award.png
3) Alpha Wolves
award.png
4) New League of Nations

Sorry some stats!

1 minute ago, Horatio Longworth said:

Decent blitz.

Good luck.

ehh....it was alright.....could have been better!

Good luck and have fun to all!

Al Bundy

I assume most vets should know by now that total ns and member count isn't a clear indicator of the stronger side so overall I'd say the war is fairly even with D1 having the slight advantage in the ns/infra tiers while AW have a slight tech/nuke advantage.

Our old friends definitely came well prepared so it should be quite the war.

2 hours ago, HiredGun said:

I assume most vets should know by now that total ns and member count isn't a clear indicator of the stronger side so overall I'd say the war is fairly even with D1 having the slight advantage in the ns/infra tiers while AW have a slight tech/nuke advantage.

D1 slight infra advantage? look again please. 

AW having slight tech advantage? again have another look please.

nations over 30kns currently slight advantage to D1 again.

the only advantage AW do have is in nukes. and most should know that if neither side will run out during a 5 day war then it is hardly an advantage at all.

that being said. this war is aimed at being a fair even war. but currently it most definitely is an up declare.

happy hunting 

Just now, StevieG said:

D1 slight infra advantage? look again please. 

AW having slight tech advantage? again have another look please.

nations over 30kns currently slight advantage to D1 again.

the only advantage AW do have is in nukes. and most should know that if neither side will run out during a 5 day war then it is hardly an advantage at all.

that being said. this war is aimed at being a fair even war. but currently it most definitely is an up declare.

happy hunting 

Avg Infra

D1 - 4660

AW - 4231

Avg Tech

D1 - 514

AW- 555

Avg NS

D1- 28,788

AW - 27,575

Its either a fair war or an up declare, it cannot be both.

4 hours ago, HiredGun said:

D1 has more tech now....if you attack sleepers they build up....That is why this "fair war" crap is always bogus!

We attacked D1, knowing they are stronger, our advantage was the update attack and we do have more nukes......

It will be fun, no need to debate if its fair, no wars are.

Al Bundy

56 minutes ago, HiredGun said:

Avg Infra

D1 - 4660

AW - 4231

Avg Tech

D1 - 514

AW- 555

Avg NS

D1- 28,788

AW - 27,575

Its either a fair war or an up declare, it cannot be both.

total infra

75k to 100k

why can't an up declare be fair?

3 minutes ago, AL Bundy said:

D1 has more tech now....if you attack sleepers they build up....That is why this "fair war" crap is always bogus!

We attacked D1, knowing they are stronger, our advantage was the update attack and we do have more nukes......

It will be fun, no need to debate if its fair, no wars are.

Al Bundy

I don't want to get into a pissing contest so I'll settle with it being a fairly even war in our favor.

I'm not one to bother with these silly debates but I felt the need to address this misconception that the side with the highest totals doesn't always translate to being the stronger alliance if the avg totals are taken into consideration or better yet if the ns/infra tiers are broken down into ranges. These were stats that use to be a regular feature in declarations because of their importance and many vets still consider them important even if they're not posted, it doesn't mean they're not being noticed.

4 hours ago, HiredGun said:

I don't want to get into a pissing contest so I'll settle with it being a fairly even war in our favor.

I'm not one to bother with these silly debates but I felt the need to address this misconception that the side with the highest totals doesn't always translate to being the stronger alliance if the avg totals are taken into consideration or better yet if the ns/infra tiers are broken down into ranges. These were stats that use to be a regular feature in declarations because of their importance and many vets still consider them important even if they're not posted, it doesn't mean they're not being noticed.

O I do agree! But nations like to sandbag...meaning hang out at 20k strength but then when the alliance is attacked use their 200 million war chest and boost up....I believe stats are crap, it should be based on total members and maybe a couple other pieces of information.... As you can see the stats shifted a lot once D1 knew they were attacked.

Alliance

Total

Active Strength Avg Score Anarchy Infras Tech

Nukes

1) DEFCON 1
award.png
2) DevilDogs
award.png
3) Alpha Wolves
award.png

This growth is mostly from us moving into full militarization mode but this involves minimal spending. There shouldn't be anyone dropping large amounts of their war chest to win wars with brute force alone, we'd prefer to keep the war as challenging and as fair as we can just as you's have. We treat people/allainces the same way they treat us, its as simple as that.

