An Announcement from the Bears with Guns and Lasers

Many emotions right now going on, so some of my thoughts.

Sad that instead of staying to fight for change from within, which as Ms several of you could have done so, you bail and are now initiating a conflict against a group you once led and could have made a difference in. Angry that this is the end result and that you sign a billion treaties to ensure you get in on this rolling because of what. Disappointed because I thought better of many of you to be frank, I didn't realize you had such thin skin. I guess that's what sets the strong leaders from the weak ones. 

I'm a pretty naive and optimistic fella I guess. 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Van Hoo III said:

"You" doesn't mean you personally. While we've seen plenty of conversations and logs in regard to us, I don't recall you being in them or at least weren't involved in any of the negative commentary. Gold star for you.

I don't need other parties to form an opinion of Chim's involvement. I saw it when I was a member and have seen it after I was gone. Perks of having plenty of friends in MI6 at the time who were not amused at what he was trying to do and the amount of dishonesty he exhibited. Like it or not, that still reflected on you.

I am attempting to recall a time when Chimaera was dishonest with me, and am failing to do so. You all left because you were tired of the constant anger within the alliance, which was caused by keeping OPSEC things OPSEC, something I would have expected former alliance leaders, such as yourself and Gibs and all the others who left, to understand.

5 minutes ago, Bernkastel said:

Sad that instead of staying to fight for change from within, which as Ms several of you could have done so, you bail and are now initiating a conflict against a group you once led and could have made a difference in. Angry that this is the end result and that you sign a billion treaties to ensure you get in on this rolling because of what. Disappointed because I thought better of many of you to be frank, I didn't realize you had such thin skin. I guess that's what sets the strong leaders from the weak ones. 

Oh Bern. lol

I can't take you seriously when you say things like " you sign a billion treaties to ensure you get in on this rolling " ...

7 hours ago, Chimaera said:

Just gonna keep this here for posterity's sake.

It's been brought to my attention that this comment was due to another plane of existence that I'm not familiar with. Sorry to break it to you, but I honestly know nothing about that and the comment you're quoting won't help you. Sorry! ;)

Edited by Van Hoo III

6 minutes ago, Bernkastel said:

Bern, if you think that is the progression of events, I hate to say it, but that's not at all how it went down/is going down/will go down.

2 minutes ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

I am attempting to recall a time when Chimaera was dishonest with me, and am failing to do so. You all left because you were tired of the constant anger within the alliance, which was caused by keeping OPSEC things OPSEC, something I would have expected former alliance leaders, such as yourself and Gibs and all the others who left, to understand.

Know how I know when Chim is lying? He's typing.

The fact that you honestly believe that "OPSEC" is the reason we left makes it difficult for me to have this conversation with you. I understand OPSEC and have historically employed it. That's not the reason I (or most of us) left. Come on Merger, you can do better than that. :(

14 minutes ago, Bernkastel said:

This is mildly ironic from someone who decided to leave and not stay to fight for change from within.

But I guess as long as you turn around and go back after the difficulties are worked through, you get to stand on the perceived moral highground. Who knew?

Edited by Shurukian

26 minutes ago, Bernkastel said:

Angry that this is the end result and that you sign a billion treaties to ensure you get in on this rolling because of what.

Nah we just like them more than you...

MI6 I mean.... If you dont like treaties you're in the right place.

Edited by Keres

Who honestly !@#$@#$ cares anymore? Like seriously, I fought my ass off for change when I was in MI6. Guess what? It went nowhere but damn near tore it apart. Those of us who left, had fought those battles and that war to change MI6. We failed and instead of staying and fighting some more, potentially tearing MI6 completely apart, we left. There are many reasons and variables as to why we left; each person has their own. To make the claim that it was any single thing or single event is a !@#$@#$ lie and a well-known lie. Hell, it cannot even be put down to a single person even. So how about we stop with this stupidity and just enjoy a war. 

!@#$, I am so sick and tired of alliances claiming to like war and the moment they get involved on the losing side, they have to pull some weak !@#$ and cry about it. TBC has every reason to fight a war against MI6 and in reality we did not need the request of 3 allies to have a reason to fight MI6. 

