Imperium Recognition of War

I don't have time to read all the ridiculous log dumps, so someone in the know calibrate me, because this is what I have so far:

1. MInc wants to disband Scotland for:

-poor choice of tech trade partners

-trying to form a micro-bloc with people who have been enemies of MInc in the past

2. Hartfw somehow ends up hosting a peace talk, the end of which results in Scotland not being disbanded in exchange for:

-No joining a bloc for 6 months

-Reevaluating their tech partners

-Apologizing to MInc fpr their transgressions

3.  MInc denies that the disbanding attempt was "for reals"

4.  Junka is unhappy with brokered deal. accuses Cowboys of taking MInc's side

5.  Sengoku feels insulted, MInc attacks SNX in violation of NAP with VG

6.  SNX declares on MInc and Sengoku

That about the size of it?

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

This is why we beat you

And you must realize that's the reason why we end up in these dead end situations? Letting a third party dictate what happens internally isn't just how things work, is it? It kinda tries to shove it up our sovereignitys rear end. I think we've had this same conversation for atleast three times now in a rather short period of time.

18 minutes ago, Walshington said:

If you overlook the fact that SNX was hit before posting the recognition of war with those forementioned "singular" 38 wars, that's what I've managed to gather too.

Edited by AvengerFin

37 minutes ago, Walshington said:

I don't have time to read all the ridiculous log dumps, so someone in the know calibrate me, because this is what I have so far:

-trying to form a micro-bloc with people who have been enemies of MInc in the past

2. Hartfw somehow ends up hosting a peace talk, the end of which results in Scotland not being disbanded in exchange for:

6. SNX recognized war since they attacked us without posting an announcement. The rest is fairly correct more or less.

Edited by Immortan Junka

1 hour ago, Walshington said:

As I said before, even if MInc choses to accept it or not. Even before the peace talks started, Scotland was never invited to the idea of a micro bloc, they were asked, but never invited. So 50% of Mincs reasons to disband are plain wrong. Not that I care if they attempted to disband them or not, it would have brought a palpable difference to the accepted politics, which I'm all for. Notice the distinction of difference in politics, and not the disbanding.

I also don't disagree with Junka on the fact that there was never reason for a "peace deal", as one alliance was called to be disbanded over, which for 50% of the reasons were invalid, for disbandment. I also don't disagree on the reasons for war against SNX, as it does seem Junka could have blunted his criticism of the peace deal, and went about it a different way. 

Since I am technically allied to both sides, via our ODP with SNX, and our Protectorate via Umbrella to Sengoku, and I'm willing to offer mediator for peace in this conflict. 

1 hour ago, Walshington said:

I fundementally disagree with our NAP violation regarding VG, if anything Junka is taking full advantage of VGs loyalty. As well as using our NAP with VG as a 'Free pass' to insult, persecute through Imperium propaganda and belittle our Cowboy friends with absolute lies fueled by 'implications'.

Let the record show that Hartw volunteered an agonizing 6 hours worth of diplomatic talks, constantly off railed by Junka's vendetta of campaigning war and only for him to agree to the terms and then turn around and make false accusations about Sengoku, personal insults to Hartw, and openly belittling SCOTTLAND's apology of antagonism.

Their antagonism was supported with clear facts (Junka refused to acknowledge) and of which was aformentionally agreed to by all parties who were stakeholders in the peace summit, including M Inc, including Junka, Including VG and most importantly, including SCOTLAND. 

Do not let Junka undermine M Inc's and VG's current diplomatic progress, which will take place again tonight- to be anything more than Junka using them for their lower tier fighting ability.

An akward circumstance considering Junka did not need, and in fact 'asked' DK not to enter on his behalf only a few months back...

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

4.5) three nights in a row of ooc attacks and constant harassment because an ally didn't get hit by someone that wasn't going to hit them in the first place.

