Helheim Declaration of War

2 hours ago, Schattenmann said:

Everyone knows their history books and where you were and who you were cheering for.

Ohhhhh, I get it!  It's 1:1 ideas rather than gravity of the situation.

Don't be a boob, Haf.  Caliph's comparison of this term to the bad ole days is a joke because frankly being kept in a golden cage is a joke of a term on the harsh-o-meter.  But if he wants to put the ebil NPO mask on Polaris, let's get real about his own history when he and his compadres had a chance to really change the way things were done.

When me and my friends were in charge we implemented white peace after beating people down.

I have no objections to the beat down.  I joined a war and knew the consequences.  But what I'm talking about is the !@#$%^&* terms associated with this one.  Can you name a war that I publicly supported recently that didn't end in white peace?  

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Schattenmann said:

Coming from the one who carried MK's water.  Hah!

I'd ask for an example, but it's far more fun to adopt your content-free rhetorical style, and just respond with:

"....said the guy who was one of the first to bow to Pacifica post-Karma."

1 hour ago, kingzog said:

I'd ask for an example, but it's far more fun to adopt your content-free rhetorical style, and just respond with:

"....said the guy who was one of the first to bow to Pacifica post-Karma."

Come, zog, I think everyone can forgive Nordreich's survivalist instincts in signing up to be a toadie, after all, most of them did it too.  But what won't stand is your clumsy ~cAlLoUt~ of Polaris' history given NoR's.  And I know everyone can tell you how little bowing went on between CoJ and NPO.

9 hours ago, Caliph said:

When me and my friends were in charge we implemented white peace after beating people down.

I have no objections to the beat down.  I joined a war and knew the consequences.  But what I'm talking about is the !@#$%^&* terms associated with this one.  Can you name a war that I publicly supported recently that didn't end in white peace?  

When you and your friends were in charge, the idea of the beat down was to destroy alliances into disbandment.

You're both alright guys, personally, but the simple fact which aroused my interest is that neither one of you has anything to say about- or any business bringing up history, hypocrisy, or sycophancy .  That's all.  And you just don't.  I found it amusing.

Edited by Schattenmann

8 hours ago, Schattenmann said:

When you and your friends were in charge, the idea of the beat down was to destroy alliances into disbandment.

3 hours ago, Caliph said:

Citation needed.

Being as I came from one of the Alliances/Spheres you repeatedly beat down, the above underlined was the general consensus of most people/AA's, whether or not you offered White Peace after is kinda irrelevant. Sorry to rain on your "DH was just!" parade, but you know. Calling it as I saw it.

5 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

Being as I came from one of the Alliances/Spheres you repeatedly beat down, the above underlined was the general consensus of most people/AA's, whether or not you offered White Peace after is kinda irrelevant. Sorry to rain on your "DH was just!" parade, but you know. Calling it as I saw it.

We beat people down and gave them white peace after.  Anything else is just historical revisionism at its finest.

1 hour ago, Caliph said:

Anything else is just historical revisionism at its finest.

I already linked you to the thread where the architecture was laid out as it was happening in 2010.  Maybe you were just ignorant as to why you were going to war.

And since we're still here, your retarded lies about white peace are the historical revisionism going on here.

Peace terms in the DH-NPO War: $2 Billion in reparations ($1B from Legion alone), and a month long extended war against the top tier of Pacifica.  A further 26,000 tech from TOOL.
In the Dave War: extended war of top-tier MCXA nations. 
In the TOP-C&G War: reps totaling over $1 Billion and tens-of-thousands of tech, most of it blood money to GOONS and 40,000 tech from Legion.

It is outright laughable that you would stand here pissing and moaning about peace terms of "stay in an alliance for 6 months" shored up with farcical claims of "when we ruled the roost, we just gave white peace!"  Your alliance and its allies started countless wars of aggression without provocation in an ideological scheme to wreck alliances into disbandment, by war damage and then weight of reparations.

Someone should slap your insolent jaw.

Edited by Schattenmann

5 minutes ago, Schattenmann said:

I already linked you to the thread where the architecture was laid out as it was happening in 2010.  Maybe you were just ignorant as to why you were going to war.

And since we're still here, your retarded lies about white peace are the historical revisionism going on here.

Peace terms in the DH-NPO War: $2 Billion in reparations ($1B from Legion alone), and a month long extended war against the top tier of Pacifica.  A further 26,000 tech from TOOL.
In the Dave War: extended war of top-tier MCXA nations. 
In the TOP-C&G War: reps totaling over $1 Billion and tens-of-thousands of tech, most of it blood money to GOONS and 40,000 tech from Legion.

It is outright laughable that you would stand here pissing and moaning about peace terms of "stay in an alliance for 6 months" shore dup with farcicle claims of "when we ruled the roost, we just gave white peace!"

Someone should slap your jaw.

Except there wasn't a month longer war for NPO's top tier in that war.  

I wasn't in Umbrella until after the DH-NPO war, I was still in \m/ at the time.

TOP C&G war still in \m/ where we had a minimal impact backing up PC.  We had no reps given to us.

So another swing and a miss for you.

I have never received reparations in my entire time here.

Edited by Caliph

13 minutes ago, Caliph said:

I have never received reparations in my entire time here.

1 hour ago, Caliph said:

We beat people down and gave them white peace after.  Anything else is just historical revisionism at its finest.

Ah yes, there it is, the magical shifting mealymouthery common to all of you.  From "WE" to "me."  We, we, we never did nought.  Ohhh, right, well, we did, we did, but I personally...

