Announcement from MI6

Not to white knight for Polar, but during the Doom War I don't think any NpO members went to peacemode (not in significant numbers anyway), and that was a pretty long war against massive odds. Can't speak for wars before that, but Polar is one of a handful of alliances in recent history to handle a curbstomp well (the others being SNX and some micros like Minc or LPCN).

Edited by Immortan Junka

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to Holton's leadership, he is always welcome to inbox me and ask me how I stabilized SNX internally. I'm always glad to help other alliance leaders if they are willing to make a serious effort at it.

First step is to abandon ego, stop pretending it's just for fun, and really put some belief into it... there's no need to care what the "cool kids" think, if you don't believe in what you are doing, neither will your membership.

Edited by Immortan Junka

1 hour ago, Mihail the Just said:

If almost the entire active component of an alliance is in peace mode, either they have no appetite or ability for war, or they're under orders from above. In either situation, it's somewhat revealing about the alliance's capacity right now, something new leadership are stepping up to. I was less making fun of those in peace mode, than making fun of those who think there is somehow value in the inheritance of an alliance in this current state. Like being saddled with someone's negative equity upon their death.

That was on topic, in relation to the discussion wherein my post occurred.

Anyways, despite Holton's less than glorious departure from NpO, I've always admired his activity and willingness to try to organize. Perhaps he's the right person to make something of MI6, who knows...

I don't see the relevance here? Since I've been in NpO that's never happened in such proportions, even in the curbstomp we suffered last year (unless I missed something) - but that has no bearing on the current state of the MI6 alliance anyway...

TTK's (and NpO's) coalition largely hid their upper tiers in peace mode during Dave. Competence then hid much of their lower and mid tiers during Equilibrium. I know Polaris had a fair few of their top tier (if 19k tech can be called top tier nowadays) in PM when the "For Steve" war started.

PM is a tool of war, not for individual nations obviously, as they cannot partake whilst in PM (other than gather intel), but for alliances and coalitions, as protecting yourself from damage is just as important as dealing damage. If Polar hasn't made much use of it in the past it probably explains why your top nation has 16k tech.

32 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

In regards to Holton's leadership, he is always welcome to inbox me and ask me how I stabilized SNX internally. I'm always glad to help other alliance leaders if they are willing to make a serious effort at it.

First step is to abandon ego, stop pretending it's just for fun, and really put some belief into it... there's no need to care what the "cool kids" think, if you don't believe in what you are doing, neither will your membership.

Can't tell if serious or not...

5 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

Not to white knight for Polar, but during the Doom War I don't think any NpO members went to peacemode (not in significant numbers anyway), and that was a pretty long war against massive odds. Can't speak for wars before that, but Polar is one of a handful of alliances in recent history to handle a curbstomp well (the others being SNX and some micros like Minc or LPCN).

Well wouldn't call it a curb stomp, wasn't like it was NpO vs the world, NpO had like 31 alliances fighting on that side of the war, at the end of the day NpO had taken as much damage as they had dealt out, where as SNX did what 60% od the damage they had taken?. DS has 39 alliances on their side, maybe you should check to see what a curb stomp really is. Also when has SNX or any alliance ever dealt well with a curb stomp, To place someone's mouth on a cement curb, and then stomp on their head from behind to break out their teeth.

5 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

Trust me when i say no one thinks you are a good leader

10 hours ago, Blackatron said:

TTK's (and NpO's) coalition largely hid their upper tiers in peace mode during Dave. Competence then hid much of their lower and mid tiers during Equilibrium. I know Polaris had a fair few of their top tier (if 19k tech can be called top tier nowadays) in PM when the "For Steve" war started.

PM is a tool of war, not for individual nations obviously, as they cannot partake whilst in PM (other than gather intel), but for alliances and coalitions, as protecting yourself from damage is just as important as dealing damage. If Polar hasn't made much use of it in the past it probably explains why your top nation has 16k tech.

Yes, pm can be a tool of war, I know that. But it doesn't in any way change the point I was making originally.