2 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

I truly hope that one day you take over SNX (seriously)- as they could genuinely use a leader like yourself who the people on Planet Bob can at least comprehend and have reasonable dialogue with.

o/ salute

Don`t copy Sephiroth`s views, as they are not your own: it just makes you his parrot (you imitate it, but do not understand it)

11 minutes ago, Auctor said:

4.5) three nights in a row of ooc attacks and constant harassment because an ally didn't get hit by someone that wasn't going to hit them in the first place.

Now that's false, comparing you/hartfw to Moo after opening up my query and started blasting SNX with threats of attack for publicly criticizing Sengoku's backing of Minc is not an "OOC attack."

Want me to post the logs?

Edited by Immortan Junka

3 minutes ago, Walshington said:

Maybe you could elucidate on that for those of us who are curious but a bit to lazy to search the logs.

It's pretty easy, really. When a chihuahua has big strong friends, it convinces itself that it's a big dog, too.

At first it's funny, then it's annoying. Finally it's Monster Inc.

Looking forward to the moment when Coculus eventually cuts Lord Malaprop loose. Would be willing to bet he has no idea how close that day is.

7 minutes ago, kingzog said:

It's pretty easy, really. When a chihuahua has big strong friends, it convinces itself that it's a big dog, too.

At first it's funny, then it's annoying. Finally it's Monster Inc.

Looking forward to the moment when Coculus eventually cuts Lord Malaprop loose. Would be willing to bet he has no idea how close that day is.

Well the Polar protectorate didn't work out for a reason, takes quite a bit of hubris for someone else to repeat that mistake.

3 minutes ago, Fox Fire said:

So basically peace talks hosted by a third party have resulted in war with said third party..... Interesting...

Pretty much, yeah. And after peace was agreed to by all and everyone went on their way.

But Tywin made clear his position that he didn't intend to actually stick to peace a few pages back -- claiming that a bad peace was worse than war --  and thus went out of his way to be so repugnant that a war would happen anyway.

2 minutes ago, hartfw said:

Pretty much, yeah. And after peace was agreed to by all and everyone went on their way.

But Tywin made clear his position that he didn't intend to actually stick to peace a few pages back -- claiming that a bad peace was worse than war --  and thus went out of his way to be so repugnant that a war would happen anyway.

If you ignore the fact that SNX was attacked first, or that this whole thing started because Lord Malaprop wanted to flex his puny biceps, then yes.

Just man up and say that you were on MI's side from the beginning. The fake neutrality schtick is fooling no one.

6 minutes ago, kingzog said:

Just man up and say that you were on MI's side from the beginning. The fake neutrality schtick is fooling no one.

Except the fact that my position was made abundantly clear that I wanted a diplomatic solution.  And I went on record supporting SNX's right to exist.  And have in the past talked friends down from attacking SNX.

The entire point of the talks was to get a non war solution -- which succeeded.  And would have ended the matter if Tywin did not start attacking me personally repeatedly from about 6 hours after everyone went on their merry way from there.

But yeah, if you ignore all the facts, and start from a position of ignorance, I could see how you could jump to a faulty conclusion.  However, thats your bias and ignorance not the reality of the situation.

Edited by hartfw

8 minutes ago, kingzog said:

If you ignore the fact that SNX was attacked first, or that this whole thing started because Lord Malaprop wanted to flex his puny biceps, then yes.

What do you want us to say? M Inc/Scotland- no prior talks to Cowboys/Sengoku/NG.

Hartfw offered a peace summit, no talks before or after that.

What else can I make clear? Do yo want me to lie and say that there was a grand scheme to align with NGs Shark Week?

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

4 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

What do you want us to say?

M Inc/Scotland- no prior talks to Cowboys/Sengoku/NG.

Hartw offered a peace summit, no talks before or after that.

What else can I make clear?

Well, what I asked for before:

32 minutes ago, Walshington said:

Maybe you could elucidate on that for those of us who are curious but a bit to lazy to search the logs.

