Imperium Recognition of War

QaFXiqU.png

Following a series of unprovoked attacks against our membership, the Imperium recognizes a state of war with Monsters Inc and Sengoku.

The nature of these attacks are especially significant as they take place during the week-long anniversary of the July Revolution. At that time, our alliance was outnumbered 20 to 1 and faced open calls for our extermination. In the year since this conflict for our survival, the Imperium has prepared for this moment. During recent "negotiations," our allies in SCOTLAND were threatened with force disbandment if they did not accept terms that included an apology for unspecified "aggravation." While Monsters Inc has long harassed the Imperium and our allies, what was troubling was that a well-connected alliance, Sengoku, supported these provocations openly.

In the disbandment demand thread, we posted our protests today regarding Sengoku's support of Monster's Inc's threats and provocations. These protests were met by privately messaged threats from Sengoku, declaring their intent to attack Supernova X. The Imperium does not cower in the face of bullying, and will meet these invaders on the battlefield, for as long as it takes to deter further unmerited aggression.

Of note is the fact that, in launching these attacks, Monsters Inc has violated a Non-Aggression Pact recently signed with our allies in Varangian Guard. This is true to their nature as oath-breakers and deceivers, and we ask for, nor expect, quarter in the struggle to come.

For us, this struggle will parallel that of our Revolution, when we threw off the chains of slavery in the face of annihilation. It is the struggle fought from the moral right... where we defend against the hideous persecutions of the past... that creates strength of character in our members and gives us the strength to face the future unburdened by fear of tyrants and their sycophants.

For those looking to enslave or disband us, you will be in it for the long haul. I hope you are prepared.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

To celebrate the "July Revolution" and the 'struggle' SNX immediately orders peace mode!

K03CR9d.jpg

You're a real slimy bastard Hitchcock.

I know that your alliance is populated primarily by people who don't care if their nations get curb stomped into nothingness, which is why all of you are in the lower tier, but most alliances aren't and as the leader of SNX Junka has the responsibility to protect his membership, which means getting those fighting against untenable odds into peace mode. 

Just now, Immortan Junka said:

It's nice for you to show our members just what kind of people we are fighting, Lord Hitchcock. Spying, threats of disbandment, and breaking NAPs suit you and your friends so well.

Don't get mad at me, this guy sent it to us:

To: kingneptune From: Kylo Ren Date: 7/12/2016 12:31:37 AM

Subject: War

Message: I've just rebuilt my infrastructure and do not want another war on my hands. As a largely neutral party, I do not want to see this escalate or continue. Please accept my peace offer. (I was heading for PM minutes before your attack, so there will be no aggression on my part.)

I have acted only defensively thus far and I ask that you take no further action against me.

Just now, Blackatron said:

as the leader of SNX Junka has the responsibility to protect his membership, which means getting those fighting against untenable odds into peace mode. 

In which case, going out and actively picking fights with those encouraging peace for his alliance wasn't that great of an idea.  

9 minutes ago, hartfw said:

In which case, going out and actively picking fights with those encouraging peace for his alliance wasn't that great of an idea.  

You did nothing of the sort, you merely enabled Lord Hitchcock's antics and backed up his threats against our ally. All we did was point out your political ties to Monsters Inc, and you threw yourself into a fit when you queried me about it. 

So this war is directly tied to your friend's 2008-era threats against our ally.

I was there.

So be it.

"Pardon one offense and you encourage the commission of many."

Edited by Immortan Junka

In response to the current war, I plan to write a series of essays relating to the tyranny of the Imperium and the damage they inflict on free nations.

My first essay will be entitled "How the Imperium Treats Peaceful Diplomats"

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

2 minutes ago, Mogar said:

I see a single nation declaring war.

Obviously the barbarians are at the gates, but depending on how long the aggressors desire to attack us, this will be like Doom War... we'll consolidate our strength in the lower tiers. We have the moral high ground here.

12 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

You did nothing of the sort, you merely enabled Lord Hitchcock's antics and backed up his threats against our ally. All we did was point out your political ties to Monsters Inc, and you threw yourself into a fit when you queried me about it. 

So this war is directly tied to your friend's 2008-era threats against our ally.

I was there.

So be it.

"Pardon one offense and you encourage the commission of many."

You may have been there, but your ability to accurately state anything about there is non-existent.