5 hours ago, Devialance said:

Well wouldn't call it a curb stomp, wasn't like it was NpO vs the world, NpO had like 31 alliances fighting on that side of the war, at the end of the day NpO had taken as much damage as they had dealt out, where as SNX did what 60% od the damage they had taken?. DS has 39 alliances on their side, maybe you should check to see what a curb stomp really is. Also when has SNX or any alliance ever dealt well with a curb stomp, To place someone's mouth on a cement curb, and then stomp on their head from behind to break out their teeth.

Just because you lose a war, doesn't mean you can't put up a valiant fight.

3128_fingolfin_se_enfrento_a_morgoth.jpg

28 minutes ago, Devialance said:

That's very true, let me know when you finally do that.

lol no kidding devialance ur all right bro! junka little Romulus and his paper imperium couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag lol :lol1:

viva animalz y viva la lpcn :war:

13 minutes ago, Montezuma said:

lol no kidding devialance ur all right bro! junka little Romulus and his paper imperium couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag lol :lol1:

viva animalz y viva la lpcn :war:

You barbarians starting trouble with peaceful alliances doesn't make you great warriors. Yes we are watching your antics.

On 8/18/2016 at 1:22 AM, Keres said:

"Chim no longer runs MI6"

"Chim No longer Plays CN"

"Chim isnt MI6"

Nah this isnt that game where only one of those statements is a lie...

It's strange he hasn't just let things go considering he already lost over half his membership, kinda odd to repeat history so quickly down the line.

On 8/18/2016 at 2:28 PM, Keres said:

For the record Im perfectly sane...

raw

Also is that an insult?

I am sure it was meant as one, I like your new avatar doll, very classy.

1 hour ago, Immortan Junka said:

You barbarians starting trouble with peaceful alliances doesn't make you great warriors. Yes we are watching your antics.

Watching, that's simply what you are good at, lets face it there's a reason a nation 1079 days old is only 5k NS and it has ntohing to do with wars.

18 hours ago, Emperor Whimsical said:

your alliance has been rolled and "hid in peace mode" more times than any other alliance in history, just quit this nonsense. 

I’m sorry but your comment is not true as a member of Polar for years now we have seen ZI way more then any nation has seen PM .. only time any of us would go to PM was to restock nukes….. i have nothing against nations hiding in PM it gets frustrating … i do want to give a shout out to the nations in M16 that have fought way harder then they should have Thom98 did a great job in his wars and i believe i fought him 4 times this war he was able to slip into PM and has earned  his little break..

but your comment is wrong Polar would rather lose it all then goto PM trust me we have many times and that is what keeps us together friends before infa 

thank you 

RoadRash 

7 hours ago, greco said:

I’m sorry but your comment is not true as a member of Polar for years now we have seen ZI way more then any nation has seen PM .. only time any of us would go to PM was to restock nukes….. i have nothing against nations hiding in PM it gets frustrating … i do want to give a shout out to the nations in M16 that have fought way harder then they should have Thom98 did a great job in his wars and i believe i fought him 4 times this war he was able to slip into PM and has earned  his little break..

but your comment is wrong Polar would rather lose it all then goto PM trust me we have many times and that is what keeps us together friends before infa 

thank you 

RoadRash 

I truly believe some people misunderstand peace mode, you have two types of peace mode.

1) Those who hit peace mode to restock up and enter the fight a valid tactic.
2) Those who hit peace mode and stay in peace until terms to avoid fighting.

Wish people would be able to understand that, I have never known NpO to do the second and as i said the first is a valid tactic, if an alliance you are at war with is dumb enough to let someone who is losing enter peace mode then shame on them, however if someone who enter peace mode stays in peace mode until the alliance get peace to say his nation, what a pussy.

Edit: as you could easily find out, most of MI6 top ten nations have been in peace mode close to or over two months, they are now simply trying to avoid the war, personally i would love to see more terms that last call had to deal with, (side note none of us was hiding in peace mode) but those with X amount of tech had to stay in war for two rounds after everyone else got peace, i would like to see more of that as it stops people from hiding the whole war.

