to pay reps and have it has a clear rule never to accept reps at the end of a global war.

42 minutes ago, Rustikus said:

This is almost as funny as Grub. I don't hate anyone but when someone says that forceful disbandment of AAs is good for the game then there is already something wrong with your whole mindset. The fact is simple over something minor NpO went all the way to wanting to forcefully get rid of an opponent of the color shows the same mindset. A mindset that has drawn much of the fun out of the game. How many players have just had enough and left the game because wars have ended with harsh terms and it is therefore simply not worth it. It is not just the cost of reps but how slots are wasted. One war can lead to long time of recovery while other AAs that often avoid wars (sit on billions as you say) continue to grow. I have often had to pay reps and have it has a clear rule never to accept reps at the end of a global war.

Of all the people who've left in the last 5 years, what do you think the actual percentage is of people who left because of outrageous post-war terms? I'd wager not that high.

People leave because they're bored, because this is a stagnant world. It hasn't had a (potential) shakeup since Oculus formed, and they've done nothing but the same anyway. Before that? Whew, maybe TOP/NpO treaty? We've now repeated the last war three times. Since 2011 it's been the same old cycle repeated, with the occasional abberation.

Last time any "bad" reps were in play that I remember, it turned into CSN/SF vs DT/Mj... That was fun.

So you can stop with the faux outrage. These aren't alliance murdering terms. They're not even difficult to complete. But maybe now NADC has something else to play for. Or maybe if you're pissed off enough you'll go work on taking out Polar. I won't hold my breath. 

Edited by Gibsonator21

57 minutes ago, Rustikus said:

hey Rus i don’t really remember who even really had to disband a few come to mind 

first one i can think of is LUE .. LUE didn’t leave planet BOB they reformed went to different alliances and started there plot to get even and eventually they did with KARMA that was some of the best times in CN ( first 2 years where definitely the best ) 

then you had \m/ they got disbanded and formed new alliances and even started there plotting … i guarantee that disbanding an alliance has never forced the masses out of CN ,,,, there used to be 45000 players in…. time and boredom have forced most of them out we need more DRAMA last bit of drama this place seen was doombird raiding alliances real dick move but at least it sparked something….

this place needs a shake up figure something out instead of faulting the people who are actually adding something good or bad its still adding something 

1 hour ago, Gibsonator21 said:

Of all the people who've left in the last 5 years, what do you think the actual percentage is of people who left because of outrageous post-war terms? I'd wager not that high.

People leave because they're bored, because this is a stagnant world. It hasn't had a (potential) shakeup since Oculus formed, and they've done nothing but the same anyway.

I find this line of argument self defeating, ultimately the politics is above the heads of the majority of the rulers of Bob. Certainly those who are less active, and thus more likely to leave, don't pay much attention to it at all. No, dumb terms aren't responsible for the situation Bob is in now, largely because they have only made a bit of a comeback fairly recently, but those who claim that kicking someone after you've beat them down is gonna keep them in the game are talking crap.

And need I remind you that it is your own ally who you are arguing it is so great that they had these humiliating peace terms put on them? Very endearing behaviour.

20 hours ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

Grub has never let his grudges stand in the way of treaty arrangements that he considers to be useful.

39 minutes ago, Blackatron said:

I find this line of argument self defeating, ultimately the politics is above the heads of the majority of the rulers of Bob. Certainly those who are less active, and thus more likely to leave, don't pay much attention to it at all. No, dumb terms aren't responsible for the situation Bob is in now, largely because they have only made a bit of a comeback fairly recently, but those who claim that kicking someone after you've beat them down is gonna keep them in the game are talking crap.

And need I remind you that it is your own ally who you are arguing it is so great that they had these humiliating peace terms put on them? Very endearing behaviour.

Yep, and still you prattle on like you know what you are talking about.  Here is the thing with terms, one side proposes them, but in order for them to become reality they have to be accepted.  NADC voted to move off blue at our suggestion, who are you to suggest it is humiliating.  I would think that NADC might consider it liberating.  The reason for the terms had ALMOST NOTHING to do with senate issues.  Get it?

You are one of those inert nobodies who never do anything and yet expect everything to go to your plan of how the world looks.  As someone who does something and has done so consistently, I know what drives me to continue, and the answer is quite often revenge.  Once revenge is achieved we kick off a different cycle as the deck chairs get re-arranged again.  To do something takes actual effort, for a protracted period of time, the reason so many people do nothing it that they are not capable of doing anything.  Get some talent, get some motivation or just sit quietly while you become someone's voodoo doll.

On 8/24/2016 at 11:20 PM, Lord of Darkness said:

the Mostly Harmless Alliance

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Okay, that's enough holding down Shift+O. Best to all, I suppose.

9 minutes ago, Drege said:

Okay, that's enough holding down Shift+O. Best to all, I suppose.

This while a well argumented post about MHA's participation in this war could also have been an option.

1 minute ago, jalap said:

This while a well argumented post about MHA's participation in this war could also have been an option.

To be fair, I didn't even know you guys existed until mere minutes before posting.

I even reread the announcement to be sure...

1 hour ago, Blackatron said:

You can find it and take it however you like, straight forward or up the rear, I don't care. If you want to get involved somewhere  you can, there's simply more slots available than players willing to fill them. If you want to reach the "upper echelons" of alliance management and put your angst into going after Polar, there's opportunity. Sitting here complaining about an alliance accepting a surrender term isn't going to change anything.

I know who my allies are. They were involved parties. They're comfortable with where things are, shook hands, made Molly put on his tighty whitey's, and we're good to go. Why aren't you?

Edited by Gibsonator21

15 hours ago, Rustikus said:

I don't follow. It's a minor inconvenience.

20 hours ago, Drege said:

20 hours ago, jalap said:

MHA has nothing to be ashamed about in this war.  They put themselves out there often against higher tech superior nations without a second thought.  You cannot ask more of an ally (and we are not allied).