New Player.

Bushwhacker

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:37 AM, Bushwhacker said:

OK, thank you. I'm not at war with anyone at the moment, though. What happens then?

If you are not in war with anyone the deployed troops will just be in deployed position and not be present in the defense of your nation should anyone suddenly declare against you and begin attacks. If you lose too may defending troops then your deployed troops will be pulled back automatically otherwise you can only get them back after the 24 hr reset. After reset troops won't come back from deploy position automatically, you have to do it manually by putting 0 in deploy column.

Before tomorrow you should do the following..

change your government to communist, you get a bonus for your troops. 

change your defcon to 5.

buy 2 cruise missiles, as many troops as you can, and tanks. 

Deploy them, but don't put yourself into anarchy.

attack me just before update and then do it again right after, I'll be at work, you can give it your best shot.

I'm certain I missed a number of important steps, hopefully someone else will catch you up. For the duration of this engagement I will refrain from launching further offensive attacks until it appears that you've mastered the basics. 

Good luck!

I'll see about lining you up with a spot of aid once this is over as well. 

Tally ho and good hunting!

You've figured out how to change your defcon, you are somewhat catching up on ground attacks and air attacks.

Though, at your level and the amount of your bankroll, you might want to stop buying planes. I won't use mine on you, if you don't use yours on me. Cruise missiles are ok, but considering how much cash you have... same deal.. I'd hold off on using them.

Focus on ground attacks. Use cautious attacks to minimize your losses. 

You should also check my war screen, this will allow you to see the two other nations I'm fighting. You may want to send them messages and get together with them to try to mass wave me before update and then again after.

Good luck and good hunting. 

On 29 July 2016 at 0:30 PM, Captain Enema said:

Before tomorrow you should do the following..

change your government to communist, you get a bonus for your troops. 

change your defcon to 5.

buy 2 cruise missiles, as many troops as you can, and tanks. 

Deploy them, but don't put yourself into anarchy.

attack me just before update and then do it again right after, I'll be at work, you can give it your best shot.

I'm certain I missed a number of important steps, hopefully someone else will catch you up. For the duration of this engagement I will refrain from launching further offensive attacks until it appears that you've mastered the basics. 

Good luck!

I'll see about lining you up with a spot of aid once this is over as well. 

Tally ho and good hunting!

Also cruise missiles+air attacks (if you are running them) before ground attacks, as they destroy enemy tanks, which will improve your battle odds. Emphasis on cruise missiles for new players; it's the cheapest and easiest way to do damage, always launch 2 per day per war regardless.

Also a neat trick: if you can't possibly deploy enough to have a good chance it's sometimes worthwhile to deploy to have about 10-20% odds, as this will make you likely to inflict damage on your opponent even if you lose the ground battle, and will also mean you kill a lot more troops than you lose.

The defcon bit was a mistake on my part. I pmed him ingame and suggested he change it to Defcon 1, which he did. He's since requested terms and sent me an ingame pm. Haven't read it and I won't post it. 

Blacktron's advice is solid but with the lack of cash you ought to avoid costly air attacks. 

Mogar,  could you send him 3 million once this is over?

I'll reimburse you directly with tech or cash if you want.