Edited by Devialance

I'm older than all of you and while NpO is my ally that I like and respect deeply, I was around for both PB-NpO, NoCB, and Grudge. To deny history is to deny reality, and polaris has used peace mode to great effect during all of those conflicts.  My larger point was that peace mode has literally always been used as a tactic and people who deride it are nearly always the bigger side. There are a plethora of reasons to dislike MI6, but "hurr peace mode" is not one of them. 

That's about all I have for this topic, let me know when there's a ceasefire. Toodles. 

2 hours ago, Devialance said:

I truly believe some people misunderstand peace mode, you have two types of peace mode.

1) Those who hit peace mode to restock up and enter the fight a valid tactic.
2) Those who hit peace mode and stay in peace until terms to avoid fighting.

Wish people would be able to understand that, I have never known NpO to do the second and as i said the first is a valid tactic, if an alliance you are at war with is dumb enough to let someone who is losing enter peace mode then shame on them, however if someone who enter peace mode stays in peace mode until the alliance get peace to say his nation, what a pussy.

Edit: as you could easily find out, most of MI6 top ten nations have been in peace mode close to or over two months, they are now simply trying to avoid the war, personally i would love to see more terms that last call had to deal with, (side note none of us was hiding in peace mode) but those with X amount of tech had to stay in war for two rounds after everyone else got peace, i would like to see more of that as it stops people from hiding the whole war.

armchair-general-550x439.jpg?w=500&h=398

Jokes aside: MI6 is many things. We are obnoxious, politically incompetent, unstable, arguably erratic and unlikeable. I do not think however, that any relevant player- opponent or ally alike- would attribute the term 'pussy' to our member body. We've used peacemode because we found ourselves in an unusual situation of war without a peaceful horizon. That is all there is to it.

I in no way believe that you would have been 'resilient', had you been placed in our position. But then again, we probably will never know. You would probably be better off giving this peacemode argument a rest and letting the parties at war make their own judgement on whether punitive terms are warranted for the use of peace mode.

1 hour ago, Emperor Whimsical said:

I'm older than all of you and while NpO is my ally that I like and respect deeply, I was around for both PB-NpO, NoCB, and Grudge. To deny history is to deny reality, and polaris has used peace mode to great effect during all of those conflicts.  My larger point was that peace mode has literally always been used as a tactic and people who deride it are nearly always the bigger side. There are a plethora of reasons to dislike MI6, but "hurr peace mode" is not one of them. 

That's about all I have for this topic, let me know when there's a ceasefire. Toodles. 

Thanks you.

1 hour ago, Emperor Whimsical said:

Uh, I really don't remember that aside from NoCB where there were some in peace mode, which resulted in terms being on them, but that was 8 years ago at this point. They didn't really a lot of use peace mode in the other ones, which distinguished them from other alliances. 

On 8/19/2016 at 5:08 AM, Immortan Junka said:

I will let him know and I am sure he will take whatever advice you have regarding becoming someone's lapdog into account.

On 8/19/2016 at 9:55 AM, Immortan Junka said:

Wanna debate producerism? B-)

no

16 hours ago, Mogar said:

It's strange he hasn't just let things go considering he already lost over half his membership, kinda odd to repeat history so quickly down the line.

I am sure it was meant as one, I like your new avatar doll, very classy.

>started war with 100 members

>have 89 as of twenty seconds ago

Yeah I can see where 10% = 50%

15 hours ago, kingzog said:

Wish you guys would get back on-topic. Which is....I dunno....MI6 is dying but not dying and Chim both is and isn't running it and....seriously, I'm more than a little lost here.

Chimaera is no longer in CN. He no longer affects government policy in MI6. However, being an integral part of it, he is involved in the MI6 community.

1 hour ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

I will let him know and I am sure he will take whatever advice you have regarding becoming someone's lapdog into account.

I think this is amusing, which alliance is SNX a lapdog for? Last I checked we outlasted our protectors in Doom Kingdom and haven't needed a replacement since. 

Obviously you guys have nothing to improve on or learn from anyone else so best of luck going forward with the culture you have.