Record of top nations

Blackatron

I'm quite interested to know how the makeup of the top 10 nations has varied over time, obviously Cuba has been top for a few years, and Hime for years before that, but there is very little information about what the rest of the top nations have looked like.

I found this through chance the other day:

dating from late 2014.

I was wondering if anyone had other such screenshots/lists over the last few years, or if there is a tool somewhere that I am not aware of that shows the top nations over time.

EDIT: This may not be the best place for this I know, as it really isn't about anything technical, however it is a question so I decided to put it here over open world RP or gameplay discussion.

Edited by Blackatron

The earliest snapshot of the top5 on the main page was on Nov7 '06

http://web.archive.org/web/20061107185226/http://www.cybernations.net/

The earliest snapshot of the guest nation pages was on Nov14 '16, within that blind week Egoria managed, with just 45.2k NS, to keep it's #1 spot out of 24,869 nations [which had gone up 1,570 nations].

http://web.archive.org/web/20061115235530/http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display_guest.asp?Nation_ID=5108&Extended=1

you can sort this page by "FROM" [about first time included in top 5/10] or "CAPTURES" [number of times {thus about how long} maintained a top 5/10 rank] to get more interesting data

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display_guest.asp*

OK, so how many people here remember when tanks were devalued and everyone's NS went down? That was....2007 or 2008. Probably 2008. (Can't remember which.) Anyway, I would say that NS levels after that date are a bit more representative of actual 'size'. Before then it was far too easy to inflate NS.

49 minutes ago, kingzog said:

OK, so how many people here remember when tanks were devalued and everyone's NS went down? That was....2007 or 2008. Probably 2008. (Can't remember which.) Anyway, I would say that NS levels after that date are a bit more representative of actual 'size'. Before then it was far too easy to inflate NS.

Gentle Persons

The change to Tech value was an even more important change.

4-15-2008
asterisk_red.gifThe nation strength calculation has been updated. Please see the Information Index on nation strength for more information. For the next few days whenever you view a nation display page strength will auto update. You may need to refresh the page to get the new strength calculation.

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

Forgot about that. When the tank revaluation happened I believe my alliance was at war (unsure), and suddenly everyone's NS dropped dramatically -- mine by about 13K -- even though they were armed to the teeth and hadn't suffered any significant damage.

Anyway, my point about stats before that time being inflated stands. Numbers from 2006 and 2007 simply can't be compared with later dates.

No one remember when it was a Top 5 on the homepage that featured; Free Quebec, Ozlund, Bubbler and Danubian States (forget who the 5th was but iirc it changed a fair bit)?

Free Quebec and Ozlund always stick in my mind as having been Top 5 for a long time.

Also when I joined in Apr '07 Danubian was ranked #1 out of 41K players with 83K NS.

On 7/18/2016 at 3:33 AM, Hime Themis said:

Gentle Persons

The change to Tech value was an even more important change.

4-15-2008
asterisk_red.gifThe nation strength calculation has been updated. Please see the Information Index on nation strength for more information. For the next few days whenever you view a nation display page strength will auto update. You may need to refresh the page to get the new strength calculation.

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

^^^ The true number one TBH ^^^ more tech, more infra i am betting more cash too, the only down side is land, come on Dame Hime Themis get that land and take your rightful spot as number one :)

13 hours ago, Devialance said:

^^^ The true number one TBH ^^^ more tech, more infra i am betting more cash too, the only down side is land, come on Dame Hime Themis get that land and take your rightful spot as number one :)

Good Devialance

To each their own strengths and talents. Cuba has the most land and O Ya Baby the most Infra. Each of us has earned our station in different ways and all are deserving of the top moniker. :)

Respectfully

Dame HIme Themis

On 28 July 2016 at 0:57 AM, Hime Themis said:

Good Devialance

To each their own strengths and talents. Cuba has the most land and O Ya Baby the most Infra. Each of us has earned our station in different ways and all are deserving of the top moniker. :)

Respectfully

Dame HIme Themis

I think it is quite neat that the current top 3 have the most land, infra and tech respectively.

Edited by Blackatron

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2016 at 11:25 AM, Blackatron said:

I think it is quite neat that the current top 3 have the most land, infra and tech respectively.

I considered buying 10k infra to pass Hime, but I'm trying to get into the 100 billion warchest club

Edited by Artigo

10 hours ago, Artigo said:

I considered buying 10k infra to pass Hime, but I'm trying to get into the 100 billion warchest club

That seems like an expensive 100 clicks, is Samus' tool even accurate at that level?