<Immortan_Junka> I am not a good sport
<hartfw[Cowboys]> People have come together to reach a diplomatic solution
<Immortan_Junka> I fight dirty
<hartfw[Cowboys]> Otherwise they would have attacked
<L_H> Scotland has pledged to do anything to resolve the issue outside of disbanding, i think those are reasonable terms
<hartfw[Cowboys]> I wish this spirit of diplomacy was mirrored
<Pansy> Junka, you are a sport &#036;%&amp;@ to NG
<L_H> lol
<Pansy> if you want to participate or not
<Morphine> LH what were the terns again?
<L_H> <Pansy> Junka, you are a sport &#036;%&amp;@ to NG that would make an epic sig
<L_H> terms for scotland "an apology of past antagonism, a promise to reassess their current tech dealings, and a month period of withstanding from any sort of bloc connection"
<Immortan_Junka> Sounds like BS to me
<L_H> that's because you only care about yourself
<hartfw[Cowboys]> those are terms that Cowboys can support
<L_H> let's remember this is for Scotland, no you
<hartfw[Cowboys]> they ask for no personal gain
<Caustic> these are terms that NG can support
<Morphine> Explain to me the reassess tech deals. What do you mean by that? They reassess them? What if they find nothing
<Immortan_Junka> No, I don't believe in appeasement
<Immortan_Junka> How many of our allies have you harassed now
<hartfw[Cowboys]> well, if you wish to encourage your ally to start an aggressive war, you are free to
<Pansy> These are terms that Sengoku can support Cowboys and NG supporting MInc
<hartfw[Cowboys]> I feel like Minc is coming forward with a non war terms
<hartfw[Cowboys]> that are about the issues

Cowboys supported the peaceful resolution of the differences. Your continual claims to the contrary show you to be a faulty leader.

9 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

Supernova X didn't attack anyone.

You attacked Hartw's character, you've attacked Sengoku's own self existence in every damning way possible, you've attacked scotlands own posted apology, you've attacked anyone who doesn't abide by your way of life, you've attacked M Inc's core values (when we weren't even out to get you), you've attacked and belittled peaceful diplomats, .

but above all, you've attacked SNX.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

3 minutes ago, hartfw said:

You may have been there, but your ability to accurately state anything about there is non-existent.

<Immortan_Junka> I am not a good sport
<hartfw[Cowboys]> People have come together to reach a diplomatic solution
<Immortan_Junka> I fight dirty
<hartfw[Cowboys]> Otherwise they would have attacked
<L_H> Scotland has pledged to do anything to resolve the issue outside of disbanding, i think those are reasonable terms
<hartfw[Cowboys]> I wish this spirit of diplomacy was mirrored
<Pansy> Junka, you are a sport &#036;%&amp;@ to NG
<L_H> lol
<Pansy> if you want to participate or not
<Morphine> LH what were the terns again?
<L_H> <Pansy> Junka, you are a sport &#036;%&amp;@ to NG that would make an epic sig
<L_H> terms for scotland "an apology of past antagonism, a promise to reassess their current tech dealings, and a month period of withstanding from any sort of bloc connection"
<Immortan_Junka> Sounds like BS to me
<L_H> that's because you only care about yourself
<hartfw[Cowboys]> those are terms that Cowboys can support
<L_H> let's remember this is for Scotland, no you
<hartfw[Cowboys]> they ask for no personal gain
<Caustic> these are terms that NG can support
<Morphine> Explain to me the reassess tech deals. What do you mean by that? They reassess them? What if they find nothing
<Immortan_Junka> No, I don't believe in appeasement
<Immortan_Junka> How many of our allies have you harassed now
<hartfw[Cowboys]> well, if you wish to encourage your ally to start an aggressive war, you are free to
<Pansy> These are terms that Sengoku can support Cowboys and NG supporting MInc
<hartfw[Cowboys]> I feel like Minc is coming forward with a non war terms
<hartfw[Cowboys]> that are about the issues

Cowboys supported the peaceful resolution of the differences. Your continual claims to the contrary show you to be a faulty leader.

Except that you repeatedly supported Monsters Inc's aggressive demands against SCOTLAND, under threat of forced disbandment if the terms were not accepted at gunpoint:

[7/10/2016 10:54:29 AM] @hartfw[Cowboys]: To the extent that Scotland may be viewed as a collection of rogue nations undertaking in heinous actions against what is allowed
[7/10/2016 10:54:44 AM] @hartfw[Cowboys]: The very nature of them as an alliance is under attack, no?
[7/10/2016 10:56:28 AM] RightHonorable[SNX]:  If they are using multis that is a issue better resolved by the game administration, not I.
[7/10/2016 10:57:15 AM] @hartfw[Cowboys]: On the otherhand, defending that would be wrong, no?
[7/10/2016 10:57:35 AM] @hartfw[Cowboys]: I;m not presuming guilt here
[7/10/2016 10:57:54 AM] @hartfw[Cowboys]: But if you are aware of it and defend it, aren't you tacitly an accomplice?

[7/10/2016 11:00:58 AM] RightHonorable[SNX]: However at this point you are just making accusations without factual backing
[7/10/2016 11:02:13 AM] @hartfw[Cowboys]: I think its more
[7/10/2016 11:02:22 AM] @hartfw[Cowboys]: establishing the result of what actual backing would be
[7/10/2016 11:02:29 AM] @hartfw[Cowboys]: If the result of actual backing is nothing

[7/10/2016 11:17:45 AM] @hartfw[Cowboys]: My interest here is making sure my L_H is satisfied with the resolution, and I persoanlly have no direct qualms with Scotland
[7/10/2016 11:18:03 AM] @hartfw[Cowboys]: A pot of coffee and some diplomacy, lets see where we end up.