MI6 being MI6 and insulting and !@#$@#$ with TBC is reason enough. For that matter, trying to recruit me to the other side in the midst of a war, really. You should know me better than that Chim. I don't leave my alliance when it goes to war. Never have, never will. And after I gave you my reasoning for not even caring about this war, you continued to push. That was just beyond pathetic in my book. 

3 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

Best wishes to everyone involved.  Hail TBC!  Hail MI6!  Go get them boys and girls.

Now this is a post I can get behind. o/TBC, o/MI6, let's have fun and make this world a little bit more exciting for a tad. I think half of us had fallen asleep in the punch bowl with how boring the place had gotten.

I'm confused by you Van Hoo. I get declaring war on an alliance because they're hated, really active, recently acquiring ties etc. because these things are threatening. But Poaching? 
Is it 2011? Hell, Atlas had far less shaky grounds to go to war with MI6 in the past, and if we ever do go in on MI6, we're not going to use those things as an excuse for our war. If someone leaves your alliance, that means they didn't love your alliance Obviously there's some sort of disconnect between what you're trying to say vs what you're saying, because you could just leave it at "We went in on our oA because we thought it'd be fun"

If you hate your alliance, join Atlas, we have the best toast, but be careful, if you leave: Your old alliance will attack you! and if you don't leave: They'll attack us anyway!

Just own up to attacking MI6 because they are threatening and it's a safe move. 

I'm much more into what Dochartaigh said, attacking for hatred is what fuels drama and politik lyfe. Maybe that's the point you're trying to get across to everyone Van Hoo, but it's not clear to me and (I'm sure) other peanut gallery members.

Edited by Tevron

7 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

Best wishes to everyone involved.  Hail TBC!  Hail MI6!  Go get them boys and girls.

Indeed! To the battlefield, where men and women from all sides come to prove their worth!

o/ TBC! o/ MI6! Have fun, the lot of you.

MI6 has had internal strife since it begun. There will always be more drama there than on the OWF. It's partially a product of strong personalitys. 

It will have it until it disbands or bob ceases to exist. Anyways. Always happy to see MI6 get rolled. Cheers to all.

Edited by Shimmer

13 minutes ago, Tevron said:

I'm confused by you Van Hoo. I get declaring war on an alliance because they're hated, really active, recently acquiring ties etc. because these things are threatening. But Poaching? 
Is it 2011? Hell, Atlas had far less shaky grounds to go to war with MI6 in the past, and if we ever do go in on MI6, we're not going to use those things as an excuse for our war. If someone leaves your alliance, that means they didn't love your alliance Obviously there's some sort of disconnect between what you're trying to say vs what you're saying, because you could just leave it at "We went in on our oA because we thought it'd be fun"

If you hate your alliance, join Atlas, we have the best toast, but be careful, if you leave: Your old alliance will attack you! and if you don't leave: They'll attack us anyway!

I'm much more into what Dochartaigh said, attacking for hatred is what fuels drama and politik lyfe. Maybe that's the point you're trying to get across to everyone Van Hoo, but it's not clear to me and (I'm sure) other peanut gallery members.

Where ... did I say we declared on them for poaching? I think I've made our reasons for attacking pretty clear, as has the other alliances involved as of today.

While incessantly attempting to get our members to join MI6 to the point of annoyance is lulzy and a mild nuisance, that alone is not a reason for us to attack anyone ... nor was it.

EDIT: Also: If our reason was "because they are threatening and easy", then this would have already happened long ago. I don't mean this to sound snarky, but MI6 is known to be an easy target and have been for a long time. That was true when I was a member and is still true now.

Edited by Van Hoo III

2 minutes ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

Just quoting this for posterity. Bern was not involved in government when TBC was in the works, unlike someone else I know.

You don't see me claiming any moral high ground saying people should 'stay and work on things', do you? My ship had sailed there, I was unhappy and strongly aware of that. I will never falt a person for leaving an alliance - I will fault a person for leaving an alliance and then telling someone else they should have stayed, when they themselves did not.

