Two Questions About War

Davidious

Hi all. A couple of questions.

First, how is it that I can have no soldiers or any military at all in my nation and still get atacked by someone dayly and I recieve the "Defeat Alert"? Isn't that an alert specifically given when you are defeated in a Ground Attack? I've never been able to GA someone who had less than a 4% chance of success against me in an attack so with my 0 military ... I don't understand how he can still attack me every day and do all of that extra damage against my infra and tech, destroying my money and killing my spies. At least one even said that I had lost all tanks when I had none to begin with.

The second question is about a spy op against me. It says that he targeted to destroy my defending tanks and his result was "success but caught". I had no tanks, how could he have success at destroying defending tanks?

Any light that anyone can shed on this for me would be greatly appreciated.

a defeat alert occurs when the nation opens his attack screen and has over 95% odds. he can then still GA you if he's able to lower his odds below 96%.

If you get something spied that you don't have, the spy op is just wasted.

As far as the Ground Attacks (GA) how can he attack me when I have had 0 military? I just dont understand that. He was also involved in other wars where I know that he would not have been able to lower his deployed units.

As far as the spy op that was sent against me to destroy tanks that I didnt have and they succeeded in the attack against me, he did kill off some of my spies in that attack.

Thank you for your response Auctor. Just really trying to understand this.

Edited by Davidious

Maybe it was a coding thing? In that it didn't check if you HAD tanks, it just checked whether he was successful or not. As such, when he performed the spy op, and it deemed it a successful attack, he destroyed 0 of 0 and you got that message. Could be totally wrong though... 

On the other point, perhaps he hadn't deployed yet that day, so he re-deployed a different number of troops allowing him to send you a Defeat Alert?

EDIT: 

Also, just re-read your post. A lost ground attack, and a defeat alert are two separate things. 

To reference the game information index:

If an attacker is unable to battle a defending nation because the defending soldier numbers are too low the defender will automatically be placed into Anarchy, up to 5 defending spies may be killed, 5% or up to 10 technology levels, 20% or up to 40 infrastructure levels, and 5% or up to $5 million in money may be destroyed (not stolen).

You had 0 soldiers, meaning he had a 100% success chance, thus the defeat alert. If you had enough soldiers, in that you had a 5% or more chance when he attacked you, you wouldn't have gotten a defeat alert, and he would have in turn had a GA launched against you instead. 

You've never been able to ground attack when the person had 4% or less chance, because you would have sent a defeat alert, instead of doing an actual GA. 

Edited by gowfanatic

Any nation that has below 5% odds (when an opposing nation does a ground attack) and who hasn't been nuked receives one daily defeat alert.

Having 0% odds like you did doesn't avoid defeat alerts, otherwise it would be a way of gaming the system to avoid ground damages.

As for spy operations it seems success and failure is determined on odds first, then if successful it checks the nation. 

He probably got a message from spy operation saying success but no tanks destroyed.