48hr notice to disband- Statement from Monsters Inc

5 hours ago, ScandinavianTaco said:

I hope all observers in this conflict recognize Scotland's willingness to solve this problem diplomatically, and the ensuing attack would therefore be without just cause and be no different than any other raid. In that case, I hope for support from any alliance that abhors such attacks, but again, I hope and will do all in my power to ensure it doesn't come to that.

Edit: I will do anything up to the point of disbanding the AA.

Anyone who wishes to speak on the matter feel free to send a message to me in game, and I'll try and check the forums on here until this matter is finished. Leaders or nations who would like to help form a contingency plan, please contact me as well, coordinated efforts are being planned in real time, as this appears to be a time-sensitive issue.

In the spirit of this diplomatic effort, Cowboys will be setting up the channel #Scotlandtalks immediately.

All those stakeholders interested in achieving a diplomatic solution are welcome to join and partake.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, ScandinavianTaco said:

Okay, I don't usually post on forums outside AA but I feel this warrants my presence. I've gotten multiple telegrams from members of my alliance (Scotland) scared out of their minds because of this post

You should post on here more often, it's a fun community.

10 minutes ago, hartfw said:

In the spirit of this diplomatic effort, Cowboys will be setting up the channel #Scotlandtalks immediately.

All those stakeholders interested in achieving a diplomatic solution are welcome to join and partake.

Monsters Inc is always interested in achieving diplomatic solution and will be attending this summit.

11 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

No, I mean 'terrorists'

Such abuse of the word when little has been done by these "terrorists."

You remind me of the seagull, that fancy farflung bird that dots our lands. Full of !@#$ and full of noise.

8 hours ago, Blackatron said:
20 hours ago, Caliph said:

Interesting.

Forced to stay in an alliance he chose for a arbitrary (but relatively short) period of time; Tyranny!

Micro of young nations threatened with disbandment by a micro of older heavily wondered nations; Interesting.

This post wins the thread so far. touche'

19 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

I probably shouldn't waste my time, but since others are reading this it's a good opportunity to enlighten  force bad propaganda down people's throats

fixed that for ya

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

A year ago there were people who desired to "exterminate" Supernova X from this world, capitalizing on our temporarily weak position and lack of leadership to perpetrate the worst type of tyranny, tyranny which had not been seen since the age of EZI, viceroys, and forced disbandments.

What we are seeing today in this thread is nothing new, it is the same ugliness which has driven thousands of nations from our world and would now drive away a small, peaceful group of nations which has, like my own alliance, repeatedly found itself under attack for committing the crime of daring to exist.

It is perhaps this shared history of persecution and resistance to tyranny which has brought SCOTLAND and the Imperium closer together, and regardless of the rumored support of larger entities wishing to return us to an era that entities like Vox Populi stood up against, there are times when we must reach deep down to find courage, draw the line, and say "this we defend."

12 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

A year ago there were people who desired to "exterminate" Supernova X from this world,

It was Shark week and there was no vendetta to exterminate SNX. In fact, you aligned yourself with NG anyway.

capitalizing on our temporarily weak position and lack of leadership to perpetrate the worst type of tyranny,

Nothing has changed here.

tyranny which had not been seen since the age of EZI, viceroys, and forced disbandments.

you mean back when there were much more interesting politics and many more active nations?

What we are seeing today in this thread is nothing new,

forced micro disbandments are a daily occurrence

it is the same ugliness which has driven thousands of nations from our world and would now drive away a small, peaceful group of nations

Better than rotting out like a knights of kni.

which has, like my own alliance, repeatedly found itself under attack for committing the crime of daring to exist.

Yes, that's why...

It is perhaps this shared history of persecution and resistance to tyranny which has brought SCOTLAND and the Imperium closer together,

I do see the resemblance.

and regardless of the rumored support of larger entities

What rumors?

wishing to return us to an era that entities like Vox Populi stood up against,

No, just no.

there are times when we must reach deep down to find courage, draw the line, and say "this we defend."

Is that what happened when you forced an alliance to join SNX at gun point.?

