• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Devilyn Caster said:

Who is in charge of TLR these days anyways? Too bad you guys are on the wrong side of this one. Good luck in your wars, I beat Rush in damage in mine so I can chalk this up as a victory :P

We are all children of Atom.  We follow only the will of Atom awaiting reunification through The Glow.  

4 hours ago, ForSparta said:

Os coddling to NPO. Big surprise.

Edit: ODN to Os. The opinions of Os hardly reflect ODN as a whole.

Weird how he's been the face of the place for so long, then.

Heh, im one person and I would hardly say my personal views reflect ODN as a whole.  Anytime you gather a hundred folks together there's going to be places people agree and places they disagree.

However, if ODN wasnt of one mind in backing our allies involved in this war, we wouldnt have. 

So no, I dont pass my views (which I dont think forsparta is even aware of) as perse being representative of ODN as a whole.  But my personal views also had little to do with ODN going to war here.  Or with ODN liking and supporting our good friends in NPO for that matter (NPO is widely trusted and respected in our alliance.  As is fitting for an mdp ally).

So mostly I would chalk the question up as irrelevant

40 minutes ago, OsRavan said:

Heh, im one person and I would hardly say my personal views reflect ODN as a whole.  Anytime you gather a hundred folks together there's going to be places people agree and places they disagree.

This is essentially my point exactly. Whether one is the face of their Alliance or not is irrelevant. I have yet to meet any AA where one singular individual reflects the whole of the Alliance's opinion on any number of things. Doesn't discredit the fact their opinion will carry a lot of weight on a subject, but that is an entirely different conversation.

I would agree Adder. I would also say tbh that its irrelevant to the topic at hand.

As in, my personal opinion (which people can message me privately if they are curious) actually had no baring on whether we went in or not and nothing to do with this dow really.

But anyway said my piece so i'll go back to warring.  I'm enjoying my clashes with you so far sparta.

58 minutes ago, OsRavan said:

However, if ODN wasnt of one mind in backing our allies involved in this war, we wouldnt have. 

So no, I dont pass my views (which I dont think forsparta is even aware of) as perse being representative of ODN as a whole.  But my personal views also had little to do with ODN going to war here.  Or with ODN liking and supporting our good friends in NPO for that matter (NPO is widely trusted and respected in our alliance.  As is fitting for an mdp ally).

So mostly I would chalk the question up as irrelevant

As a member of ODN's government, especially as its secretary of state, your words are, in fact, representative of ODN as a whole. And as its leader for a long while, your words certainly carry much weight within and outwith the alliance. Do not pretend as though you are but some sweet, baby-faced new member whose words are irrelevant to the wider world. You may be 'one person' but you are one of very few about whose words anyone actually cares.

As for the rest, I have no problem with you declaring war on Sparta here. Good on ODN for declaring in support of its allies.

1 hour ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

As a member of ODN's government, especially as its secretary of state, your words are, in fact, representative of ODN as a whole. And as its leader for a long while, your words certainly carry much weight within and outwith the alliance. Do not pretend as though you are but some sweet, baby-faced new member whose words are irrelevant to the wider world. You may be 'one person' but you are one of very few about whose words anyone actually cares.

As for the rest, I have no problem with you declaring war on Sparta here. Good on ODN for declaring in support of its allies.

All hail our eternal overlord on this web based game . . . . .

5 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

I would think a former member would know best, but maybe I'm just insane or something.

I, personally, would think the current members of the alliance would know best.

Maybe I'm just right or something.

2 minutes ago, Neo Uruk said:

yeah the leader of the alliance doesn't represent the alliance

that's a really good, thoughtful point

Really, Rey?

Do you even read things before you respond, or are you actually suggesting that the entirety of ODN (or any AA) just mindlessly follows their SecState without thinking for themselves, as the original post FS made suggested prior to the edit that you disagreed with?

1 minute ago, DeathAdder said:

Really, Rey?

Do you even read things before you respond, or are you actually suggesting that the entirety of ODN (or any AA) just mindlessly follows their SecState without thinking for themselves, as the original post FS made suggested prior to the edit that you disagreed with?

Um

I don't know if you know this

but ODN voted for him. He represents them.

18 minutes ago, Neo Uruk said:

yeah the leader of the alliance doesn't represent the alliance

that's a really good, thoughtful point

OsRavan is actually not the Secretary General of the Orange Defense Network. He's the Secretary of State. Small difference.

1 minute ago, DragonsPhyre said:

OsRavan is actually not the Secretary General of the Orange Defense Network. He's the Secretary of State. Small difference.

Er, right.

I guess he was SecGen for so long that I just assume at this point >_>