[7/10/2016 1:42:22 PM] L_H: terms for scotland: "an apology of past antagonism, a promise to reassess their current tech dealings, and a 6 month period of withstanding from any sort of bloc connection"
[7/10/2016 1:42:44 PM] Immortan_Junka: Sounds like BS to me
[7/10/2016 1:42:53 PM] L_H: that's because you only care about yourself
[7/10/2016 1:43:05 PM] @hartfw[Cowboys]: those are terms that Cowboys can support

[7/10/2016 1:43:12 PM] Caustic: these are terms that NG can support

13 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

(not sure I should quote this)

My position on what I found acceptable as a peace was clearly posted.  I made it abundantly clear.

As for the rest, I'm not sure how much of this I can say here.  

[OOC: But I'm really not comfortable with the fact that you are posting about other potential ToS violations repeatedly. But yes, as I said then I absolutely think if SNX is aware of TOS violations in Scotland  and is doing nothing or ingame defending them they absolutely should do something about it different.  Thats just basic common sense and decency if not abiding by the ToS. 

[7/10/2016 10:57:15 AM] @hartfw[Cowboys]: On the otherhand, defending that would be wrong, no?
[7/10/2016 10:57:35 AM] @hartfw[Cowboys]: I;m not presuming guilt here
[7/10/2016 10:57:54 AM] @hartfw[Cowboys]: But if you are aware of it and defend it, aren't you tacitly an accomplice?
]

Frankly, I think any and all players should have this stance towards ToS violations.

Edited by hartfw

The declarations of war by Monsters Inc. on our treaty partners SNX is considered a violation of our recently signed NAP. This was discussed in private on IRC with Lord Hitchcock. VG now considers the NAP to be invalidated on these grounds. However, before the war escalates even further, we will be attempting a diplomatic solution to this conflict and humbly ask that any parties that have yet to enter the conflict (on both sides) refrain from doing so until diplomacy has run its course. While we look forward to further building relations with Monsters Inc and putting an end to all hostile actions between us and our respective allies, we condemn these attacks on SNX as well as any unparliamentary language on their part. In the spirit of a mutual desire to build further relations between us, I ask that those on both sides of the fence keep a cool head and attempt reason and dialogue over war and petty insults.

9 minutes ago, hartfw said:

My position on what I found acceptable as a peace was clearly posted.  I made it abundantly clear.

As for the rest, I'm not sure how much of this I can say here.

[OOC: But I'm really not comfortable with the fact that you speculated on mod identiitesor that you are posting about other potential ToS violations repeatedly.

But yes, as I said then I absolutely think if SNX is aware of TOS violations in Scotland  and is doing nothing or ingame defending them they absolutely should do something about it different.  Thats just basic common sense and decency if not abiding by the ToS. ]

If you wanted to distance yourself from Monsters Inc's behavior, all you had to do was say you didn't support it and Sengoku was neutral in the matter. It's that simple. Instead we received credible intelligence that you would have supported Monsters Inc militarily should we have defended SCOTLAND against Minc's aggression. You legitimized Monsters Inc's behavior by proposing a "negotiations" circus rather than allowing us to handle the problem unencumbered, a circus where your other ally Caustic repeatedly threatened to attack Supernova X. Then you got mad because I protested your support of Monsters Inc.

You and your cohorts have been fishing for a war with Supernova X, and now you got it. And I honestly don't mind you being so visibly attached to your new buddies in Minc right after they threatened our ally with forced disbandment, leak internal SNX communications, and break their NAP.

Edited by Immortan Junka

10 minutes ago, hartfw said:

May I know which of the following alliances Minc and Sengoku have a problem with for buying tech?

• Doombird Doomcave
  • Old Guard
  • Knights of the Round Table
  • Supernova X
  • ROMA
  • Fellowship of The Wolves
2 minutes ago, hartfw said:

[OOC: But I'm really not comfortable with the fact that you speculated on mod identiitesor that you are posting about other potential ToS violations repeatedly.

But yes, as I said then I absolutely think if SNX is aware of TOS violations in Scotland  and is doing nothing or ingame defending them they absolutely should do something about it different.  Thats just basic common sense and decency if not abiding by the ToS. ]

[OOC] This is absolutely ridiculous; people attempting to punish others for alleged TOS violations by attacking them in game, if you believe that there are TOS violations then report them, if you have no evidence to back up your claims then the principle of innocent until proven guilty must surely apply, thus using it as some kind of CB is equally ridiculous [/OOC]

2 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

And I honestly don't mind you being so visibly attached to your new buddies in Minc 

We're not that bad once you get to know us.

Perfect timing however, as your ally literally just responded in the post above about their (and our) desire to get closer together in the future.

And while I will bravado VG on their current stance- I just hope they understand that Junka never wanted peace in the first round of diplomatic talks and he campaigned insults against Hartw directly after.

I will be on tomorrow night to discuss with VG about our efforts, but make no mistake- we stand by Cowboys as they cleanse themselves of Junka's own malicious intent.