An Announcement from the Bears with Guns and Lasers

Just now, Van Hoo III said:

Three weeks ago. We first heard about it three weeks ago.

And then it was off.

And then about 4 days ago it was on again.

So no, no long term plan on our part. I think others were planning it sooner though, sure. We just weren't brought into the mix until mid-May. ;)

Yet I have just been told that you were brought in the mix initially, and others were only brought in *after* that. What's up with that?

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who was more or less a bystander to all but a small part of the drama (that isn't being discussed (yet?) ), I'm very much enjoying the salt of both parties in this thread for all the wrong reasons.

1 minute ago, Partisan said:

Yet I have just been told that you were brought in the mix initially, and others were only brought in *after* that. What's up with that?

Alliances were brought in between the first time it was on and the second, yeah. That's accurate.

2 hours ago, Devilyn Caster said:

Gonna chime in here with my two cents.

YOU burnt bridges by betraying the members of MI6 who still trusted you. YOU burnt bridges by joining up with the hegemony, betraying your raison d'etre (as was explained to me by SEVERAL of your founding members, gov't and non gov't) and have burnt bridges by joining the worst hegemonic force this game has seen.

You willfully admit to bandwagoning in this thread, then have the gall to say no hard feelings, MI6 deserves it, etc etc?

You left MI6 because you do not like Chim. That is fine. His personality is what drives MI6; we would simply cease to exist without his efforts. 

You had problems with Chim. Also fine; Chim can be a major !@#$%^&. We worked on this together; put into place a system to try and give us some breathing room.

Your attempt to curry favor with the powers that be is what gives me elevated blood pressure. I had so much respect for you guys; I even flirted with joining a time or two. You know what stopped me? How incredible fickle you are.

Love or hate Chim, he is consistent. He is loyal. and he sticks to his guns when he believes something. That is what I value on Bob; there's damn little loyalty left in this place. Friends > Infra was more than just a saying to some of us back in 2008, and it still rings true in my heart today. 

I am deeply, thoroughly disgusted.

That's Chim. That's Chim to a fault, that's his problem. It's his way or the highway. Everyone is with him or against him.

When we left MI6, we were tired. We just wanted to do our own thing. When we thought of MI6, we thought of an alliance full of friends, but with an unstable gov, so maybe a relationship down the line would be feasible. But Chim talked !@#$. So much. It all got back to us. Lies, exaggerations, OOC "jokes"... It pissed us off. 

But it was whatever. We didn't decide to go after you; no, we decided to stay away from you. We treatied alliances we had relationships with, alliances Shuru and I worked on late 2015 and alliances we knew from years before. Alliances MI6 couldn't seal, we signed in weeks. We talked to a lot of people, and I mean a lot. I know it's been a few years for most MI6 guys, but when you're not isolated out of utter disdain you can make a lot of progress still believe it or not. 

As much as I can't stand NG and have hated them through their entire existence, that relationship really developed over time. We've got a whole core of allies now and have worked with most of them for months. We've got even more friends than allies.

MI6, all our interactions going back to the last war were negative. When we were approached and asked if we'd like slots on you, it was hard to say no. We had no reason to. We had every reason to support our friends and allies, who we've been with for months now. 

As much as I don't want to roll MI6, especially with !@#$ like NG, I still see why it's happening. Sorry not sorry.

21 minutes ago, Gibsonator21 said:

As much as I can't stand NG and have hated them through their entire existence, that relationship really developed over time...

As much as I don't want to roll MI6, especially with !@#$ like NG, I still see why it's happening. Sorry not sorry.

Aww... I think you're !@#$ too. See we have so much in common. :wub:

2 hours ago, Devilyn Caster said:

Gonna chime in here with my two cents.

YOU burnt bridges by betraying the members of MI6 who still trusted you. YOU burnt bridges by joining up with the hegemony, betraying your raison d'etre (as was explained to me by SEVERAL of your founding members, gov't and non gov't) and have burnt bridges by joining the worst hegemonic force this game has seen.

You willfully admit to bandwagoning in this thread, then have the gall to say no hard feelings, MI6 deserves it, etc etc?

You left MI6 because you do not like Chim. That is fine. His personality is what drives MI6; we would simply cease to exist without his efforts. 

You had problems with Chim. Also fine; Chim can be a major !@#$%^&. We worked on this together; put into place a system to try and give us some breathing room.

Your attempt to curry favor with the powers that be is what gives me elevated blood pressure. I had so much respect for you guys; I even flirted with joining a time or two. You know what stopped me? How incredible fickle you are.

Love or hate Chim, he is consistent. He is loyal. and he sticks to his guns when he believes something. That is what I value on Bob; there's damn little loyalty left in this place. Friends > Infra was more than just a saying to some of us back in 2008, and it still rings true in my heart today. 

