An Open Letter to Frawley

Unknown Smurf

5 minutes ago, Mogar said:

You need to find yourself some better bed buddies.

Probably... And at this point they arent doing much of anything so its more boring than it should be... But uhh, I still enjoy setting them on fire...

tumblr_nzpr2uqFN11rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Edited by Keres

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Rush Sykes said:

As the active pool of players declines, as they have all been interacting for years  upon years, they all, OOC, LIKE each other. We can talk until we are blue in the face about IC vs OOC, but 99.999999% of ALL decisions made in game have been made by OOC personaes with no effort at all to play in an IC personae, because RP is such a niche thing.

There hasn't been politics for several years, just a frat house of colleagues which change from time to time.

18 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

This is coming from the same person against watching STA burn to the ground

In the years I've spoken to him or known him, Rush had no love for STA.

12 hours ago, Blackatron said:

I'm sorry, but you are fighting an aggressive war alongside NG (Oculus) and NpO (not in Oculus likely because of one of the secret clauses to the treaty, but near enough at this point) which is specifically condoned by NPO, that would pretty clearly seem to put you in bed with them to a lot of people. (Then again I suppose the same thing could be said about R&R and TPF, look what's going on there.)

I get that you have your own grudges with MI6, I respect that and your war should be quite an interesting one. I have nothing against what you are doing based on your own actions, but when you involve yourself in a war with Oculus against a known enemy of Oculus and the strongest alliance not directly tied to Oculus or Polaris. So being surprised that people others than Oculus weren't supportive when you want to attack a strong alliance that they might one day need f they are ever going to follow suggestion 2 is silly, why would anti-Oculus peeps be interested in helping you roll more anti-Oculus peeps? That would just be dumb.

I think you know the problem with 2 though; even if you assume you are successful with a lot of your negotiations to ever hope to get enough NS to make a dent you would have to speak to Oculus allies, some of whom would inevitably tell.

The CB used for the Invicta war them being "hostile" (no evidence), "associating with others hostile" (no evidence) and forming their own sphere, by which I assume they meant they and their allies signed some treaties over the last 6 months...

How you expect anyone to actually put together something given what happened to Invicta when they weren't even trying to do anything? Oculus would be like the guys sitting at 500 infra with all the wonders squashing new nations before they even become a semblance of a threat.

I think you're misunderstanding what I am saying.

I said I was amused that we are considered "in bed with" Oculus. No, I'm not surprised that anti-Oc folks aren't supportive, though if I were in their position I'd be more annoyed at MI6 and the way that some of their members antagonize alliances that would otherwise be potentially helpful to their cause. As I stated, TBC were pretty much neutral but now lean more towards Oculus simply due to a relationship that has developed and due to the fact that alliances considered "anti-Oc" didn't really put forth much effort into pulling us their direction. We aren't a large alliance, but we are (mostly) well liked and hyper active ... which is exceedingly rare in today's world. As someone who had a hand (one of MANY hands involved, mind you) in building a coalition against a world dominating bloc in the past, I understand the need to not only swing NS but to also swing influential and active people/alliances. Oc did that. Those outside did not.

I also understand the frustration behind trying to build a coalition large enough to take down a large bloc like Oculus, but again, I don't see how that is their fault. I didn't say that the two options I gave were awesome or easy to accomplish, I simply said that it was the only options people have and that their aren't enough leaders active or competent enough to come close to pulling it off. Since returning to the game, it looks to me like those still trying to do something mostly reside in Oculus and very few currently exist outside of it.

The issue with the current state of affairs is more due to the decline of the game and not due to a single bloc, no matter how large that bloc is.

Edited by Van Hoo III

Oculus should just be nice and break up so they can fight amongst each other to make the game more fun for everyone else. 

Obviously the Continuum fell apart but only after years of dissatisfaction and slowly losing external support. With fewer alliances (both within the "ruling coalition" and the "opposition"), it becomes harder to swing alliances from one side to the other. There are simply less groups willing to switch. Although no coalition is forever, I don't think one has ever fallen because someone else asked them to.

3 hours ago, Baltus said:

Although no coalition is forever, I don't think one has ever fallen because someone else asked them to.

You're right, it's untested ground, which means there's no way to say it wouldn't help. Oculus obviously should be the test bed.

19 hours ago, Unknown Smurf said:

What you and Auctor are glossing over is Oculus' supremacy clause.

You mean that purely defensive one?

TBH this game belongs dead.  The glory days are long past, and people cling to the past because loss is difficult.