11 minutes ago, Van Hoo III said:

Where ... did I say we declared on them for poaching? I think I've made our reasons for attacking pretty clear, as has the other alliances involved as of today.

While incessantly attempting to get our members to join MI6 to the point of annoyance is lulzy and a mild nuisance, that alone is not a reason for us to attack anyone ... nor was it.

I'll piggy-back off this - you cannot poach a happy member. I have no issues with attempts at poaching until it is incessant or pushy enough to upset the members that are being targeted, which is something that has occurred. And that doesn't irritate me because it's poaching-induced - it irritates me because someone external to the alliance is upsetting a member.

Edited by Shurukian

16 minutes ago, Tevron said:

It's funny. 90% of alliances don't care about poaching until it actually happens

It's annoying as !@#$ to have someone constantly badgering you about joining them, especially if you're already committed to something else.

I'm fairly certain the last person who was 'incessantly badgered' about joining by MI6 was Xanth, in a thread that went very hilariously wrong, a very long time ago.  It's all well and good that you guys are coming up with excuses after the fact - that's certainly your right - and we're more than happy to take (most) of you down a few pegs.

Have fun out there, TBC. I'd say I'm sorry it's come to this between us, but god, I really would be lying then.

i think pouching is a very fair reason to start a war …

come on if some dude constantly tries to pick up my girl and my girl keeps telling  them she’s  not interested .. it would then be my time to step in and make sure no more  invitations were offered ……

keep your hands to yourself M16 , your previous members left you for a reason :) 

20 minutes ago, Tevron said:

Is it 2011? Hell, Atlas had far less shaky grounds to go to war with MI6 in the past, and if we ever do go in on MI6, we're not going to use those things as an excuse for our war. If someone leaves your alliance, that means they didn't love your alliance 

Agreed.

I don't get a lot of this nonsense about poaching (to be clear TTK does not condone poaching in any form, nor do I as an individual), obviously messaging someone else's newbies is bad, it's just a way of confusing them and not very nice to the alliance that worked to recruit them originally. However if someone is successfully "poaching" an established member of an alliance, then either the alliance they are leaving is doing something quite wrong, and they are unhappy there, or they are a bit of an idiot that just does whatever random messages they receive tell them.

10 minutes ago, Neo Uruk said:

It's funny. 90% of alliances don't care about poaching until it actually happens

It's annoying as !@#$ to have someone constantly badgering you about joining them, especially if you're already committed to something else.

I'm sure it would be annoying, but ultimately if they are sending that many messages, just block them, [OOC] if they are sending a ridiculous amount then they are breaking the rules and can be reported [/OOC].

Again, I'm not claiming poaching in any way is a good thing, but when it is actually effective and harms an alliance the alliance that is losing members probably deserves to lose those members, and/or is better off without them.

1 minute ago, greco said:

i think pouching is a very fair reason to start a war …

come on if some dude constantly tries to pick up my girl and my girl keeps telling  them she’s  not interested .. it would then be my time to step in and make sure no more  invitations were offered ……

keep your hands to yourself M16 , your previous members left you for a reason :) 

They are an intelligence agency, not an assault rifle.

4 minutes ago, Chimaera said:

I'm fairly certain the last person who was 'incessantly badgered' about joining by MI6 was Xanth, in a thread that went very hilariously wrong, a very long time ago.  It's all well and good that you guys are coming up with excuses after the fact - that's certainly your right - and we're more than happy to take (most) of you down a few pegs.

Have fun out there, TBC. I'd say I'm sorry it's come to this between us, but god, I really would be lying then.

You can feel free to pull out rey's words to combat my post, but I mentioned plainly upsetting members. All it takes is scrolling up a few posts to see that's true.

See? He's typing. It's his tell.

We don't need "excuses" to have an issue with you, Chim. You gave us all the reasons we need to join in when someone wanted to roll you.

I really would be lying then.

Par for the course. ;)