I am deeply, thoroughly disgusted.

I swear I remember you and I having almost this exact conversation the day you left TLR for Mi6. You cannot be too displeased by currying favor with the powers that be, that is how Mi6 blew into this world, and is the state of Mi6 the day you joined. 

2 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

And there you go again, tossing out insults at TBC

In the name of all that is good and holy in this world can you please sit down and shut the $%&@ up. In a thread full of asshattery and !@#$%^&* towards my alliance, your irrelevant ass and your awful unwanted commentary in our "defense" has managed to piss me off more than any of them.

If we ever need you to waste our time with terrible posts, we know where to find you. But don't hold your !@#$@#$ breath.

/me goes back to lurking

1 hour ago, Partisan said:

I find it Interesting, since others have claimed that this has been in the works since April.

As a noob member of both CN and TBC with zero ties to MI6, I can assure you I literally logged in the 6th to find out we were honoring our treaties and mobilizing for war.

And regardless of whatever prior issues people have had here, everyone at TBC has been awesome and actually fun, which is why I decided to devote time out of my schedule to play an online game in the first place.

Also, outsider input here- some of the nasty things members of MI6 have said here really don't make people who don't know the "beefs" involved think you guys are in the right.

Anyways, been bored grinding infra/tech for a while and I hope everyone is having fun fighting it out!

59 minutes ago, Rush Sykes said:

I swear I remember you and I having almost this exact conversation the day you left TLR for Mi6. You cannot be too displeased by currying favor with the powers that be, that is how Mi6 blew into this world, and is the state of Mi6 the day you joined. 

I left TLR for MK, and joined MI6 after MK disbanded because it was active (something TLR was not). As to our conversation, i'm sure we had several, most notably iirc about NPO. I do not necessarily take issue with the powers that be rush, or currying favor with them. That is an undeniable fact of this game. But when the powers that be control the dominant portion of NS on Bob and are tied to the rest, then it directly impacts the politics (aka fun) of this universe. 

In addition, MI6 stated from the beginning that we set out to play the political game and be "King Makers." What I was told about TBC was that they did not desire that. They wanted nothing to do with the hegemony, and for a while I believed them. I take issue with the 180. When the leaders of the splinter AA whom you have been friends with for years tell you something, you generally take them at their word.

5 hours ago, kerschbs said:

Welp, this is a pretty hilarious turn of events. 

Gibs- get out of PM with your tiny WC and come find me please. This might be our last time in range ever if you keep skipping wars!

Doch- Ditto. Except with Gibs I'm joking. With you, I've wanted to throw nukes at you for about 2 years now, please make it happen? Just remember, you'll have to find someone else to fund you millions of dollars this war, I'm not here to bail you out like the last two times. 

I don't care enough to comment to the rest of TBC, it wouldn't be productive either way. You got what you wanted, and I'm laughing all the way to the casualty bank at where you have fallen to. 

I am not entirely sure how to take your line. I am down for a war with ya but gonna have to wait until you drop down into my range though as you are currently too large for me. 

Edited by Dochartaigh

4 hours ago, Devilyn Caster said:

2 minutes ago, Devilyn Caster said:

I left TLR for MK, and joined MI6 after MK disbanded because it was active (something TLR was not). As to our conversation, i'm sure we had several, most notably iirc about NPO. I do not necessarily take issue with the powers that be rush, or currying favor with them. That is an undeniable fact of this game. But when the powers that be control the dominant portion of NS on Bob and are tied to the rest, then it directly impacts the politics (aka fun) of this universe. 

In addition, MI6 stated from the beginning that we set out to play the political game and be "King Makers." What I was told about TBC was that they did not desire that. They wanted nothing to do with the hegemony, and for a while I believed them. I take issue with the 180. When the leaders of the splinter AA whom you have been friends with for years tell you something, you generally take them at their word.

. You have part of that fundamentally wrong. Mi6 wanted to be KINGS because too many alliances settle for being KINGMAKERS. And the powers that be have ALWAYS controlled the majority of strength on Bob. The CURRENT powers that be, I will grant you, have exceeded any level of power control of anyone else, and HAVE successfully ruined any aspect of a political game, but part of me expects that they are perfectly okay with it. My issue was more that you specifically said currying favor with the powers that be is what elevates your blood pressure (indicating that it is something you think should not be done)... yet you joined Mi6 at the height of doing just that. 