This is why a lying mouth must be slapped, a slap is a sign of utter contempt, and this little charade is utterly contemptible.  You, Caliph, are contemptible in this moment.  We vote, as has been the case for the entirety of history, with our feet.  You, personally, Caliph, stood shoulder to shoulder with your alliance mates and allies, you went to war on their behalf, you fought to enact their vision, and as a member of the alliance you personally gained from all of these things. 

Sing your golden cage blues until December, and think about how nice it is that 2007 was the last time you faced terms anything like what you enacted when you were on top.

Edited by Schattenmann

2 minutes ago, Schattenmann said:

Ah yes, there it is, the magical shifting mealymouthery common to all of you.  From "WE" to "me."  We, we, we never did nought.  Ohhh, right, well, we did, we did, but I personally...

This is why a lying mouth must be slapped, a slap is a sign of utter contempt, and this little charade is utterly contemptible.  You, Caliph, are contemptible.  We vote, as has been the case for the entirety of history, with our feet.  You, personally, Caliph, stood shoulder to shoulder with your alliance mates and allies, you went to war on their behalf, you fought to enact their vision, and as a member of the alliance you personally gained from all of these things. 

Sing your golden cage blues until December, and think about how nice it is that 2007 was the last time you faced terms anything like what you enacted when you were on top.

The alliances that I have been in have never received reparations while I was a member.  

I have never gained from reparations since neither I nor any alliance I have ever been in has received reparations.  Instead we have had to pay reparations from time to time, and much of those reparations throughout my time here that my alliances have paid came from me personally.  Blaming me for what Doom House did when i wasn't in Doom House nor was I a member of any alliance allied to Doomhouse is exactly the historical revisionism I am talking about.

And you obviously can't feel that strongly about it since you are allied to the only remaining member of Doomhouse that still exists here, Umbrella.  Well, as allied to Umbrella as I was to Doom House during these incidents you are citing.  I joined Umbrella after the wars you are whining about, not before.

27 minutes ago, Caliph said:

I joined Umbrella after the wars you are whining about, not before.

He's actually giving you the requested citations you asked for on why people felt the way they did when your friends were in charge, not whining.

1 hour ago, Caliph said:

And then beat them down again. And again. And again. And again.

See where I'm going with this? That's why some AA's disbanded/other nations left

under DH's Hegemony.

Whether you were a member or not doesn't negate that feeling many had, and it didn't leave after you became a member.

14 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

He's actually giving you the requested citations you asked for on why people felt the way they did when your friends were in charge, not whining.

And then beat them down again. And again. And again. And again.

See where I'm going with this? That's why some AA's disbanded/other nations left

under DH's Hegemony.

Whether you were a member or not doesn't negate that feeling many had, and it didn't leave after you became a member.

Only some people got beat down repeatedly.  NPO is the only one currently in Oculus that got beat down repeatdly and that was years ago.  

So get over it.  All the things you are complaining about Oculus is currently doing, so its obviously not the acts that made you mad.

Just now, Caliph said:

Only some people got beat down repeatedly.  NPO is the only one currently in Oculus that got beat down repeatdly and that was years ago.  

So get over it.  All the things you are complaining about Oculus is currently doing, so its obviously not the acts that made you mad.

Yes, beg your full pardon for not getting on the OWF and whining over unfair terms/wars, instead of, you know, actually fighting them, dealing with the consequences and moving on.

Quite honestly, as a community we have this stupid discussion about nonwhite peace terms and how they're only comparable to prekarma hegemony terms every single war. Given that things have degenerated to the point that "exit the war and don't continue to attack us for the rest of the war" is considered abusive, it's a bit difficult not to see this slope as having been a little too slippery.

That said, everyone has either played a part in enforcing nonwhite peace terms, or has supported imposing them and wasn't able to follow through, or is a wuss at this point.

I guess that makes me a wuss. Well almost.

(In 2008, Valhalla negotiated reps from SOLID for Invicta. I arranged to have the the reps cut to one-seventh of what they negotiated for us. Those are the only postwar reps any alliance I was ever in has received. The only other time terms besides no re-entry were imposed on an enemy alliance, it was Illuminati, also in 2008, and Invicta took no part in the enforcement of those terms. Now I've negotiated reps for rogues on a bunch of occasions, but all those were in the context of "settle this so we don't have an alliance war.")

Since we are on the subject I just want to point out that when NPO demanded conditions I though were unfair in 2008, I fought and fought for many months until even they gave up trying to EZI me. That's why I was able to be the sixth nation to join NSO when Ivan started it.

Eventually unless they have some really strong willpower and a reason to pursue you, most aggressors will give up eventually because there's other things to do with the time and energy. FAN held out for two years during VietFAN and they are sanctioned again today.

On 7/2/2016 at 11:14 AM, Schattenmann said:

Come, zog, I think everyone can forgive Nordreich's survivalist instincts in signing up to be a toadie, after all, most of them did it too.  But what won't stand is your clumsy ~cAlLoUt~ of Polaris' history given NoR's.  And I know everyone can tell you how little bowing went on between CoJ and NPO.

You're right. A foreign affairs decision made by an alliance two years after I ceased to lead it is directly relevant. The alliance that I left some time ago because it ceased to be worthy of the name it bears. Good Lord, I don't know whether to call you a liar or a fool at this point, but here....let me try one on you....

Remember that time we uncovered a massive cheating ring an interesting manipulation of this world's mechanics? Remember that? You know, when working with FAN we discovered that....oh hey, who's that a reference to in your avatar?

So spare me, please. You sold your soul quite some time ago.

Enjoy playing at being the big fish in the ever-shrinking pond.

23 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

Yes, beg your full pardon for not getting on the OWF and whining over unfair terms/wars, instead of, you know, actually fighting them, dealing with the consequences and moving on.

You still have yet to state what I have done to need a pardon for.

Cuz going to war for my friends just ain't it.