Alliance

Total

Active

Strength

Avg

Score

Anarchy

Infras

Tech

Nukes

1) DEFCON 1
award.png
2)

Alpha Wolves

award.png

8 hours ago, HiredGun said:

I agree with you. it's not all about total ns. Ave ns. tier differences, and nukes plus wonders is what really counts.

alpha wolves alone hitting you is an up declare. which is why I said that "currently it was an updeclare".

with some of A Team moving over to alpha wolves for this war it fully evens it up. and that was the only reason for this. plus it's been hard to find a war.

your leadership has been made aware of this before the fact.

I appreciate those who can debate points without flaming and baiting. good show and good luck.

To: malakarlian    From: HiredGun    Date: 7/23/2016 2:02:30 PM

Subject: IRS attack

Message: We don't know who this is from but bringing it to your guys attention anyway. It could be an outsider trying to provoke as the attack wasn't accompanied by any other attacks.

To: bunnet From: Unknown Sender Date: 7/23/2016 10:44:23 AM

Subject: Spy Operation Attack

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your Internal Revenue Services (IRS) and managed to change your national tax rate to a level of 26%. Your attacker was able to return home unharmed and unidentified. 

cc.
D1 gov
AW gov

so much for keeping it clean

We think we found the culprit http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000322

No affiliation and buying nukes early and has a name very similar to someone who rouged us after our last war.

Edit: All the nations hes trading with were made recently, their sole purpose is to provide optimal resources for New Republic to speed up nation growth and military effectiveness. Definitely preparing to rogue someone and by the timing of the nuke purchases, I'd say hes timing it for when we peace out which was destined to fail again even if we hadn't detected it early. Next time don't delete your nation and the following day start a new one with a similar name, swazz.

You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of New Republic. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:
Desired Religion: None
Desired Government: Monarchy
Threat Level: Severe
Tax Rate: 28%
Number of Spies: 550
Last Nuke Purchase: None
Last Wonder Purchase: 7/18/2016
Total Money: $50,141,447
Technology: 495.49 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 7/22/2016 12:03:42 AM
Trade Partners: My Country, Ivory Coast, Vladoo Place, Amarta, Golden Diamond
Military XP Ratings: Army XP: 5, Navy XP: 0, Air Force XP: 2, Intelligence XP: 0
Assigned Generals: Air Force XP Level 54, Intelligence XP Level 14
Total Aircraft: 75
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 666
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 9
Navy Purchases Today: 8
Navy Vessels:

Corvettes: 0
Landing Ships: 0
Battleships: 0
Cruisers: 4
Frigates: 8
Destroyers: 7
Submarines: 7
Aircraft Carriers: 6
Your spies returned home unharmed and unidentified.

23 hours ago, StevieG said:

I agree with you. it's not all about total ns. Ave ns. tier differences, and nukes plus wonders is what really counts.

alpha wolves alone hitting you is an up declare. which is why I said that "currently it was an updeclare".

with some of A Team moving over to alpha wolves for this war it fully evens it up. and that was the only reason for this. plus it's been hard to find a war.

your leadership has been made aware of this before the fact.

I appreciate those who can debate points without flaming and baiting. good show and good luck.

I had no problems with your members joining the fight but it should have been before the dow. They joined the fight after we made our counters and most D1 members have hit anarchy and i heard their reasons, they were running late. My question to you and AW gov, why wasn't the dow delayed until they joined?

Edited by HiredGun

Its why I'm a proponent of these ops being handled on an individual basis with diplomacy between both govs before any blanket retaliations, if they're caught we can neutralize these ops to the culprit responsible without it affecting everyone else who are abiding by the agreements. But I think its too severe of a punishment to kick long time members over it without looking at all the facts and why they ran a dirty op.  In the case of these ops going undetected, we have to expect we may get outsiders who'll  hit anyone with low spy odds in the hopes they can initiate a full scale dirty op war is another reason why diplomacy is important.

We wont make these agreements with those we don't trust, we'll use the old school rules and only retaliate against those caught using them against innocent nations.

Edit: I'll add that if a gov member retaliates against any innocent nations then all diplomacy and rules are off the table.

Edited by HiredGun