23 minutes ago, Rush Sykes said:

. You have part of that fundamentally wrong. Mi6 wanted to be KINGS because too many alliances settle for being KINGMAKERS. And the powers that be have ALWAYS controlled the majority of strength on Bob. The CURRENT powers that be, I will grant you, have exceeded any level of power control of anyone else, and HAVE successfully ruined any aspect of a political game, but part of me expects that they are perfectly okay with it. My issue was more that you specifically said currying favor with the powers that be is what elevates your blood pressure (indicating that it is something you think should not be done)... yet you joined Mi6 at the height of doing just that. 

I'll rephrase that, then...my issue stands with the state of politics in this universe and the continued compliance and complacency of people who do nothing or worse enable the current regime. When TBC first set out, it wasn't to play the political game, or to enable the hegemony. Yet that is exactly what they are doing now. Say what you want about MI6, but we have remained consistent on our goals since day one.

28 minutes ago, Devilyn Caster said:

I'll rephrase that, then...my issue stands with the state of politics in this universe and the continued compliance and complacency of people who do nothing or worse enable the current regime. When TBC first set out, it wasn't to play the political game, or to enable the hegemony. Yet that is exactly what they are doing now. Say what you want about MI6, but we have remained consistent on our goals since day one.

But its NOT what we're doing. We were not doing this, allies asked us for help against an alliance with members that were openly hostile to us from day one... were we supposed to say no? Why would we? A lot of us felt mi6 deserved to get it face kicked in when *SOMEONE* made a certain OOC joke about something that should just stay buried... A lot of us thought MI6 deserved to get castrated and skinned alive when members started insulting people who got tired of the MI6 BS... and now we got asked to do it by allies who we've been building goood relations with... something MI6 didnt want even if we were all friends at one point... 

So you we'll take THEM over you (MI6)... 

Edited by Keres

52 minutes ago, Devilyn Caster said:

I thought enabling teh hegemoniez lost its bite sometime back in 2009?

What hegemony? That big chunk of immobile  confusing allied NS over there? 

What did you expect TBC will be doing? Not make any treaties? Not make a treaty that in all good sense was mutually satisfactory just because the other alliance had an ally who had an ally we dont like? 

Seriously, look around, look at the timelines of our ties, what do you see? I get it that this war does not please you, that however is no reason to be deliberately misleading yourself. NADC, RIA, NSO, these guys were Hegemonistic? When did we ally with Polar? NATO? 

PPO is surely the Hegemon.

Get real.

Edited by Helbrecht

1 hour ago, Devilyn Caster said:

We didn't know what we were doing. We just wanted something different. Then things happened, and here we are. This wasn't planned, it's just the result of choices we've all made.

2 hours ago, Gibsonator21 said:

We didn't know what we were doing. We just wanted something different. Then things happened, and here we are. This wasn't planned, it's just the result of choices we've all made.

Echoing this. Most alliances left on Bob are inactive husks, kashmir splinters, or flat out cowards, so TBC was created to make a space where we were free to goof around and go wherever direction we wanted. We weren't limited by a personality cult, or the inability of a leader to calm down and let things go. We had a clean slate! TBC's creation had the nice effect of effectively marrying the remaining SF diaspora (with the exception of RIA and certain RnR members) with some mi6ers and it's been extremely cozy since.  

Both Gibs and myself are more or less effectively retired, (This was also the plan from the beginning) and while i'm not particularly pleased about signing NG. Alas, retiring has its disadvantages, and sometimes your mates sign alliances that aren't your favorites. That's just the way it is. But I trust Hoo and Shuru and Rampag3 completely.  And an ally is an ally and a treaty is a treaty, and so here we are. 

Edited by Emperor Whimsical

12 hours ago, Helbrecht said:

PPO is surely the Hegemon.

Get real.

This. All of this. 

As someone who recently declared directly on Oc, and no longer makes a noise when he farts, it's really not that bad! Keep your Chim up Mi6!

see what I did there? I said Chim instead of chin! LOL

Edited by gowfanatic

7 hours ago, Rush Sykes said:

If you put Chim in control of CURRENT powers, I'll bet you 1000 tech that the CURRENT powers will get rolled within a year and somehow manage to loose it all. Chim o/

11 hours ago, Avakael said:

As someone who was more or less a bystander to all but a small part of the drama (that isn't being discussed (yet?) )

Dont Underestimate yourself. You acted like an ass when people left.

2 hours ago, shahenshah said:

If you put Chim in control of CURRENT powers, I'll bet you 1000 tech that the CURRENT powers will get rolled within a year and somehow manage to loose it all. Chim o/

Can we test this out for science?

Chim, join Sengoku!

26 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Chim, join Sengoku!

ill be honest  kinda want to see this now.

Edited by Keres

1 hour ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Chim, join Sengoku!

I'm fairly certain IRON just called dibs. No take backs.