I visited the Scotland forum and they turned someone down as a would-be member because their name included the word 'fanny'. (Yes, I am aware of the meaning of this word outside of North America, but honestly....) This made me giggle, but it hardly seems like the actions of a 'terrorist group'.

Other than that, this is now boring.

Scotland would like to apologize for Scotland antagonzing Monsters Inc. Monsters Inc also aplogizes for threatening Scotland with war. In the future we will review our current tech dealing position and will attempt to show more transparency in our dealings. We also refrain from joining a micro bloc for 6 months and in doing so, M Inc has agreed to a 6 month NAP. Signed

St Mungo.

I am glad to see this posted.

It shows that diplomacy is not dead in this world and I would like the thank the following:

Cowboys- for volunteering peace talks 

Non Grata- for setting a tone of a peaceful environment

Super Nova X- for agreeing for once

Scotland- for apologizing about their antagonistic ways

Atlas- for ensuring a more stable brown sphere

AG- for really driving diplomacy for us all

It's rare that gems like this ever occur, and I am proud of our unconditional efforts to exert a more peaceful existence for us all.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

14 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

I am glad to see this posted.

It shows that diplomacy is not dead in this world and I would like the thank the following:

Cowboys- for volunteering peace talks 

Glad to help our friends.

ZVVjYYL.jpg

hartfw OWF spokesman for cowboys

On 7/9/2016 at 11:45 PM, Blackatron said:

Forced to stay in an alliance he chose for a arbitrary (but relatively short) period of time; Tyranny!

Micro of young nations threatened with disbandment by a micro of older heavily wondered nations; Interesting.

Well yes, interesting.  Because I've been in alliances that were faced with disbandment.  Nobody can disband an alliance except themselves.  

What they can do is war you for as long as they want.  But FAN survived perma war.  VE came back from disbandment.  \m/ finally came back after several failed attempts due to NPO and IRON working to keep it away.  Goons even came back under the protection of NpO and NPO.  Disbandment can only be done if you disband your alliance, nobody can force you to do that.  There are numerous examples of people resisting the term "disband or perma war", there are numerous examples of alliances coming back from disbandment when the climate has changed.

So nut up or shut up.  

8 hours ago, Caliph said:

Well yes, interesting.  Because I've been in alliances that were faced with disbandment.  Nobody can disband an alliance except themselves.  

What they can do is war you for as long as they want.  But FAN survived perma war.  VE came back from disbandment.  \m/ finally came back after several failed attempts due to NPO and IRON working to keep it away.  Goons even came back under the protection of NpO and NPO.  Disbandment can only be done if you disband your alliance, nobody can force you to do that.  There are numerous examples of people resisting the term "disband or perma war", there are numerous examples of alliances coming back from disbandment when the climate has changed.

So nut up or shut up.  

I think the noteworthy thing is that SCOTLAND harmed nobody, but a call for forced disbandment was not only tolerated, it was supported on the account of "friendship" by institutionally connected alliances. And there's a good chance a war would have occured if SCOTLAND was not supported by men of good moral backbone.

If that is not a cautionary tale about the political state this world is in, I'm not sure what is.

Edited by Immortan Junka

23 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

Not to mention LH couldn't provide any examples of SCOTLAND being "antagonistic," but at least the other apology makes sense.

48 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

I think the noteworthy thing is that SCOTLAND harmed nobody, but a call for forced disbandment was not only tolerated, it was supported on the account of "friendship" by institutionally connected alliances. And there's a good chance a war would have occured if SCOTLAND was not supported by men of good moral backbone.

If that is not a cautionary tale about the political state this world is in, I'm not sure what is.

Are you saying Scotland's apology of antagonizing Monsters Inc was not a genuine apology?

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

23 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Are you saying Scotland's apology of antagonizing Monsters Inc was not a genuine apology?

Did you show me any proof of "antagonism" on their part? Your word has very little credibility and I'm not inclined to accept your claims without proof.

Edited by Immortan Junka

3 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

You seem to have caught a case of the Caliphs.

Those politically connected alliances encouraged peace, while you attempted to prevent the presentation of peaceful terms to Scotland.  I've twice worked hard to achieve a diplomatic solution when war with SNX was threatened.  I won't a third time, your slanderous libel is not the thanks a diplomat of peace deserves.