This game has already died and is a shambling corpse of what it used to be.  I am doubtful it can be revived at this point.  This game had its time, the times were great for many years, and then it suffered the worst fate, a slow decline into irrelevancy.

I won't forget the good times had, for sure.  This game was a significant part of my life, as it was for many others here.  But I've come to terms with the loss.  The memories will last forever, but that's all that is left.

2 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

TBH this game belongs dead.  The glory days are long past, and people cling to the past because loss is difficult.

This game has already died and is a shambling corpse of what it used to be.  I am doubtful it can be revived at this point.  This game had its time, the times were great for many years, and then it suffered the worst fate, a slow decline into irrelevancy.

I won't forget the good times had, for sure.  This game was a significant part of my life, as it was for many others here.  But I've come to terms with the loss.  The memories will last forever, but that's all that is left.

No, no, just ask the current active people, the old days of the game were a joke, and the new crop is doing a far better job. Literally, one of them said this to me.

9 minutes ago, Rush Sykes said:

No, no, just ask the current active people, the old days of the game were a joke, and the new crop is doing a far better job. Literally, one of them said this to me.

The water always tastes better if you get the chance to piss in it first.

18 minutes ago, Rush Sykes said:

I never said that. I said you're an old, washed up geezer. Sitting in your rocking chair bickering about the new, young and active generation.

This is prime time to be a new ruler, every one needs a tech dealer- and you can pretty much do and say what you want- it isn't like the old days where ZI punishments and reparations were a thing.

It doesn't surprise me that the older timers are !@#$%*ing about the new generation of leaders. Speaking of, did they even have nukes back in your day?

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Just now, Lord Hitchcock said:

I never said that. I said you're an old, washed up geezer. Sitting in your rocking chair bickering about the new, young and active generation.

This is prime time to be a new ruler, every one needs a tech dealer- and you can pretty much do and say what you want- it isn't like the old days where ZI punishments and reparations were a thing.

It doesn't surprise me that the older timers are !@#$%*ing about the new generation of leaders. Speaking of, did they even have nukes back in your day?

I realize, little one, that your ego is starving and you need to feed it at all costs....and I really hate to do it to you shnookums, but I just have to  break it to you cleanly and straightforwardly the only way I can....

I was not talking about you. 

Now, quickly, someone get this heartbroken little man a tissue.

On 6/12/2016 at 5:10 PM, Auctor said:

You mean that purely defensive one?

You mean the one where if anyone, even MDoAP alliances, declare war on an Oculus alliance for declaring war on their MD partners, and even if they are an ally to Oculus alliances the supremacy clause causes them to get rolled by Oculus instead?

Well that'll teach people to dare honor treaties if Oculus comes knocking.

On 6/13/2016 at 4:42 PM, Lord Hitchcock said:

And what do you think extra rounds of war for select individuals is if not a ZI list with a time limit?

1 hour ago, Caliph said:

You mean the one where if anyone, even MDoAP alliances, declare war on an Oculus alliance for declaring war on their MD partners, and even if they are an ally to Oculus alliances the supremacy clause causes them to get rolled by Oculus instead?

Well that'll teach people to dare honor treaties if Oculus comes knocking.

Let's play this out. Someone hits Valhalla, activates IRON, VE, Umbrella. Is it really fear of NG, NPO, AZTEC that kept them from doing it?

5 hours ago, Auctor said:

Let's play this out. Someone hits Valhalla, activates IRON, VE, Umbrella. Is it really fear of NG, NPO, AZTEC that kept them from doing it?

The inability to roll Val with NG backing is what keeps them from doing it. If you're gonna go for Val with those 3 defending you need others in your corner 

14 hours ago, Auctor said:

Someone hits Valhalla.  IRON VE and Umbrella jump in.  Whoever then declares on IRON VE or Umbrella gets to fight the whole of Oculus if Oculus wants to jump in.  

Thats exactly how this plays out.  Hell lets take it to where it is now.  Oculus and friends declares on MIG.  NADC and Sparta declare on NpO.  Using NpO's Oculus ties Oculus jumps in and oAs other Oculus in and jumps in.  

So Oculus uses both defense and offense to jump in on any conflict involving their alliances and their chosen allies.

In the Valhalla hitting scenario, we were all tied together without Oculus. I'm not sure why calling it "Oculus" necessarily makes it magical now.

As for NADC and Sparta hitting Polaris, I'm not sure why there was an expectation Oculus would sit out when Oculus was a part of the hit on MI6 in the first place.