Hartfw's role in the negotiations, in his own words, was to backup LH's position until LH got what he wanted. He was not some neutral observer, he was supporting his "friend's" micro gunpoint drama with macro firepower, with the implication that a war of escalation would take place if SCOTLAND rejected terms.

And when I pointed out that this was not some act of benevolence by Sengoku, but rather them politically backing Minc's antics, hartfw flew into a rage, querying me on IRC making threats, and finally attacking us last night.

Sorry for ruining your perfect narrative hartfw, but acter all these years I assume you knew me better than that.

22 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

Hartfw's role in the negotiations, in his own words, was to backup LH's position until LH got what he wanted. He was not some neutral observer, he was supporting his "friend's" micro gunpoint drama with macro firepower, with the implication that a war of escalation would take place if SCOTLAND rejected terms.

And when I pointed out that this was not some act of benevolence by Sengoku, but rather them politically backing Minc's antics, hartfw flew into a rage, querying me on IRC making threats, and finally attacking us last night.

Sorry for ruining your perfect narrative hartfw, but acter all these years I assume you knew me better than that.

I now know you to be the slime and filth that you are.  Encouraging that situation to not go to war was a mistake.  

But the peace that caused you to behave so poorly had literally both sides apologizing to each other and everyone satisfied with a non war outcome but you.

Edited by hartfw

11 minutes ago, hartfw said:

Except the fact that my position was made abundantly clear that I wanted a diplomatic solution.  And I went on record supporting SNX's right to exist.  And have in the past talked friends down from attacking SNX.

The entire point of the talks was to get a non war solution -- which succeeded.  And would have ended the matter if Tywin did not start attacking me personally repeatedly from about 6 hours after everyone went on their merry way from there.

But yeah, if you ignore all the facts, and start from a position of ignorance, I could see how you could jump to a faulty conclusion.  However, thats your bias and ignorance not the reality of the situation.

Come in on the side of the aggressor, get branded an aggressor.

Don't like it? Too bad, I guess.

For the record, you both walk and talk like a duck.

3 minutes ago, Rush Sykes said:

the worst part is watching people I have respected for a long time allow themselves to be dragged into Minc idiocy and SNX idiocy. This is what happens when nobody tries anymore.

This idiocy is the only thing on TV at the moment.

Whatchagonnado?

29 minutes ago, hartfw said:

I now know you to be the slime and filth that you are.  Encouraging that situation to not go to war was a mistake.  

But the peace that caused you to behave so poorly had literally both sides apologizing to each other and everyone satisfied with a non war outcome but you.

I honestly have other things I would rather do with my free time than beat back yet another wave of barbarians from the Imperium, but that doesn't mean I believe in peace at any price either. Nothing I did or said forced you to back up Minc's typical behavior, nor did I force you attack my members.

I merely pointed out the obvious, and you reacted in a typical overcompensating manner, as if I ought to be grateful for your past "benevolence." I neither asked for it nor desired it, I merely wanted us to be left alone. But now that we are here, I'm not sure why you expect me to be browbeaten because you have numbers on your side. That's an advantage I've never needed to fight a war.

Edited by Immortan Junka

34 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

Hartfw's role in the negotiations, in his own words, was to backup LH's position

Harwt backed up a peaceful resolution involving both parties apologize, yes.

with the implication that a war of escalation would take place if SCOTLAND rejected terms.

So Hartw backed a no wars term and you are saying that war would have broken out had they not accepted a 'no wars' term? Shocking.

And when I pointed out that this was not some act of benevolence by Sengoku, but rather them politically backing Minc's antics, hartfw flew into a rage

No, you threw a tantrum, 'implied' a bunch of lies, insulted- and even XxHouseArrestXx who's at war with one of Sengoku's allies mentioned that you need to quit while you're ahead.

Hawrt flew into a rage because he literally spent 6 hours of talks for all parties to agree for you to tantrum after the peace deal was agreed by all parties, followed by personal insults. 

Sorry for ruining your perfect narrative hartfw

What part did you ruin?

Edited by Lord Hitchcock