Probably more important from you point of view; how much less profit would you make if you were to buy all that infra?

22 hours ago, Artigo said:

Why would you even need 100 billion, lets face it when they come for you and they will your 100 billion wont stand for much, just look at Bones and his friends (didn't you have a pact to always protect each other?) I wouldn't be saving 100 billion i would just become number one in tech, and infra (but i dont think you will ever catch Hime's if she went out of her way to max out land, she would over power you all in a one on one imo :) )

25 minutes ago, Devialance said:

Why would you even need 100 billion, lets face it when they come for you and they will your 100 billion wont stand for much, just look at Bones and his friends (didn't you have a pact to always protect each other?) I wouldn't be saving 100 billion i would just become number one in tech, and infra (but i dont think you will ever catch Hime's if she went out of her way to max out land, she would over power you all in a one on one imo :) )

Not really wanting to go into the political side of this (though I will say that if DBDC ended up like SPTR even Cuba would hit 0 tech before running out of cash if they started of with $100 billion (not that he would hit 0 tech, as he could just buy tech directly when he falls to a couple of thousand and keep himself at that level)), but on the subject of Hime and land if she were to start raiding (which she obviously won't) and there were enough suitable targets with abundant land (which there aren't) then she could probably reach the land cap in under 2 weeks of constant high efficiency wars.

(I based this figure on needing around 300,000 purchased land to hit 500,000 total, and Cuba's land spoils from his recent raids on MHA, to figure it would take Hime only about 40 quads to get to that level, though considering Hime already has 40k land it would probably be more like 35 quads.)

12 hours ago, Blackatron said:

That seems like an expensive 100 clicks, is Samus' tool even accurate at that level?

Probably more important from you point of view; how much less profit would you make if you were to buy all that infra?

Good Blacktron

No the tool is not

Infrastructure Costs Per Level: $2,526,263.63

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

7 minutes ago, Hime Themis said:

Good Blacktron

No the tool is not

Infrastructure Costs Per Level: $2,526,263.63

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

Interesting, thanks.

For those interested, the other relevant figure:

Total cost for 1 infra from 44899.65 infra to 44900.65 infra: $1,713,323.99

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2016 at 8:20 AM, Blackatron said:

Nope, think calculations stop being accurate from around either 15k or 20k infra 

On 7/15/2016 at 10:50 AM, Blackatron said:

I'm quite interested to know how the makeup of the top 10 nations has varied over time, obviously Cuba has been top for a few years, and Hime for years before that, but there is very little information about what the rest of the top nations have looked like.

I found this through chance the other day:

dating from late 2014.

I was wondering if anyone had other such screenshots/lists over the last few years, or if there is a tool somewhere that I am not aware of that shows the top nations over time.

EDIT: This may not be the best place for this I know, as it really isn't about anything technical, however it is a question so I decided to put it here over open world RP or gameplay discussion.

If you want time frames, I can make a list from any time period from around 2013~ to now

1 hour ago, Samus said:

If you want time frames, I can make a list from any time period from around 2013~ to now

Thanks for the offer, I'm plenty happy flicking through the web archive tool, but if it is something you would like to make then I'd certainly be interested.

BTW lyricalz has been down for a day or two at this point, do you know what's up with that?

On 7/21/2016 at 3:57 AM, LJ Scott said:

No one remember when it was a Top 5 on the homepage that featured; Free Quebec, Ozlund, Bubbler and Danubian States (forget who the 5th was but iirc it changed a fair bit)?

Free Quebec and Ozlund always stick in my mind as having been Top 5 for a long time.

Also when I joined in Apr '07 Danubian was ranked #1 out of 41K players with 83K NS.

Oh wow, I remember them! Jeez, it's really been such a long time now...

And it's interesting reading this thread XD. I'm no where near top 10 or even top 100 for that matter, but it's very interesting ^^.

On 8/15/2016 at 11:33 PM, Devialance said:

Bones warchest was a joke for his level and the way he blew it was even a bigger joke. Bones is a bad example in a discussion where all actors are assumed to be rational. 

9 minutes ago, shahenshah said:

Bones warchest was a joke for his level and the way he blew it was even a bigger joke. Bones is a bad example in a discussion where all actors are assumed to be rational. 

The data I have seen indicates he netted ~$1 billion over a 20 day sled, compared to ~$0.6 billion for a regular upper tier nation, so his warchest was smaller than most expected, but I wouldn't call the $13 billion or so he had a joke. And when your tech level is as high as that I'm sure it goes down very quickly.