Recognition of War

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, The Pansy said:

News at 10 - Polar joined Oculus shocker.

M Inc News, you're slacking

Most of Polars allies are Oculus, so yeah, they are firmly in the Oculus camp.  As if  Oculus isn't going to be coming to get them some of Spart and NADC.  Polar can't handle them on their own.

10 hours ago, Schattenmann said:

I must protest this lack of pageantry; an imperial proclamation demands pomp.

I agree.

good god NpO, you are still playing this game, give the people what they want, a banner, an image, I want to feel the march moving forward! You know you can do better than this :(

3 hours ago, MistressMisfit said:

I agree.

good god NpO, you are still playing this game, give the people what they want, a banner, an image, I want to feel the march moving forward! You know you can do better than this :(

The people haven't earned a polar banner yet. They need to try harder.

At such short notice, and with most of the team out in the field, this is the best we could do as far as polar pomp and pageantry is concerned:

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg

We tried...

(Notice the leash on the Grub effigy - it's a recurring dream that we can't make happen ^_^ )

Edited by Mihail the Just

13 minutes ago, Blackatron said:

Is this thread not somewhat ironic, when NpO hasn't even posted a DOW against MI6?

I also would have thought "recognising" a war would also mean fighting back, but apparently this is not so.

1 hour ago, AlmightyGrub said:

Poor Sagad, is no one playing with you?

nope, it's like beating a dead horse. There's only the illusion of movement.

Please pick some competent members who can war and send them my way... if you have any of them left.

1 hour ago, Sagad said:

I also would have thought "recognising" a war would also mean fighting back, but apparently this is not so.

I'm starting to fall behind in the casualty race and wouldn't mind playing with you if you're bored. If Sparta is willing to fight me without involving the rest of my alliance for a round before peace, I'm willing to bet 300t I'll outdamage you in our first round regardless of how many other Spartans I fight. 

I've had experience fighting almost every alliance who's been sanctioned a long time, but Sparta is one of the few exceptions. NpO is fighting many other alliances, so its not surprising they're preoccupied right now.

19 hours ago, Mihail the Just said:

At such short notice, and with most of the team out in the field, this is the best we could do as far as polar pomp and pageantry is concerned:

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg

We tried...

(Notice the leash on the Grub effigy - it's a recurring dream that we can't make happen ^_^ )

Thank you! I feel much better now. Someone in NpO promote this man.

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I'm starting to fall behind in the casualty race and wouldn't mind playing with you if you're bored. If Sparta is willing to fight me without involving the rest of my alliance for a round before peace, I'm willing to bet 300t I'll outdamage you in our first round regardless of how many other Spartans I fight. 

I've had experience fighting almost every alliance who's been sanctioned a long time, but Sparta is one of the few exceptions. NpO is fighting many other alliances, so its not surprising they're preoccupied right now.

Polar's participation in this war is purely optional, based on an oA, they were aware of the risks and don't need a pity party to be thrown for them.

3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

NpO is fighting many other alliances, so its not surprising they're preoccupied right now.

The 'many other' two whole alliances being MI6 who are fighting four* alliances defensively and NADC whom they've put so much effort into labeling a non-threat?

Edit: *four being TBC, NSO, NG, and Polar, thus not including the involvement from other alliances to (presumably) cover staggers.

Edited by James Spanier
Clarification

53 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

The 'many other' two whole alliances being MI6 who are fighting four* alliances defensively and NADC whom they've put so much effort into labeling a non-threat?

Edit: *four being TBC, NSO, NG, and Polar, thus not including the involvement from other alliances to (presumably) cover staggers.

More important than the concept of who's a non-threat, there is the decision of where to focus firepower on to make it most effective. NpO already had decided who to use their offensive slots on and they would be playing into Sparta/NADC's hands by letting those two distract them. By choosing to defend M16 against only one of the alliances they're fighting, that means as long as NpO keeps them distracted the others are free to focus fully on M16. How much damage NpO is doing doesn't really matter if they're keeping Sparta & NADC occupied.

Grinding an alliance down to its knees and defending against those trying to interfere are very different tasks. When just holding an alliance off for the sake of time, the other side's warchests don't matter much. For the target who is the main objective, working on grinding down each member becomes part of the process in order to achieve victory.

34 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

More important than the concept of who's a non-threat, there is the decision of where to focus firepower on to make it most effective. NpO already had decided who to use their offensive slots on and they would be playing into Sparta/NADC's hands by letting those two distract them. By choosing to defend M16 against only one of the alliances they're fighting, that means as long as NpO keeps them distracted the others are free to focus fully on M16. How much damage NpO is doing doesn't really matter if they're keeping Sparta & NADC occupied.

Grinding an alliance down to its knees and defending against those trying to interfere are very different tasks. When just holding an alliance off for the sake of time, the other side's warchests don't matter much. For the target who is the main objective, working on grinding down each member becomes part of the process in order to achieve victory.

Now now, Sparta is winning this war based on Sagad's personal experience of the two wars he is fighting.  If I could also indicate that Darklink will probably outdamage me 1v1 by a considerable margin in our war, will that mean I am ready to surrender to them or that they are in fact winning?  Seriously, who cares right now, this was always going to be a grind and this war will take some considerable time to win, but Sparta and NADC will surrender to me and mine at the end and any little wins they made along the way will just be that, little wins.

For two alliances that have always done as little as they possibly can, one being the second biggest whinger in a war coalition and the other completely isolated for most of its putrid existence, they should have some early wins.  This is of course our third war in a row without any significant break to rebuild, but the outcome will be exactly the same as the other two.  When the announcement thread goes up it will be 3-0 and that will be that.

Rejoice in your little wins, it will be all you have to be happy about.

35 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

This is of course our third war in a row without any significant break to rebuild, but the outcome will be exactly the same as the other two.  When the announcement thread goes up it will be 3-0 and that will be that.

Rejoice in your little wins, it will be all you have to be happy about.

Hate to rain on your parade but you've essentially resigned yourself to being a mid tier for others with no intentions of recovering an upper tier, an awfully strange choice considering your new allies are the main reason you lack an upper tier to begin with.