Who's Online (2016)   7 Members.

Most Online (2009) 1,803 Members.

Needless to say we are a LONG way from the high water mark for forum activity right now and that's despite a global war currently in action. I don't know if it's just me but I think it's time for CN admin to play the "hail Mary" card. Do something, anything.

Personally I think we need to take to the game with a chainsaw and prune it right back to the core via a global reset and relaunch of CN 2.0. At this stage a dozen small 40 member active alliances with a couple treaties each would be more healthy then what we have now. Inactivity breeds inactivity and it's this holding onto the past that is dragging down good active players I fear. We need to be brutal if we're going to energise this place. On the other hand we COULD do nothing... but we've stuck with that plan for a few years now and I think the outcome has become obvious.

Thoughts?

Change comes from within alliances, the core social units of this world... a reset would be good because it would restore power to active mass-alliances, rather than the plutocratic super-tier few. But even without mechanics rebalancing, there's alot that can be done within an alliance if leadership and membership are willing to be ambitious and try new things.

Edited by Immortan Junka

16 hours ago, King Wally said:

Needless to say we are a LONG way from the high water mark for forum activity right now and that's despite a global war currently in action. I don't know if it's just me but I think it's time for CN admin to play the "hail Mary" card. Do something, anything.

"Global war"? Much like the Gulf war was a world war? It doesn't count as a global war when 90% of the world is on one side.

I think a restart, some new wonders, and some more effects such as fighting someone's nations who has a different religion to yours you get an option to kill citizens or enslave them, and if they have the same religion you have a chance to set them free or sell them, also maybe guided nukes where you have to pick a location on a map where to hit, kind of like battle ships if you will, and hope you hit someones building, and ofc the less land they have the better chance you hit something, also i would like to see nukes removing the benefit of wonders, such as if a nuke hit they have to pick from a list of wonders they wish to be disabled for 48 hours.

But i agree the admin needs to do something but as it stands it seems he has made his money and then some and now he has moved on to other things.

1 hour ago, Chunky Monkey said:

Crazy option: Kill SE off entirely and only offer TE. That way you know the people you are playing with are at least as active as the last reset.

You know I have never thought of that before but on reflection I actually like it. Bat !@#$ crazy but you can see how it could energise activity again if it manually forced CN players to engage with that format instead of hugging their pixels over in SE mode for years on end.

Please please please Admin remove all limits on transactions of money and allow alliances to hold and send funds (have their own bank). I believe this would significantly rejuvenate the game.

On August 2, 2016 at 8:33 PM, King Wally said:

Personally I think we need to take to the game with a chainsaw and prune it right back to the core via a global reset and relaunch of CN 2.0. At this stage a dozen small 40 member active alliances with a couple treaties each would be more healthy then what we have now. Inactivity breeds inactivity and it's this holding onto the past that is dragging down good active players I fear. We need to be brutal if we're going to energise this place. On the other hand we COULD do nothing... but we've stuck with that plan for a few years now and I think the outcome has become obvious.

Thoughts?

The biggest problem is the politics. We've all known each other far too long, and there is no incentive for people not to be buddy buddy.

You need a much more dynamic world in terms of blocs/feuds/etc but when most of the largest and established alliances are friends or allies how are you going to achieve this? We all !@#$%* about super blocs like Occ, but why should they break apart for the rest of our entertainment? Even if it's about the only way to breath life back into a fading game which they've basically won. Combine this with years of explotations of game mechanics, and well you get what we have today. 

Aside for the annoying lack of a mobile app and OP wonder-heavy drop downs, the game itself is fine. What is lacking is good leadership in many alliances going inactive today. I would suggest to what leaders remain to try something ambitious like a merger. The nukes flying around as a result is a great boost for activity!

Any would-be Emperors are welcome to contact me. I have extensive experience in making things fun again. :P

Edited by Immortan Junka

On 8/5/2016 at 7:46 AM, kerschbs said:

The biggest problem is the politics. We've all known each other far too long, and there is no incentive for people not to be buddy buddy.

You need a much more dynamic world in terms of blocs/feuds/etc but when most of the largest and established alliances are friends or allies how are you going to achieve this? We all !@#$%* about super blocs like Occ, but why should they break apart for the rest of our entertainment? Even if it's about the only way to breath life back into a fading game which they've basically won. Combine this with years of explotations of game mechanics, and well you get what we have today. 

I agree, this game is driving by politics. Current day politics are boring and we all know who won the game. If we want to rejuvenate this game we need to rejuvenate politics of the world, we need rivalries that are not one sided stompings.